Computer's Dead...

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Kshitez gave me that RAM test thing I left it on overnight came back and it was still on?

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kshitez gave me that RAM test thing I left it on overnight came back and it was still on?
Then your RAM should be fine, if there werent any error messages.
I agree with siddharth if the floppy disk doesnt work then i think you should seek professional help as although your problem can be solved. It is very difficult to identify the exact nature and cause of it through forums. You could try a linux live CD like Knoppix to fix the problems.

Last edited:

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
copy the 3 files. then see if it works.

if windows gives a system file missing error, then your HDD has got bad sectors. complete format and then using recovery CD might solve the problem, but u should get porfessional assistance.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
pnksk8r!,just format the PC.take all your backups and format,the error is somehow is a missing dll,it is a major one and is linked to several other dll's.so,this dll is crashed and if this major component.dll crashes,other dll's automatically gets crashed.

Formatting is the easiest way.or upload your backups on savefile or rapidshare or Burn It Into A DVD.:)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
dude.. if he can't open his pc, how can he take the backup on a dvd or rapidshare???
another thing... formatting is the last resort, and not a solution...

@punk... if u can get to the recovery console, try running chkdsk /f
it worked for me once...i had got ntldr missing error...

KBC

Panel of Selectors
no,no,no i didn't mean by that.i was telling that format that drive which has windows XP/Vista loaded.that will clear the problem.Punksk8r!,if you have your files in drive D for example,and c:/has windows OS vLoaded in it.Just format that.Do not Format The Drive D:/.This might Clear the Problem,only clean Drive C:);)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I think either this is a bad sector, or something which had happened to me before -

I had got some files missing. So i ran the repair console and fixed it. Then after 1 - 2 restarts it happened again.

Eventually i found out that sometimes its a virus which keeps on deleting your important system files. If you copy these files once, the pc will run until the virus is active again and affects them again. Best way to do is, startup your pc once by copying the new file, then use any antivirus and clean up your pc. If it still doesnt clean the virus then you've got to use the formatting option, or seek professional help :)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Umm problem guys......my dads computer doesnt have a drive for floppy discs maybe because their so old?

What now?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
make a bootable usb pen, then put the files on it and set your bios to boot from usb

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
When you say bootable usb pen can that be anything which is usb and carrys things eg mp3 player?

And just to clear up the boot thing do I press F1 then go to boot and it comes up with four boot thingys and you can change it like boot 1: CDROM?

Well its somthing like that?

thanks.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
untitled.JPG

Something like this, I wouldnt want to try making an mp3 player bootable though.

And yes,set primary boot device to usb.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I used a USB Pen didn't work pressed ESC and then booted from USB and just said invalid disc type then the missing HDNLR message came once again...

What do you suggest now?

Users who are viewing this thread