Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

How come everyone here is so sure that a game is coming out when Peter Moore doesn't even want to hear a question about a cricket game being developed ?? :confused:

How come everyone here is so sure that a game is coming out when Peter Moore doesn't even want to hear a question about a cricket game being developed ?? :confused:

Because, gee, its hard, but we're all suckers for optimism.

If you all remember, when Cricket 2004 was released, EA and HB said (with much pomp and pageantry) that there would be as many as 75 (according to IGN, infact IGN: Cricket 2004) - I distinctly remember a discussion on the forums regarding the 'missing' stadiums. Even though that was a comparatively small example, EA and HB have a history of saying one thing and doing another, especially with regards to the cricket series.

As for Peter's announcement of no cricket game - let's just wait and see ;)

What I dont understand is that why Peter Moore is keep denying about cricket game ... when according to PC its so close to release (July !) .. even if EA has no more plans for Cricket for what so ever reason, it makes sense when people say it should be released coz EA and/or HB has been working on this game for a while and now that they have spent time and money the logic says they should release the game to get whatever profit they can from the game. Why the hell EA and Peter keep denying about the game?? on the other hand we (Cricket fans ) are still keeping our hopes and are not ready to give up !! I don?t want to be disappointed so I will keep my hopes low until we hear some official announcements from EA ? which I don?t know when? if the game is ready for the release in July

On a separate note if all the information that has been released by Planet Cricket about Cricket 09 is correct then I must say it is more then what you can expect from EA. I will say it again I mean people stop complaining, Cricket is very low priority for EA and if they had put that much efforts in Cricket 09 then its surprising.

There was also a cricket game rumoured…

[Laughs]

…which was heavily tipped. Cricket’s a worldwide sport, Peter.

Yeah. I was watching County cricket last night, wondering how it survives as a business.

I think there are some big backers.

Is that what it is? OK. I was watching Glamorgan and Leicestershire, and there was, like, four men and a dog. Anyway. Go ahead.

he complains about the lack of audience right?:eek:
he watches a county match when the rest of the world is watching the IPL which is going on with packed stands!:rolleyes:

Just imagine we get blown away by the great graphics and realistic gameplay which we thought wouldn't be that great, and then everybody will be like 'zomg!!! ThasTzzzz awEzom33!'. :rtfl

I have heard that in cricket 09 the bowling controls will be from mouse.......????:onpc

yh how do i no planet cricket is not lieing, and that cricket 09 aint comming out, we need to confirm its being released this summer, if so, is it for pc only, or is it for ps2 or my useless ps3??? plz im dieing to know

yh how do i no planet cricket is not lieing, and that cricket 09 aint comming out, we need to confirm its being released this summer, if so, is it for pc only, or is it for ps2 or my useless ps3??? plz im dieing to know
PC is a respected source. There IS a Cricket 09 and it will be released this summer.

Ya if PC wasn't sure about the game and its releasing this summer why they put info on the website.Clearly there is cricket 09 but will be improved version of 07 i think with some controls,tournament,kits and graphic tweaks and hopefully some game play changes.

guys if the game is really gonna release then i am expecting more indian stadiums . If the game play is same is brian lara cricket 99 that would be enough...i think we shouldn't expect more from EA

The point is that there are more potential buyers in North America than in England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. India is a giant cricket market, but they won't make a profit there, they have to price too low to compete with rampant piracy.

Like it or not, those other US sports offer a much easier entry point for gamers, possibly because they need to be simple for Americans to understand them, but driving around in a circle, bouncing a ball while running then throwing, hitting something with a stick into a goal and running forwards while holding a ball; are all very simple ideas for sports, and can appeal to people who don't know much about the sport.

I can't stand watching NFL on TV, but have Madden, because it makes a pretty good video game. Cricket doesn't do that, at least no one has done that yet. You can't get someone who doesn't like cricket to pick up a cricket game in a store, you can do that with the other sports.

As I've said before, when you are playing cricket in a park or something, everyone wants to bat, that's because as a game to play, all anyone wants to do is smash the ball as hard as they can.

Working out a bowling mechanic that works well and isn't horrible compared to batting is the first step in to getting cricket to a wider gaming audience. As it stands now, EA's audience for Cricket games is basically people who'd end up on a site like this. Codemasters have gone for the broader audience, created a game that isn't as much of a cricket simulation, but more a smash the ball around game, and it has worked well for their bottom line.

EA's move towards Twenty20 is part of this, but isn't the end. For the long term survival of EA's cricket game series, they need to sort out fundamentals that can bring in a new audience, without destroying the cricket faithful. Unfortunately this means investing a lot of money into development, money EA don't have because they have been complacent (and screwing around customers with $100 roster updates each year).

Feel free to show me EA's Baseball game.

ICC is going to introduce IPL like 20-20 in USA.If they start that then cricket will catch up in US also. Because many Indians are there in US.

one more proof about upcoming Cricket games ... it says

"Is there any word on a new cricket game for PS3/360? Preferrably something that isn't the arcade-y nonsense of Ricky Ponting Cricket?

Posted by: js on May 1, 2009 11:01 AM

Yep, Melbourne's Transmission Games is just putting the finishing touches to one, and there has been too many rumours to discount that EA is making one. The big challenge is making bowling fun. As for arcadey nonsense, I think any cricket game in future is going to have a huge emphasis on Twenty 20, so if you're after a complex simulation for epic test matches, you might be waiting a while."

The link is

The Age Blogs: Screen Play

Users who are viewing this thread