Cricket 19 General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hey guys
I just got the game at last after playing DB14 for many years and Ashes Cricket last Summer.
Do we have any recommended settings/sliders to tweak before I get started?
Or any other tips.

Thanks in advance.
Why don't you play the game for a bit first?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
can any1 help me please my game lags during night matches what to do
Lower the graphics settings or get a better PC. If you are on pc. Such a vague post. Platform, console or pc. If PC, then list your specs etc.

GamerKR1925

School Cricketer
Lower the graphics settings or get a better PC. If you are on pc. Such a vague post. Platform, console or pc. If PC, then list your specs etc.
my pc is good sir
game runs smoothly at 45-50 fps during day matches but goes down to 20-25 during night
my specs are as follows:-
intel core i57200u
8gb ram
1512mb intel hd 620

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
my pc is good sir
game runs smoothly at 45-50 fps during day matches but goes down to 20-25 during night
intel core i57200u
8gb ram
1512mb intel hd 620
i would suggest you reduce some of the graphics settings. I get frame rates at least three times yours on almost full settings.

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
my pc is good sir
intel core i57200u
8gb ram
1512mb intel hd 620

Disable VSync. It won't fix your problem directly by getting you more frames. But it might solve the stuttering. As VSync is essentially broken on the latest build.

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Hey guys,
I just started playing a 4 day league of domestic teams and I have been using the classic controls for spin bowling as I like the idea of being able to actually have an impact on the amount of spin applied to the ball and again, spin is obviously applied by twirling the left stick.

Now the spin indicator goes both ways. You can twirl it clockwise and anti clockwise?
Why do they give both the options?

If a Left arm spinner (as in this case) is bowling an offbreak which goes from leg to off for a right hander, then you should be able to twirl anti clockwise only. Right?
Or does the clockwise and anticlock wise twirls do not matter?

Capture.jpg

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Ok so I have not played Cricket 19 much of late during this lockdown but mainly spent time with the family in between work from home. In fact, during the last month, I think I have played only 2 test matches. But, as is their nature, the best things would always happen when you least expect those. Today was one of those days.

I think, to some extent, I have figured out how batsmen coming down the wicket in Cricket 19 test matches could be triggered. At least, for standard hard pitches.

Of course, I cannot say with 100 percent certainty that this will work all the time. However, I tried it today and saw the batsmen coming down the wicket not once or twice, but on 7 occasions within a span of I think 33-35 overs (spinner overs=10-12). Out of these 7 instances, 3 were dismissals, including a stumping with proper animation (oh yes, it does exist!).

Here’s the link to my video where you can see how the Australia 98/99 batsmen came down the wicket to play spinners like Richards and Gomes. It was pure bliss to see the centurion Taylor and the almost-centurion Gilchrist get out after coming down the wicket. Recently, I took the decision not to bowl spinners for more than 4 overs per session as they take away all the competition that the AI batsmen can put up. This is true even with settings of AI timing 90 and wicket chance 10 in the first innings, everything else on hard and legend. However, once I saw the batsman coming down the wicket for the first time, I thought maybe I should experiment a bit. Rotated the two spinners from one end while having a pacer from the other side. The results were a pleasant surprise. Not only is dancing down the wicket a reality in Cricket 19, but stumping too!

Just some days back, I was watching Chris Swift’s video on how stumpings and outfield catches were missing from Cricket 19 but were there in Ashes Cricket 17. Cricket 19 is my first Big Ant game, and I was also bothered by an absolute lack of those (ok, I’ve had one outfield catch before when the batsmen came down the wicket, but that has been the only 1 in my 18 tests.). I’m glad that the stumping plan has worked for me. I will be experimenting more but thought about sharing this here so that you all can give it a shot. Makes the game so much better. Tagging @blockerdave @Langeveldt @ChrisCricket @Dutch @wasteyouryouth @Gamer Pradosh @DalePlaysCricket

Anyways, this is what I would recommend for stumpings:

1. Get the spin flight to at least 70. AI loves to hit loopy deliveries.

2. Get spin bounce to 60. This will help in the AI mistiming.

3. This works mainly for set batsmen with defensive or very defensive fields with at least 5-6 outfielders. They will go for the lofted shots. If he is the aggressive type, it’s even better. However, I have seen this plan work against tail-enders (the dominant scorer in the partnership) too in custom fields with only 1-2 outfielders.

4. Also, try this when the batsmen are in their 40s and 90s. I love how Big Ant’s AI gets nervous while approaching a milestone.

5. Shock the AI with part-time spinners, especially if the established pacemen are keeping it very tight at the other end. It worked for me. I had Marshal, Garner, and Holding hurling fireballs from both ends before giving the Aussies some respite in the form of Gomes and Richards. Not sure, but I think the huge change of pace during successive overs also helps.

6. Have the keeper up. Bowl the typical 3-4 normal deliveries to create pressure. During the last two deliveries, at least once, try to bowl very far outside off so that he would not reach it. This will be the wicket-taking ball. Bowling outside leg also triggers the batsmen advancing, although I did not take any wickets. Must have to be really wide.

