Controller Support / 360 degree controls

Logitech Presicion Gamepad Controls

hey all ..

is there any way to determine the exact button mappings for the logitech precision gamepad ..
1633.1.0.jpg

the enter key (for catching) does not seem to b workin with any one single button .. i jus press all buttons together to catch and it works ..

also .. buttons corresponding to Q, E and / are not available ..

please help !!

The game only seems to support one controller, the 360 controller. You'll have to use trial and error and "map" it that way.

For my gamepad, the button which starts the straight ball or plays an attacking shot is the one that lets you catch. :)

PS2 pad in Win 7

This is damned annoying.

The PS2 pad's movements are being picked up in the Control Panel, and the game is picking the pads up, but they're not working in game. This means we can't play two player right now, which is a pain and I really don't want to have to buy another Xbox 360 pad.

For me the PS2 controller doesn't work properly anyway. All the buttons are the wrong way around and back foot is always selected as default. Also I cant use the program suggested in the other thread (xpadder I think) as the windows 7 free version isn't out yet.

The keyboard controls are ok but I hate using the back foot and front foot controls so i normally end up letting the ai decide.

Has anyone managed to get the PS2 pad working properly in Win 7/Ashes 2009? Right now, it's not working in game at all, even though the game is detecting it!

i have standard usb pc joypad
i have got problem that i cant change buttons in ashes 09
and thats y it is so difficult to play
like for back foot shot i have to hold right analog stick to right side while pressing left analog stick for direction and 1234 buttons for shot selection it's really hard to play
1 more problem on screen they show that for attack while batting press 3 but in my joypad i have to press 1 for attack and all these 4 main buttons are different to play and same thing happen when i bowled.
in game buttons
Lofted = 2
attack = 3
defence = 4
left the bowl = 1
but on my joypad
lofted = 2
attack = 1
defence = 3
left the bowl =4
and same in bowling plz help i want to play this game
thanks in advance

i have standard usb pc joypad
i have got problem that i cant change buttons in ashes 09
and thats y it is so difficult to play
like for back foot shot i have to hold right analog stick to right side while pressing left analog stick for direction and 1234 buttons for shot selection it's really hard to play
1 more problem on screen they show that for attack while batting press 3 but in my joypad i have to press 1 for attack and all these 4 main buttons are different to play and same thing happen when i bowled.
in game buttons
Lofted = 2
attack = 3
defence = 4
left the bowl = 1
but on my joypad
lofted = 2
attack = 1
defence = 3
left the bowl =4
and same in bowling plz help i want to play this game
thanks in advance

Unfortunately the game is only mapped for an XBOX 360 Controller for the PC and you can't edit the buttons in the game, which is of course silly. There are just two options available;
1. Get used to the buttons being the wrong way round and learn which button does what.
2. Buy a 360 PC controller

Sorry to dissapoint you but these are the bare facts!:sarcasm

Unfortunately the game is only mapped for an XBOX 360 Controller for the PC and you can't edit the buttons in the game, which is of course silly. There are just two options available;
1. Get used to the buttons being the wrong way round and learn which button does what.
2. Buy a 360 PC controller

Sorry to dissapoint you but these are the bare facts!:sarcasm

I could probably get used to the buttons being messed up, but the problem is, I can't get the damn controller to work in the game at all! Longterm, it's probably better to get a second Xbox 360 pad: it's a better controller than the PS2 pad IMO and it's going to be fully supported by all PC games in the future.

I could probably get used to the buttons being messed up, but the problem is, I can't get the damn controller to work in the game at all! Longterm, it's probably better to get a second Xbox 360 pad: it's a better controller than the PS2 pad IMO and it's going to be fully supported by all PC games in the future.

I went out and bought an Xbox PC controller especially for this game!:facepalm God I am sad! Having said that I am very happy with it, especially the response time which makes my Logitech feel like it's being run on Lemon Curd.

Configuring PC gamepad..

How the heck do you configure your gamepad I have it assigned for User 1 but I see no option to actual change the buttons to whats actually practical, at the moment the Buttos are scattered and it's impossible to play with the game pad?

I have the Steam version and checked the online manual but seen nothing..

How the heck do you configure your gamepad I have it assigned for User 1 but I see no option to actual change the buttons to whats actually practical, at the moment the Buttos are scattered and it's impossible to play with the game pad?

I have the Steam version and checked the online manual but seen nothing..

Simple answer is you can't. The game is optimised for a 360 PC controller and set-up that way.:(

Simple answer is you can't. The game is optimised for a 360 PC controller and set-up that way.:(

Seriously!?!? actually that's pretty disgraceful to anyone outwith Xbox360 users I cannot play using a keyboard and find it insulting I have to use an xbox360 controller..

Seriously!?!? actually that's pretty disgraceful to anyone outwith Xbox360 users I cannot play using a keyboard and find it insulting I have to use an xbox360 controller..

The powers that be have deemed this the right way of doing things. You will just have to get used to the buttons being the wrong way round or be like sad people like me and buy a new gamepad!:):(

Users who are viewing this thread