MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all. I am facing a bit of a problem here. Why are the FRONT FOOT legside shots not that effective? By legside, I meant the shots over square leg and fine leg. Let it be lofted shots or grounded shots, even when I get ideal ideal ideal, the force is not that much compared to shots in the offside. When I get even a Good Ideal ideal, I can get a six in the offside, but even when I get ideal ideal ideal and hit a lofted or even grounded shots on the legside, it is not that effective and usually goes for a catch. This only happens for me. In other cricket 19 videos, this does not happen. What should I do? Also pls note that my difficulty for batting is medium, for bowling and fielding it is hard and the other 2 are default.

Edit: Does shot force help in this or does it help only when my timing is ideal?
Nerfed a long time ago because you could virtually hit every ball for six.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Hi all. I am facing a bit of a problem here. Why are the FRONT FOOT legside shots not that effective? By legside, I meant the shots over square leg and fine leg. Let it be lofted shots or grounded shots, even when I get ideal ideal ideal, the force is not that much compared to shots in the offside. When I get even a Good Ideal ideal, I can get a six in the offside, but even when I get ideal ideal ideal and hit a lofted or even grounded shots on the legside, it is not that effective and usually goes for a catch. This only happens for me. In other cricket 19 videos, this does not happen. What should I do? Also pls note that my difficulty for batting is medium, for bowling and fielding it is hard and the other 2 are default.

Edit: Does shot force help in this or does it help only when my timing is ideal?
Increase ideal time boost slider, set it to around 45, should be easy to hit sixes after that on leg side as well

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Batting is easy with full confidence.
Yes and this is generally the key, you take more chances in T20 and ODI's but in tests you have time but prone to the good ball.

LiamCobra

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yo community. Let's say I want to update most of the teams in-game with new kits, rosters and stadiums, but I want to keep the player models I have collected over time. Can I just delete all logos, unlink the teams, then download the updated versions? Will my player models go into those teams or will it add a whole bunch of new player versions and duplicates?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yo community. Let's say I want to update most of the teams in-game with new kits, rosters and stadiums, but I want to keep the player models I have collected over time. Can I just delete all logos, unlink the teams, then download the updated versions? Will my player models go into those teams or will it add a whole bunch of new player versions and duplicates?
If you unlink the teams, the player models will become a custom player and the original player with the team will be present. So you would have to re-link the players again.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Can anyone tell me how to tap back a LOFTED ball? Many times I have seen the ball going JUST over the boundary but I could tap it back to prevent a Six. But I was never able to do it. I tried pressing the Y button but it never worked. How can I do so?

RAVI99

Club Captain
For beginners, standard is best since it's controls and learning process is easy. If you played previous big ant cricket games or have more experience, I would suggest classic controls. Its your choice.
Post automatically merged:

That might be because you might have gotten those 14 runs in the death overs. But still, I did get 3 boundaries and 1 six in those 39 runs. I will play another match and tell you guys again.
Sixes you hit and later if you miss deliveries and dots balls your confidence goes down again depend on your sixes if it was thought out your innings or it was 3 balls three boundaries.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Yes and this is generally the key, you take more chances in T20 and ODI's but in tests you have time but prone to the good ball.
Cricket 19 is more like a test match gameplay mode.
T20 are like test match only in cricket 20.
Just place all close in fielders and they will catch everything. Last patch has degraded the gameplay.
Before that it was nice.
With offside batsman wall also it has become boring online random people keep 9 fielders on off and ball off batsman has nothing to do.
Cricket 19 is more bowler based game.
Where in real cricket is more a batsman game in mainly shorter formats.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Cricket 19 is more like a test match gameplay mode.
T20 are like test match only in cricket 20.
Just place all close in fielders and they will catch everything. Last patch has degraded the gameplay.
Before that it was nice.
With offside batsman wall also it has become boring online random people keep 9 fielders on off and ball off batsman has nothing to do.
Cricket 19 is more bowler based game.
Where in real cricket is more a batsman game in mainly shorter formats.
I never play online too many people looking to cheat.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Hi all. Why am I getting incorrect footwork when I am playing in classic controls most of the time? In standard, my footwork was always ideal or good and rarely ok or poor. But in classic, for example, a short ball is being bowled, I play in back foot but the feedback shows poor footwork. When a fuller ball is bowled, I play in front foot, I got ideal timing and shot selection but poor footwork. I don't know why this happens. Does this happen to someone else too? How can I fix this?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hi all. Why am I getting incorrect footwork when I am playing in classic controls most of the time? In standard, my footwork was always ideal or good and rarely ok or poor. But in classic, for example, a short ball is being bowled, I play in back foot but the feedback shows poor footwork. When a fuller ball is bowled, I play in front foot, I got ideal timing and shot selection but poor footwork. I don't know why this happens. Does this happen to someone else too? How can I fix this?
Does Standard even have footwork input?

It might be related to your timing of footwork. You can fix it by practicising.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Does Standard even have footwork input?

It might be related to your timing of footwork. You can fix it by practicising.
Well Yes. Standard has footwork input. If you try to play a front foot shot for a short ball, it would show poor footwork. But in classic controls, even if I play a back foot shot for a short ball, it is showing poor footwork. Why? Well, you have to play in backfoot for short balls right? What kind of timing is needed for footwork?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Well Yes. Standard has footwork input. If you try to play a front foot shot for a short ball, it would show poor footwork. But in classic controls, even if I play a back foot shot for a short ball, it is showing poor footwork. Why? Well, you have to play in backfoot for short balls right? What kind of timing is needed for footwork?
That's how it works. The timing might be more nuanced depending on the batting difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread