Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

D

Deleted member 185125

Batsman sliding towards the ball to connect is still a thing which bugs me a lot..There are shots when the batsman holds his stance and misses which looks great but mostly it's the slide to the ball to connect just because the timing was good.. Implementation of timing to be the main source of a shot to connect or not has always caused such issues.. There should be importance to whether the shot is doable from the position the batsman is in and how wide the ball is as well. This is especially for cover and squarish area shots on off and leg sides.. Same with Pull shots where he slides to the position even if it means moving 4 stumps to connect..
This would be a great change, but they would need 100 more batting animations to get this implemented.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Okay might be the only content for this week then :P see you all next week for any new content!!!

Reactions: DAP

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This would be a great change, but they would need 100 more batting animations to get this implemented.
Actually they need to not allow the ball to connect if the batsman cannot reach it in reality to the shot he plays.. What bugs me is there will be so many moments where the ball and batsman reacting to the ball would do it as it should be holding position getting beaten by the movement, but these are all mostly happening closer to batsman in his bodyline but anything wider or higher game struggles to recognise whether they can connect or not.. So its the combination of shot allocation and the reach of the batsman that needs to be considered not the timing which always takes the priority unfortunately..

I mean if it was not at all present that would be a different case but its there though not fully for all the shots.. Small things big change..

Another side of this is that when the shot cannot be connected by the game , the game decides to play a random shot to show "you cannot connect that" like you play defensive shot to ball on 5th stump.. Technically cant reach it but the game play defensive shot on leg side rather than offside which would make the delivery feel more genuine.. I mean the gameplay consists of all these moments, so they should be worked on for sure..

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Actually they need to not allow the ball to connect if the batsman cannot reach it in reality to the shot he plays.. What bugs me is there will be so many moments where the ball and batsman reacting to the ball would do it as it should be holding position getting beaten by the movement, but these are all mostly happening closer to batsman in his bodyline but anything wider or higher game struggles to recognise whether they can connect or not.. So its the combination of shot allocation and the reach of the batsman that needs to be considered not the timing which always takes the priority unfortunately..

I mean if it was not at all present that would be a different case but its there though not fully for all the shots.. Small things big change..

Another side of this is that when the shot cannot be connected by the game , the game decides to play a random shot to show "you cannot connect that" like you play defensive shot to ball on 5th stump.. Technically cant reach it but the game play defensive shot on leg side rather than offside which would make the delivery feel more genuine.. I mean the gameplay consists of all these moments, so they should be worked on for sure..
In short, it'd be much better if the batsman plays & misses the shot I inputted rather than playing a different shot just cause I've timed it well & the vice versa is the annoying part for me where he slides away just cause I've timed it 'ok'

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
In short, it'd be much better if the batsman plays & misses the shot I inputted rather than playing a different shot just cause I've timed it well & the vice versa is the annoying part for me where he slides away just cause I've timed it 'ok'
What difficulty you guys playing on, sounds like the auto shot selection kicking in which would mean lower difficulty setting, or is this happening on Hard and Hardest as well?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Any guesses regarding the info of today? I bet it will be about animations or a some career mode info.

Users who are viewing this thread