Cricket 2005 Demo Released - Views, Opinions and Reviews

I am truly loving this game. The anims are smooth and although I can beat it everytime (...as long as the bowler doesn't bowl to many yorkers...) it took me a while to get there, hopefully the captains change the setups in different ways. DYNAMIC CAMERA RULEZ!

GattbWarne4 said:
As there was an inviting gap in the third man area (as per C2004's unrealistic fields), thought I'd try standing outside leg stump & late cut. Tried this nearly every ball & got two runs each time. Sadly, the AI didn't get the message and plug the gap :( However, after playing just one sweep shot & getting a run, the AI moved another fielder behind square :confused:
Yes,before i knew how to hit sixes thats what i did,the bowlers did adjust their line a bit but the fielders didn't(maybe in the demo the field can't change).Now this demo has exceeded my expectations,but not totally,I wish the demo was longer!Now i will have to wait for the BLIC demo.

hmm i had read all the reviews and its seems that Ea has impress more people than they have depressed(More good reviews than bad ones) i guess i will buy both games instead of buying Blc 2005 only

ZoraxDoom said:
I just deleted it :(
And I aint gonna download it all over again!!! :mad
The system requirements state that a Intel Intergrated Graphics Card would be fine. What happen was, if you look at page 6, the missing texture appears everywhere, even though the demo had been completely installled. Although I think this might help-I have been getting this warning speech bubble thing that my virtual memory is too low, so the requests for some files won't be completed, or somethin like that. Is that of any importance?

May be you need to increase your virtual memory size.Possibility is your system is not providing you sufficient resources which you require to run this game.

cheaterr said:
Wow...I wasted 10 mins of my time for this ****...it's the same as C2k4!

As far as I am concerned I can judge many differences.

I have a story that seems to be relevant.

There's an episode of The Simpsons where Lisa designs a doll, Lisa Lionheart, to compete with the Barbie-esque Malibu Stacy and in return the makers of Malibu Stacy give her a new hat. The new Malibu Stacy sells out, while Lisa goes home quietly happy that her doll reached just one girl.

Hopefully people can be more impressed by substance in this instance.

Anyway, I think it was fobstyle who mentioned slow or delayed animation. This is something I have also noticed of the FIFA engine (on PC at least). It doesn't appear to respond to your controls in real time. It is similar to problems i have noticed in games such as GTA Vice City and Halo, which are console ports and thus not fully optimised for PC.

kelvinismyname, keep in mind, a lot of people wouldn't have played this demo simply because they weren't looking forward to it. Quality over quantity in this case; if five or ten people think it's too similar to C2004, then it probably is.

taxial said:
I am truly loving this game. The anims are smooth and although I can beat it everytime (...as long as the bowler doesn't bowl to many yorkers...) it took me a while to get there, hopefully the captains change the setups in different ways. DYNAMIC CAMERA RULEZ!

FINALLY, some one did try the damn camera angle. It sure is good. And yeah, the bowler does change the line once you move. I tried moving towords the leg side to play a drive, so intea of bowling on the stumps, he bowled a bit more wider so I couldn't make any contact with the ball. And also once it bowled me directly on the stumps and I couldn't do anything but to get bowled. Inteligent AI, it sure is intelligent this time arround(atleast in some aspects).

and for people who are saying that the bowlers bowl to many yorkers should also keep in mind that these are the last 3 overs of the innings that you are playing so how come you dont expect any bowler to bowl yorkers. Chris Gayle does the same thing for W.Indies. So that to me is in no ways unrealistic or a bug (although I dont know if the same things happen in the full version).

Last edited:
Anil Dharani said:
and for people who are saying that the bowlers bowl to many yorkers should also keep in mind that these are the last 3 overs of the innings that you are playing so how come you dont expect any bowler to bowl yorkers.

Keep hoping this is really the case, and not that the AI is the same as the last 2 versions

Hero said:
May be you need to increase your virtual memory size.Possibility is your system is not providing you sufficient resources which you require to run this game.
I have increased it to 1152. Hope that works.

The best way to play yorkers is to sweep them for a single down at deep square leg to gillespie.

Wait for the ball to come close to you and press the hit six button + the sweep shot.

If u play it early it will go straight up in the air, if u play it late u may even hit it for a boundry ;)

Satyam000 said:
The best way to play yorkers is to sweep them for a single down at deep square leg to gillespie.

Wait for the ball to come close to you and press the hit six button + the sweep shot.

If u play it early it will go straight up in the air, if u play it late u may even hit it for a boundry ;)

or u can press the six button + s + left button and it will go for six too ..i tried it

What the hell? Last two times I downloaded this demo, it took 1 hour 17 minutes, now it is going to take 8 hours and 3 minutes!!!!!!!!!! :mad :mad :mad :mad
WTF!!!!!!! It is only downloading at a rate of 10.5 KB/Sec(normal 65 KB/Sec). This isn't fair :mad :mad :mad :mad F***** demo! Screw it!

Users who are viewing this thread