Cricket 2004 bugs list

Originally posted by schase
Ste, you are correct, there is no specific pattern to this. It happens only in ODIs, but regardless of what teams I choose, etc. Yes, every time at 23 overs, regarldess of what competition I am playing. Hmmm, interesting point there sagar. This has never happened to me in a test match. What's up with EA? In Cricket 2002, bowlers in ODIs almost ALWAYS bowled more than 10 overs, and there was no crashing there! SteveG, I DO think it is rather pathetic that EA can't find a solution to their own games, especially after more than 2 months! Okay, squiz, excuse my utter ignorance here, but whatsa "SavTweak thread"? I'm pretty new to these forums etc. (i.e. this is the first time I have ever posted anything on a forum for help!).

The SavTweak thread is, http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4362 and you can download SavTweak from the editors section of the downloads bit on http://www.planetcricket.org. Did you get my PM btw?

Ste

Thanks, I found something that MAY help, will have to see later. Of course, life would just be easier if EA would release a patch for this. And life would be MUCH easier if they could THINK about these things before releasing their game. I don't think I've ever played such a bug-infested game as this in my life! Interestingly, I am watching "Alien Resurrection" as I type these words...

Originally posted by schase
Thanks, I found something that MAY help, will have to see later. Of course, life would just be easier if EA would release a patch for this. And life would be MUCH easier if they could THINK about these things before releasing their game. I don't think I've ever played such a bug-infested game as this in my life! Interestingly, I am watching "Alien Resurrection" as I type these words...

Glad you are on the way to getting your problem sorted. What exactly did EA send to you about going to these forums? Can you post the email here? was it EA South Africa?

Ste

It has been going on for just over 2 months, so it's a little hard to post EVERYTHING they said leading up to this. This is the last e-mail I got (got your PM and replied with more info):

"Hi, I have sent you email to the UK support arm to see if they have perhaps encountered you problem. Will forward you the response as soon as I receive it. Found a nice resource in www.cricket2004.net Check it out, I am scrimmaging through it now to see if anyone has the same problem as yours..."

Strange they think the UK arm could somehow help even though the game hasnt been released in the UK yet. However it does seem that they where helpful with trying to fix your problem and telling you to try many things!

They had to send it to a support arm, because their other arm or should I say hand was preoccupied..................

If you know what I mean.

Yeah, I guess it's nice of them to try to help. Unfortunately nothing they have suggested has actually helped, until they sent me here. They kept telling me to update drivers etc. Eventually I did a full WinXP update, including DirectX, drivers, and all optional updates. When I told them this, they said, "Please update your sound card drivers..." Um, which part did they not understand?

I currently have the same problem again, with a different game though.

Gladiator, run but then goes black and crashes.

No explanation. So much for me having an IT degree. Same crappy problems happen.

Always results in being a driver conflict in the most irrelevant place.

This is more a mild annoyance than an actual bug, but does anyone find how when a player is given out LBW he will stand there and object to the decision EVERYTIME!!! Maybe I'm showing my age, but this isn't a particularly good role model for young cricketers. Mind you most LBW decisions are bad ones.

This is a bug, but just more irritating than game killing.

I have noticed that when I gave my one player the umbrella like style of hair, I gave him brown hair. Whenever he goes to bat, he has black hair. What the hell? Does he dye his hair between fielding/bowling and batting?

I have not tested this with any other hair styles or colours, but that specific one I know for sure messes up.

Oh...and ever notice how your batsman's heads will flop around like a fish out of water now and again? I find that...amusing...yes...

Here's more...I was playing a 50 over ODI and was approaching 1000 runs and the game kept crashing every second over. So I played an over, loaded the game, played the next, loaded the game, etc.

There is actually commentary for "One thousand" I was quite amazed. Also, the six sixes in an over commentary was at least something new...I think

Howdie fellow cricketers...
Well there are loads of bugs in this game, and about EA sports and the cricket 2004 patch well...I don't think anyone is working on it. The problems I have faced so far are...

1. When playing ODI, if I save a game and later go on to continue teh line-up turns out to the default line-up. (Don't know about Test matches, never got the chance to play them.)

2. I rarely, and I mean rarely get a swing or/and an edge in a ODI. In Tests I only get the edges no swings.

3. The conditions of the pitch are known only after you have selected your players. (What I do in this is I have memorised the pitches colour, so I will know what kind of pitch it is and select the players according to it.)

4. When playing on a Damp pitch I found out something. Using a spinner and bowling at a short lenght and straight line towards the wickets and hardly putting any pace the ball rolls towards the wickets. (But if the ball bounces twice before reching the batsman's crease the Umpire will give it a No ball.) But with accurate pace of making the ball bounsing once and the second bouce after the line the batsman just leaves the ball, getting Bowled or leg before. Don't know why this happens.

5. There is this Bowling Stamina thingi I just found out about, it doesn't change. (Wonder how to use it O.o)

There are many but don't seem to remember them...
And guys if you have solutions or fixes to these problems please, please let me know...I would be very greatfull.

Thanks,
TheGame

i have a problem.
just got the game and was playing when suddenly the sreen turns really fuzzy so you cant see any thing but you still hear sound.
i ihave a geforce 2 by the way

Hi

I dont know whether anyone has already posted this.

At the end of the match, if you look at the scorecard where a team is all out, you can find that no batsman is shown NOTOUT!!! instead of this, C&B will appear against his name. LOL. LOL. LOL.

Also, talking about C&B, there are no caught & bowled in the dismissals. I've never seen a C&B in all the 50+ games I've played in C2K4!

I've had quite a few C&B's, only 1 with a fast bowler though when the batsman top edged it. And with the Not Out bug, in the second innings players will be shown as not out

Users who are viewing this thread