Cricket 2005 Demo Released - Views, Opinions and Reviews

so can we edit the demo so we can bowl 3 overs instead?? (im not to clever with pcs so im just asking)

sorry ive just read about demo expander etc,,,,,,will read b4 posting next time sorry

Anil Dharani said:
Your download has corrupted. You'll have to redownload it mate.

Damn! I'll just go and buy it then. Its already out in India.

sachin said:
I just played on :cool: Short one,to close to the body,cut it back on to the stumps!I still have no idea how to smash the ball :mad

I won twice in three tries when I first tried the demo. Since then. I haven't won a single time. But still enjoying it even if its just three overs. Its still quite fun.

I was pleased with the demo, although I hav'nt won a match yet from 4 tries!
All of the Australian players resembled their real-life counterparts (except for maybe Symonds ;))
It was good to see animation in the players faces and an overall vast improvment on all graphical aspects of the game.
It looks like Cricket 2005 will win the hearts of many EA Sports haters... even though there are a few bugs that havn't been cleaned since last time. :D
Cheers.

I've had about thirty!I really suck!The closest i've got-249/9.Highest scorer-peiterson 49,48.

One thing i do like about the demo is that the bowlers seem to adjust their line,when i was standing along way outside leg stump they slowly but surely heemd in on my leg stump.Impressive!

Just made 249/8-gough got 16 not out,yay!

Ah i just got the hang of it then(pressing the wrong buttons,typical me!)-257-8,63 peiterson,four sixes,two off the first two balls.really easy to hit sixes.
I'm off to bed,it's 1:20 am.No shower first.anyway night people.

At last i won the demo after several attempts, hmm it difficult to score of every ball , baller adjusts their line and length , good work EA , finally Good Game on hands, still its too early to say but looks gr8 with all graphics and animations of players , specially Austrialian and England faces match to thier real faces , but should see about other teams as well ,,,waiting for the Game in UAE

Just scored a 4 with a superb reverse sweep with pietesen, looked lush cant wait till friday for the xbox version to play with my mates

Review

Well i read that some people thought that bowling is a bit slow. Well i cant comment on that as on my PC it runs in super-hyper mode. I mean it plays very fast. I have a 1.3 GHZ, PIV,256Mb Ram and 32 MB Graphics card. I have maximised the graphics settings. But it still runs very fast.

Anyways, The game looks pretty solid to me. The shots look good, bowling looks good, batting feels good(sometimes it feels like the batting from Cricket 2002, though with much much better animations). I like the bowling actions as well (though only off-spin and left arm spin have been shown to us).
The cut-scenes are awesome.

Over-all i am really liking this game. It has exceeded my expectations by a mile. Il surely be buying this game.

As there was an inviting gap in the third man area (as per C2004's unrealistic fields), thought I'd try standing outside leg stump & late cut. Tried this nearly every ball & got two runs each time. Sadly, the AI didn't get the message and plug the gap :( However, after playing just one sweep shot & getting a run, the AI moved another fielder behind square :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread