Cricket 19 General Discussion

“Weird” is absolutely meaningless

This. There are too many non-specific criticisms that just state meaningless stuff based on the feel of experience rather than whats actually technically happening.

"Weird" tells us nothing.

"Theres no flow of the bat. It just looks like the bat is just put in front of the ball. Im sure this has been brought up". Isn't much better. This is all feel and no substance. Flow of the bat? It swings through and connects! I don't think others have brought this up that I can recall.

This. There are too many non-specific criticisms that just state meaningless stuff based on the feel of experience rather than whats actually technically happening.

"Weird" tells us nothing.

"Theres no flow of the bat. It just looks like the bat is just put in front of the ball. Im sure this has been brought up". Isn't much better. This is all feel and no substance. Flow of the bat? It swings through and connects! I don't think others have brought this up that I can recall.

I did bring this right after the demo was released. The legside shot does not have a follow through and looks more like a flick. Probably had posted atleast 3 to 5 times. The shot is still being played but has reduced to big extend. Atleast does not travel for six of late. Having said that still feel the description of issues/bugs in the forum can still be better.

In fairness sometimes it is difficult to define what is wrong with awkward animations - but many are awkward. Legside and pull shots especially lack elegance and lack a natural flowing rhythm. Even front foot forward defensive blocks happen suddenly at the last minute and without natural rhythm. Square cuts often involve players stepping back and reaching for the ball - even I don't play that badly, let alone (the virtual) Steve Smith...

Play EA cricket 07 and you are struck by the contrast. Shots are elegant with smooth follow throughs - so even though the graphics are from 2006 there is a sense you are watching real cricket shots.

Well, no. Because you’re beating a dead horse.

I don’t necessarily agree with how he does it, but at least @blockerdave calls out actionable issues.

I don’t know what’s wrong with how I do it, honestly. I’ve no axe to grind and just want to play a good cricket game.

I will be and have been effusive in my praise of the good things, and there are many good - nay, excellent - things in this game.

But the other side of that is I will be damning about things that are near game breaking, which I think that level of wides/byes is (and how much worse it would be if I hadn’t lowered bounce plus a lot of possible byes I didn’t run for).

Especially this was in ashes and patched out almost immediately.

Same with the bowling all rounders - it’s not hard to make sure that role is considered for bowling changes with the same frequency as “bowlers”. Especially when one of a 4 man attack.

There’s zero point in giving praise and then not calling out crap like that.

I don’t know what’s wrong with how I do it, honestly. I’ve no axe to grind and just want to play a good cricket game.

I will be and have been effusive in my praise of the good things, and there are many good - nay, excellent - things in this game.

But the other side of that is I will be damning about things that are near game breaking, which I think that level of wides/byes is (and how much worse it would be if I hadn’t lowered bounce plus a lot of possible byes I didn’t run for).

Especially this was in ashes and patched out almost immediately.

Same with the bowling all rounders - it’s not hard to make sure that role is considered for bowling changes with the same frequency as “bowlers”. Especially when one of a 4 man attack.

There’s zero point in giving praise and then not calling out crap like that.

Totally agree, and you call out the specific issues. You’re not vague and don’t simply call out things you don’t like. You call out things which don’t work or fundamentally break the experience/immersion. I guess that’s my main point here. The “how” is personal taste.

A point about batting I’ve been meaning to raise for a while...

When bowling, it’s common to take an edge and it doesn’t carry, or it goes into a gap etc.

When batting, nearly every edge is a wicket.

It would be better if we could also get more “safe” edges too. This would have the effect of adding a bit more drama, but also make the wickets not be such a bolt from the blue. It’s. It uncommon for me to play a decent innings, be in and well set and then the first edge you’re back in the hutch. Whereas if you were edging the ball more but not necessarily getting out you are getting some clue that the pitch is doing a bit, or you’re perhaps not batting that well, the bowler is getting on top etc.

Of course there will always be the times when you’re out to the first mistake, or a magic ball etc. but it’s also very common to have the edges going into space, not carrying and giving an idea that the batsman is on borrowed time

Is there some way to enable National Anthems? I've played 3-4 Test matches till now (2 against WI, one Aus, one England) but I'm yet to see National Anthems playing even once. I play as India, do the anthems only play for the licensed teams? Not a big deal, just wondering why I'm not seeing them at all

(I don't skip the cut scenes, the match just starts with the toss)

How to create/adjust close to realistic sliders for umpiring to bring in some occassional errors/ howlers both for AI & Human...

I knw, there are umpiring difficulty sliders at the bottom but they all pertain to DRS review probabilities...or does tweaking them bring in some umpiring "inaccuracies" ?

Am I missing something in the sliders?

Kindly guide...

How to create/adjust close to realistic sliders for umpiring to bring in some occassional errors/ howlers both for AI & Human...

I knw, there are umpiring difficulty sliders at the bottom but they all pertain to DRS review probabilities...or does tweaking them bring in some umpiring "inaccuracies" ?

Am I missing something in the sliders?

Kindly guide...

Go into the Academy and you can edit the Umpire decision accuracy for each individual umpire

Go into the Academy and you can edit the Umpire decision accuracy for each individual umpire
thanx will give it a try...

I'm glad you've been able to decipher my subtlety and English understatement.

FWIW this is the current scorecard at the end of day 1... on a medium pitch, with bounce lowered (and lowered still during the innings, currently 30 pitch bounce, 35 ball bounce). 2 guys have made battling 50s and yet extras still tops the scorecard... the partnership is 169 and they've scored 106 off the bat. I think being peeved is justified, no?
lPF9KGe.jpg

And use of the bowling all rounder...

OhyQueg.jpg

And what's most annoying is the bouncer/wides gets worse the longer the partnership is unbroken, as THE ONLY strategy this amazing new AI @mikeymerren was so proud of has is to try and bounce you out.

So since lowering the bounce doesn't work, it seems the only way to avoid this is to lose wickets frequently (which admittedly is not usually a problem for me).

Just realised this was 46 wides. Fourty six wides! :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread