Easports Cricket 2006

What a load of crap, knowing someone who works for EA Canada I can tell you this.

Cricket 2005 was originally meant to be Cricket 2006 coming out later this year, and was advertised on the HB-Studios website as coming out late this year.

EA then approached HB-Studios to bring the release forward in time for the Ashes as competition to Brian Lara International Cricket as they figured the game would be out before their effort, so the game was renamed and brought forward in response to the codemasters game.

Therefore the game that was meant to come out late this year, Cricket 2006, was renamed Cricket 2005 and had it's development cycle trimmed by a few months, but it was done early enough to ensure said game was finished despite the early release date.

There has never been a Cricket 2006 and Cricket 2005 mentioned on the HB Studios website at the same time, they are both very much the same thing, and there will not be another cricket game coming out from EA Sports this year, I can promise you that, it will be the second half of next year at the earliest.

shareeys said:
Great News Guyz C2006 is releasing this december ..... but alot more changes

this time ea works on graphics only now they have created the base only they have to do now is to fix bugs and enhance game play ... they have started fixing bugs of c2005 and working on the game play and hopefully it will out in december. thats the reason they are not releasing patches for c2005 . so only 6 more months and ea will kick brain lara 2005 from its way
cheers

Do we call you maric the 2nd?

lol no way this is true. The reason you release a game is for profits. Saying a game is coming out in 6 month time would decrease this profit value and thus the usefulness of cricket 05. No ea sports series does this and dont expect it to start here

Jus said:
What a load of crap, knowing someone who works for EA Canada I can tell you this.

Cricket 2005 was originally meant to be Cricket 2006 coming out later this year, and was advertised on the HB-Studios website as coming out late this year.

EA then approached HB-Studios to bring the release forward in time for the Ashes as competition to Brian Lara International Cricket as they figured the game would be out before their effort, so the game was renamed and brought forward in response to the codemasters game.

Therefore the game that was meant to come out late this year, Cricket 2006, was renamed Cricket 2005 and had it's development cycle trimmed by a few months, but it was done early enough to ensure said game was finished despite the early release date.

There has never been a Cricket 2006 and Cricket 2005 mentioned on the HB Studios website at the same time, they are both very much the same thing, and there will not be another cricket game coming out from EA Sports this year, I can promise you that, it will be the second half of next year at the earliest.

That's exactly what we suspected. Another half-baked effort from EA in an attempt to muscle in on Codies market by releasing before them.
All our sources at EA and HB were telling us earlier this year and last year that C2k6 was in production and not C2k5 hence the surprise here when C2k5 was confirmed.
Makes me even more determined to buy BLIC tbh but I do worry how many customers Codies will lose from people who aren't patient enough to wait 3 more weeks but can only buy one cricket game.

barmyarmy said:
That's exactly what we suspected. Another half-baked effort from EA in an attempt to muscle in on Codies market by releasing before them.
All our sources at EA and HB were telling us earlier this year and last year that C2k6 was in production and not C2k5 hence the surprise here when C2k5 was confirmed.
Makes me even more determined to buy BLIC tbh but I do worry how many customers Codies will lose from people who aren't patient enough to wait 3 more weeks but can only buy one cricket game.

You have just taken the words out of my mouth. We were fairly certain there was going to be no EA cricket game till this Winter at the earliest, but money and competition talks, hence I also feel (like jus as well) Cricket2006 was brought forward 6 months and became Cricket 2005

zimrahil said:
You have just taken the words out of my mouth. We were fairly certain there was going to be no EA cricket game till this Winter at the earliest, but money and competition talks, hence I also feel (like jus as well) Cricket2006 was brought forward 6 months and became Cricket 2005
And hence an unfinished product...

I have talked to my firend who works for EA, and was on the developing team for c2005, and he told me that there is no way that there is going to be a cricket2006 by december. EA doesn't even know if there is going to be a cricket2006. My buddy has said that they might wait 2 years and come out with a Cricket2007....

For the time being Cricket 2005 is the only cricket game EA is going to release.

Zreh

zreh said:
I have talked to my firend who works for EA, and was on the developing team for c2005, and he told me that there is no way that there is going to be a cricket2006 by december. EA doesn't even know if there is going to be a cricket2006. My buddy has said that they might wait 2 years and come out with a Cricket2007....

For the time being Cricket 2005 is the only cricket game EA is going to release.

Zreh

1. the only i can trust. someone who is longer here then 1 or 2 posts
2. this sounds like EA and is fully logic for a "market leader"
3. what a waste of time, believing in C2006 this year, EA never done something like that in history

rahulk666 said:
And hence an unfinished product...
Honestly, I'm not sure if that extra six months would have made a difference. This is probably the exact same bug ridden game we would have gotten 6 months from now.

I dont think ea will come up with Cricket 2006. The game is just lunched (in India) still to be launched in rest of the world and it would be just hope less to think of next EA cricket version in next 6 months !!!! I dont thnik EA is going to come up with Cricket2006. They will be looking after Cricket 2005 now and will try to remove bugs (every cricket have many many bugs though , even when they say we havel removed or will remove the bugs they will be there) and then they should come with some thing Cricket 2007 World Cup with some new features and motions ,better gfx,more commentary.

Last edited:
Easports cricket 2002
then
Easports cricket 2004
then there should be
Easports cricket 2006 in the line but they release Easports Cricket 2005
because they were develping c2006 and its taking to long for them to release it and they wanted to fight with blic 2005 thats y they release easports cricket 2006 wid the name of cricket 2005 which is not fully developed
do you guys see any bugs in fifa ??? they are using the engine of fifa and so that mean there should be no bug in easports cricket but the reason of bugs are they have released it so early... they are going to release the whole cricket game with no bugs in december 2005 with the name of easports cricket 2006 ....
source : ftp://largedownloads.ea.com
i found this on this link
but am not sure u can get it rite now because they banned me from there web because i was trying to get the info which is not for the people

Users who are viewing this thread