cricket 2002 and directx - getting the right mix!

A

Anonymous

hey guys
I saw a post can't remember from who but the person said that cricket 2002 is not compatible with directx 8.1 but doesnt that come with winxp, which incidentally i have installed? maybe thats why it slows down sometimes??

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Hi garryc10!

I am one of those guys, who had problems with dirextX 8.1, but I am still using WIN98 and not XP.

When the Cricket 2002 demo came out, I still had directX 8.0a on my computer. I had no problems to run that game under that version of directX. But then I had a closer look into the "readme-file" and there it was recommended to use directX 8.1. So I did the upgrade, but after that the game-demo always crashed me back to the desktop, shortly after I tried to start the game.

I found a helpful guy who told me that there is a tool existing which can be used to remove all former versions of directX - so did I. Then I reinstalled directX version 8.0a and everything worked pretty well again.

I posted this to the EA-forum and got a lot of replies on that, because I was the first (unfortunately :;): ),who noticed such a problem.

Please be very carefully before you remove older versions of directX, I really do not know if that works on XP.

Good luck my friend and

cheers,

Peter</span>

removing directX is tricky business...exercise caution while doing so.

I am using directX8.a and i have had no graphics troubles described in this and the EA forums.The game does slow down sometimes but i reckon that's because of my low grade computer.

Users who are viewing this thread