Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

I am not 100% sure that EA New Zealand are correct about PC only. Perhaps its the only info they have at the moment.

I am quite sure that EA saying there will be no Wii game is correct though.

hi ste is there going to be any more information to give us all and how long have the people who have news on the game got to keep it to themselves ,
the headlines cricket 09 pc only has not been but back :rolleyes:
cheers :cool:

Believe me i know my marketing. One of key principles of marketing is not to fall below expectations of the customer. We all know what happened with CK 2005 and Ck 2007. EA kept on giving details of the features of the game that created a lot of hype and the rest is history. I just think that they do not want to make that sort of mistake and if the game is about to be released in may 2009 then that pretty much proves my hypothesis.
By the way I am an MBA in marketing :rolleyes:

Another thing about Marketing is the target audience. How many people love Cricket? 1, 2...billions. The current market and potential market is of a substantial amount. Don't think hype has anything at all to do with the matter. It'll still be a success, reason? - It's Cricket.

And really, if it is released in May, expect to see a lot more ads during then.

Irony beckons, I'm studying Sports Management.

I know there are over one billion cricket fans but can you explain the absence of any quality cricket game after brian lara 1999. Cricket is not EA's priority CK 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2007 are a proof of that. EA is keeping the game secret that means it can be very good or very bad. I am not being passimistic but their pathetic track record deserves consideration.

Actually i am playing brian lara 2005 again and its quit decent, but we really need a game that build up on mechanics of brian lara 99.In my opinion that was the best game.With little tweaks it can be really good

To be honest I thought I read somewhere that HB Studios were not doing another Cricket game with EA. If I was being honest and as much as I'd love another Cricket game from EA or whoever, I doubt you will see one from EA this year, there just hasn't been any real hard evidence that there is going to be a Cricket 09. Lets face it anyone can make a logo and at the moment it's all rumours and no official word from EA at all.

Steve S.

To be honest I thought I read somewhere that HB Studios were not doing another Cricket game with EA. If I was being honest and as much as I'd love another Cricket game from EA or whoever, I doubt you will see one from EA this year, there just hasn't been any real hard evidence that there is going to be a Cricket 09. Lets face it anyone can make a logo and at the moment it's all rumours and no official word from EA at all.

Steve S.

We know for CERTAIN that EA are making a game. That we do know.

The logo on Wikipedia was made by Ste, he just edited the FIFA 09 logo.

The game is being made they just haven't annouced it as of yet and aren't allowed to talk about things which haven't been annouced.

I expect them to announce it late March in my opinion but ofcourse I have no idea really.

yer i agree come to think of it. i know this may annoy people, but i in a way dont want them to release it if it isnt for ps3 360. As il end up buying it for ?25 when i could just wait for the art of cricket which will be amazing. I have no patience! If any of you havent seen it it is awesome, made by users on this forum

I also think it will be on PS3 because they will want to continue using their 'Century Stick'-the new right-analog batting control, it makes EA cricket better than the others!

Users who are viewing this thread