Cricket 2004 News and Info

I just noticed something - the screenshots on page 1 of this topic. The 3d model for the head is exactly the same as the heads in rugby 2004. The graphics on that are S H I T E! Let's hope they have sorted them out for the final release. Also, let's hope they use different motion captures for things like running and walking becuase they are rubbish also.

Just also like to say how jealous I am of all you Aussies and other southern hempisphere-ers who are getting the new game so much earlier than us winging poms!

One more thing - I'm glad England beat the Aussies in the rugby the other week. It was wonderful to see the Australian team so pissed off. And your Prime Minister is a disgrace - he said nothing to Martin Johnson when he gave him the trophy. No smile, no "Well done", no nothing - just a face like thunder. I would hope that most Aussies are a little more graceful in defeat. He is an embarrasment to your country.

Originally posted by mani_2002001@Nov 1 2003, 07:01 PM
pic 3
the player editor seems to be similar to Fifa editor. But it should be different bcos the no. of teams and players in Fifa and Cricket are different.

Originally posted by mani_2002001@Nov 5 2003, 07:19 AM
sachin i think it is hitting shoaib out of the park and sehwag watching
how fast is shoaib in the game? If its in the game, does the game have a speed range for every position of the speedometer

Well I would hope it is all going to be relative. I hope Shoaib and Brett Lee will be faster fast bowlers than Jimmy Anderson or Chaminda Vaas for example and not just the fast medium and spin options of the c2k2

cricket2002.tk is doing a gr8 job. u guys, according to me, are the Official Cricket 2002 and 2004 website. I went to EA sports website for cricket 2004. They had a link for the official Cricket 2004 website which linked to the Cricket 2002 website. They just had 1 phaaltu wallpaper.

Yeah the new site is supposed to be up soon, possibly Friday if rumours are to be believed

I'm sorry to say that upon further inspection of the newer screenshots, the same head mesh has been used for cricket 2004 as for rugby 2004. The players will look like grown up rug rats, no doubt.

Some things to note about HB-Studios lack of attention to detail:
* Helmet grills are crap
* Batting pads are just extended wicket-keeping pads and look crap
* Bat never looks like it is actually in the player's hands
* Player models lack detail - check out the test match screenshot of some indian dude who has just got out - the straps on his pads are just "painted" onto his legs
* Bowling animations appear to be the same as the other game
* Same old boring "point-and-chuck" bowling system. Surely they could have tried a new idea for this, such as line, length and power meters to make bowling a challenge - or something.

Some good things I've picked up though:
* Batting animations appear to look more fluid - don't ask me how I can tell from still shots, but I think everybody agrees that it is possible. Look on the EA wallpaper at the indiad one-day guy playing a big drive (top center) and it looks very free-flowing
* Confidence meter - if implemented properly this could be great. If, say, confidence goes up after one good shot, and can fall after the ball passing the outside edge, receiving a tight over, etc., it will be an inspired idea - might just be crap though like rugby 2004's "team momentum" meter.

Let's hope the pace of the game is increased too. The old game was so slow it is silly. The fielders apparently jog to the ball, and the batsmen amble between the wickets. We all have such high expectations for this game, and HB Studios could either do themselevs a favour, or a lot of damage with this game. I hope it's nothing like rugby 2004 where everybody had high hopes that were dashed by a half-finished pile of ****.

HB Studios: we await with baited breath.

Man, I should get a job doing this. (though being this stoned from 9 til 5 every day would become very expensive!!)

Let's not worry about what the batsman's pad straps are like FFS!! It's the gameplay that matters!

Originally posted by rockychh+Dec 4 2003, 12:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rockychh @ Dec 4 2003, 12:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mani_2002001
@Nov 5 2003, 07:19 AM
sachin i think it is hitting shoaib out of the park and sehwag watching
how fast is shoaib in the game? If its in the game, does the game have a speed range for every position of the speedometer [/b]
Yeh he will be there in the game
From the screeenshot we can see it shows the speed as 149.64 KM/H
so this time the speed is variable
not like in c2k2

i found this on gameplanet.co.nz

Cricket 2004 Promotion

GPstore are running a special pre-order promotion for the soon to be released Cricket 2004. Here's the goss straight from the GPstore site:

Together with EA Sports we have put together a fantastic promotion for Cricket 2004... Buy before December 22nd (PC or PS2 version) and go in the draw to win a beautifully framed photographic featuring Nathan Astle smashing a double-century in record time against England on his way to a massive 222 runs. With only 222 world-wide, this personally-autographed collectible is a highly-valued piece of sports memorabilia.

Now that would look good up on the wall!

Atleast this confirms that game will be out before dec 22
cant wait B)

ACUTALLY U CANT EVER BY THE REAL GAME IN PAK U ALWAYS GET FAKES, BUT THE FAKE COMES ON THE SAME DAY IF NOT B4 AUS, BC THEY HAVE MEN INSIDE THE JOB ETC ALL SOO ILLIGAL

look im 52 not out half centuary!!!
sultan khans 52* (56balls)
yasi hammed-56* (49 balls)

<------------

Hi,

Today I emailed the administrator of the DVDcrave website where I have pre ordered the PC cd of cricket 2004 asking him about the shiiping date of cricket 2004 , and he replied that 7th december is the date (Confirmed) when they will ship the product via International Air mail.

Also if you guys go and read the interview with andew wilson on cricket web.net (held on 3rd ) he says that release date is 17 th decmber but it could be earlier as when the stores get the game, so I think it is now clear that some stores are getting it earlier than the others.
also please go to dvdcrave.com and see that already pre order for ps2 cricket 2004 has tops the charts.

babai :)

Yeah but Babai international shipping could take between a week and ten days anyway. I hope I am wrong and we get early as I have ordered mine from Games Warehouse, its got to come all the way to Edinburgh though!!!

Users who are viewing this thread