County Patch Released

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The county patch has been uploaded and should be available for download soon.

There are a few bugs that I do know about and I'll release a fix for them in a few days.

The back numbers for a few teams are either incorrect or missing.

umm, vineet are you sure that you haven't forgot to update the htm file there are no links to download the county patch

When I click on the link I d/l a 10kb rar file that I presume is supposed to take me to FilePlanet? But I get a 'corrupted file' error message :huh: ...

Thanks Vineet. I was having trouble with my Download Manager, but it's sorted now :) .
Happily downloading...

Downloaded and installed fine :) . Ran the game (National League), all the teams seemed there, but the players were still international squads. So I pressed 'restore teams', started another game and everything was fine.
Quit the game to play a 'county champ' match, again went into squads/restore teams..everything was fine.
Now, when I go to play another National League game, the teams don't change (i.e. no Worcs), even after pressing 'restore', and the game crashes to desktop when I scroll through the teams in the main game set- up menu :( .
Any ideas?
Looks great though...well done all :) .

I'm not sure about this problem, I'm yet to encounter it but I know Colin has too. I'll try and figure out what's going on.

Until then, can you tell me if it still happens if you restart the PC between running each game?

Andrew,
I tried again after closing down and restarting my pc, and now when I click on the National Champ exe, the game crashes after the loading screen. Also, the first screen is always the 'Frizzell' one (the one with Nasser looking at his bat handle). Is this right? It's as if the Nat Champ exe has trouble loading, is always loading the County Champ exe, then maybe crashing because of the differences in the two exes (that's only a guess of course, you guys are the experts :) )...
The County Championship (whites) one is fine. Loads up and plays without a hitch so far...

first screen is always the 'Frizzell' one (the one with Nasser looking at his bat handle). Is this right?

Thats right it's the same loading screen for both

National Champ exe, the game crashes after the loading screen

I've still not had this problem, so I've no idea what's going on. The best I can suggest so far is deleteing the teams.tem file before the game, see if that helps. It's a puzzle to me!

Tried that, no joy. Also deleted a savegame file I had from an International ,just in case, and I managed to get a game going, but only with the 2 teams that first came up after I clicked 'exhibition match'.
I quit the game, went back to choose 2 different teams, and it crashed when I started scrolling through the teams.
Tried again, and this time it crashed on the 'squads' page....

I'm at a loss. I've not had this problem. Has anyone else?

Are you absolutely sure you have extracted ALL the files and to your Cricket 2002 folder, keeping the path names intact?

Also, what other patches do you have installed?

Yes, everything installed OK (as far as I know). As far as patches go, I've got editors etc, kit updates, all the usual.
I'll wait to see if anyone else has the same probs...
Thanks anyway :) .

Users who are viewing this thread