Cricket 2005 Demo Released - Views, Opinions and Reviews

has anyone noticed that the players ran too far down or up after a run, I mean it looks retarded to see K.Pietersen down 5 meters beyond the stumps by the bowler after a single run
i find that the slogging shots are really badly coordinated because most of the time the batsmen miss the ball by a foot. thats definitely NOT realistic
yes in real u miss the ball sometimes n get bowled but in this game it is way too much
ughh........EA

Have you seen the supernatural fielders running backwards with same speed as running forward. Sometimes they just glide backwards.

Can someone tell me if they have experienced any snick outs to wicket keeper or slip? Are there edges this time?

*currently downloading and 1 hour 20 mins to go*

vivaki said:
Can someone tell me if they have experienced any snick outs to wicket keeper or slip? Are there edges this time?

*currently downloading and 1 hour 20 mins to go*
snick out to wicketkeeper is there but only if you play a stupid shots like a leg glance to short delivery outside off stump.

barmyarmy said:
I've had a few snicks to the keeper playing the back foot cover drive; something that never happened in C2k4.
Hmmm.. interesting... Never tried back foot cover drive as most of the balls i face in demo are yorkers :mad

I've played the demo and here's my take --
1. The pacing is slower than I expected. Its almost as if my computer is slow. There's like a delay but you get used to it eventually.
Compared to Cricket 2004 -- C2K4 is better. Its much livelier and you get the sense of speed and urgency.

2. The graphics are stunning. Compared to C2K4 -- C2K5 wins hands down.

3. Batting -- C2K4 I think is better here. Or at least in the small time I played the demo I felt that. The cover drive shot is such t hat I usually get bowled. What gives ?
Its definitely more about timing and its not as forgiving as C2K4.
Hitting a six is hard and timing seems to be crucial. It should make hardcore gamers happy. Batting seems more like C2K2 than C2K4. Its not as zippy as C2K4

4. Bowling -- No idea. Didn't bowl. But seems like the AI is decent here. I hit a six and the next couple of deliveries were near yorkers. Seems logical

5. Fielding -- Definitely seems better than C2K4. Animation is complete and smooth.

Overall -- the game's become more like Gran Turismo 4 in that its more of a realistic sim than an arcade style like say Burnout. I think its still a must buy.

If you're getting bowled trying to play the cover drive, you're not a very good cricketer.

barmyarmy said:
I've had a few snicks to the keeper playing the back foot cover drive; something that never happened in C2k4.

it happened to me also , snicks went to first slip , keeper caught them nicely with diving to his right

fanirama said:
I've played the demo and here's my take --
1. The pacing is slower than I expected. Its almost as if my computer is slow. There's like a delay but you get used to it eventually.
Compared to Cricket 2004 -- C2K4 is better. Its much livelier and you get the sense of speed and urgency.

Now that doesn't sound very clever.

However...

fanirama said:
Its definitely more about timing and its not as forgiving as C2K4.
Hitting a six is hard and timing seems to be crucial. It should make hardcore gamers happy.

...this is the sort of thing that would make me want to buy a game! A challenge is what I want!

stevie said:
...this is the sort of thing that would make me want to buy a game! A challenge is what I want!
Exactly, c2k4 is boringly easy at the best of times, all you need is a half decent player to come to the crease and hit the first ball for 6 :mad

Users who are viewing this thread