Create stadiums

rickyp

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
sid_19840 said:
Personally if I had the time,Id try finding if we could add/edit teams instead of worrying abt stadiums,its a more pressing issue I feel,but unfortunately I dont have too much time till end December,so if nothings found till then,Ill have a look then.

totally agree, i havent been on these forums for months before a few days ago and i thought we already had that stuff :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Making stadiums requires knowledge of those 3d software. I think only BF has that knowledge with cricket 2005.

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
If, and I stress IF, we can find a proper way to add new stadia to the game, I will look at this. However, my suspicion is that this is actually impossible because we have no way of generating .O files for the geometry.

Lucky

International Cricketer
I'm sure your architectural skills would come in handy if you do make stadiums, eh BF? ;)

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
You could try a program like Rhino3D, I tried to make a stadium for FIFA 04 using it, although it looked strange on the game.

I hope someone does make a stadium. Good Luck to anyone who does!

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
DJ Ager said:
You could try a program like Rhino3D, I tried to make a stadium for FIFA 04 using it, although it looked strange on the game.

I hope someone does make a stadium. Good Luck to anyone who does!
So, can you create .O files from Rhino 3D? I'm sure we have that lying around the office somewhere.;)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
This would be great! I noticed that legend master was making his own game, and in it he created some stadiums! Could he spare some time and make some for C2k5?

Rocky

Club Cricketer
Yes I think if it is possible to replace stadiums, we can replace 2-3 England's stadiums.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I think we should put in another Windies Stadium to make the world cup more interesting

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Whoa whoa whoa, getting too far ahead of ourselves here guys. First it would be good to actually figure out how to edit these stadiums before thinking of which one they will replace.
To build a house you need a base - we don't have a base yet :p

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
I am not talented enough to make 3D designs good enough, nor good enough to make a program good enough to make a program to edit stadiums, but using Rhino3D, I can make 3D objects and for Fifa04 there was a program which helped convert Rhino files into .o files. You can get a trial version of Rhino on their website, and there was a program called OIF Tool which converted .oif files into .o files, and vise versa, but this was making stadiums for Fifa04 so it may won't work.

Users who are viewing this thread