Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

@ Day 5 Announcement :-

OMG !!! The best one so far....i mean WOW !!! just imagining how hard it would be to create an unlicensed tournament makes my head spin.

seriously, EA is just the best !!:rolleyes:

on a more serious note, the 5th announcement for me would be the last straw
that broke the camel's back.
am definitely not gonna buy this one...not even in my dreams...
EA can never improve....

and the hunt for a decent cricket simulator still continues..........................

BUT....all due credit must be given to the guys(admins?) for bringing these details......:clap:
people will save a lot of money coz of you guys...

Last edited:
Truly disappointed with those details!!
i was expecting something to be said about the gameplay(gameplay revamped or tweaked..lol)
or atleast a teaser pic or video...........
AND nothing mentioned about the online play.......

EA is living up to its expectations........:mad:

I'd rather wait for cricket life instead of buying this one!

Is this anti-climatic? disappointing anti-climax...btw pl get some details regarding
RELEASE DATE
PLAYER MODELS
HAWK-EYE...etc

I was unable to understand the Day 5 update, can anyone explain it to me? I will appreciate if anyone does so.

Maybe the names of the teams that they come up with will be better than the ones from the real IPL :p. They didn't even tell us if we could edit the names to the real ones, but I doubt that EA would let us do that. Not to much to get excited about this game so far :(

They didn't even tell us if we could edit the names to the real ones, but I doubt that EA would let us do that.
Yes, there is an included player editor, I have a big feeling they are strongly encouraging people to edit it to be the IPL.

I was unable to understand the Day 5 update, can anyone explain it to me? I will appreciate if anyone does so.
There will be an IPL mode, but the player and team names will be wrong.

I am not much excited about IPL but I am too happy of having more India stadiums in 09 atleast 8 stadiums for sure as there are 8 IPL teams. Finally some good features are from 2002, 2000 and 2004 ea cricket and some less features from 07 for sure:p as when EA Create a new cricket game they put new features but they remove great features from prev cricket games that makes EA worse in cricket

do we have any idea when we will get a picture or video or release date:cool:

well done to planetcricket for at least getting some information about the game :clap

Yes, there is an included player editor, I have a big feeling they are strongly encouraging people to edit it to be the IPL.

There will be an IPL mode, but the player and team names will be wrong.

Thanks mate, I understood it in the first go but the comments by other members confused me, Its really good that they are having atleast an unlicensed version of the IPL than getting nothing.
I probably know the reason for this - The BCCI would have been asking a lot of money to sell their IPL rights to EA.

Virender Sehwag added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Was today the last day of the announcements?

Does this mean that we wont be getting the english leagues then? :(

Users who are viewing this thread