7. If he picks up the wide flighted ones well, then, in the next over, try the same line and length with bounce (faster delivery) which would shock him.

8. Have either silly point or short leg for the wicket-taking delivery. If not being stumped, batsmen could balloon it up as well.

9. If your spinner is not getting the batsmen to come down the wicket in 4 overs, switch to a different bowler.

10. Have patience. Don’t overdo the flight and bounce. Stick to a maybe one stumping delivery per over.

That’s it. I hope this works for you all. Try it, and share your experience too. :D

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
can anyone please suggest me the best gamma settings to play at on pc with screenshot or decimal numbers please would appreciate it
and can anyone please share their camera settings for best experience @wasteyouryouth
@DalePlaysCricket @GuyIncognito and anyone else

Its really dependent on your own monitor, I have an IPS monitor so my colour, gamma profiles could potentially be completely different to yours. Having said that less is more with Cricket 19, as some of the grass outfields are quite bright to begin with. Just test it. If you're alluding to fine tuning settings to getting "better graphics", cricket 19 is what it is, its pretty average to look at despite max settings and fine tuned gamma/ brightness regardless.

Camera wise, I like to bat with broadcast 2, I think, one of those anyway. Bowling far or one of the broadcast cameras for bowling.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok so I have not played Cricket 19 much of late during this lockdown but mainly spent time with the family in between work from home. In fact, during the last month, I think I have played only 2 test matches. But, as is their nature, the best things would always happen when you least expect those. Today was one of those days.

I think, to some extent, I have figured out how batsmen coming down the wicket in Cricket 19 test matches could be triggered. At least, for standard hard pitches.

Of course, I cannot say with 100 percent certainty that this will work all the time. However, I tried it today and saw the batsmen coming down the wicket not once or twice, but on 7 occasions within a span of I think 33-35 overs (spinner overs=10-12). Out of these 7 instances, 3 were dismissals, including a stumping with proper animation (oh yes, it does exist!).

Here’s the link to my video where you can see how the Australia 98/99 batsmen came down the wicket to play spinners like Richards and Gomes. It was pure bliss to see the centurion Taylor and the almost-centurion Gilchrist get out after coming down the wicket. Recently, I took the decision not to bowl spinners for more than 4 overs per session as they take away all the competition that the AI batsmen can put up. This is true even with settings of AI timing 90 and wicket chance 10 in the first innings, everything else on hard and legend. However, once I saw the batsman coming down the wicket for the first time, I thought maybe I should experiment a bit. Rotated the two spinners from one end while having a pacer from the other side. The results were a pleasant surprise. Not only is dancing down the wicket a reality in Cricket 19, but stumping too!

Just some days back, I was watching Chris Swift’s video on how stumpings and outfield catches were missing from Cricket 19 but were there in Ashes Cricket 17. Cricket 19 is my first Big Ant game, and I was also bothered by an absolute lack of those (ok, I’ve had one outfield catch before when the batsmen came down the wicket, but that has been the only 1 in my 18 tests.). I’m glad that the stumping plan has worked for me. I will be experimenting more but thought about sharing this here so that you all can give it a shot. Makes the game so much better. Tagging @blockerdave @Langeveldt @ChrisCricket @Dutch @wasteyouryouth @Gamer Pradosh @DalePlaysCricket

Anyways, this is what I would recommend for stumpings:

1. Get the spin flight to at least 70. AI loves to hit loopy deliveries.

2. Get spin bounce to 60. This will help in the AI mistiming.

3. This works mainly for set batsmen with defensive or very defensive fields with at least 5-6 outfielders. They will go for the lofted shots. If he is the aggressive type, it’s even better. However, I have seen this plan work against tail-enders (the dominant scorer in the partnership) too in custom fields with only 1-2 outfielders.

4. Also, try this when the batsmen are in their 40s and 90s. I love how Big Ant’s AI gets nervous while approaching a milestone.

5. Shock the AI with part-time spinners, especially if the established pacemen are keeping it very tight at the other end. It worked for me. I had Marshal, Garner, and Holding hurling fireballs from both ends before giving the Aussies some respite in the form of Gomes and Richards. Not sure, but I think the huge change of pace during successive overs also helps.

6. Have the keeper up. Bowl the typical 3-4 normal deliveries to create pressure. During the last two deliveries, at least once, try to bowl very far outside off so that he would not reach it. This will be the wicket-taking ball. Bowling outside leg also triggers the batsmen advancing, although I did not take any wickets. Must have to be really wide.

7. If he picks up the wide flighted ones well, then, in the next over, try the same line and length with bounce (faster delivery) which would shock him.

8. Have either silly point or short leg for the wicket-taking delivery. If not being stumped, batsmen could balloon it up as well.

9. If your spinner is not getting the batsmen to come down the wicket in 4 overs, switch to a different bowler.

10. Have patience. Don’t overdo the flight and bounce. Stick to a maybe one stumping delivery per over.

That’s it. I hope this works for you all. Try it, and share your experience too. :D
Wow. Thanks for this post I shall absolutely be giving that a go with the flight/bounce thing.

Users who are viewing this thread