Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Looks like it might be only licensed or locked skilled players online. Otherwise it's going to be hard to implement the feature.
Dynamic player form update as well? Similar to fifa and pes.
Post automatically merged:

Just hoping this time we could download kits separately will be a good addition.

Ultimate team great addition but in this format you meet with random online players with movement restricted if some one keeps 9 on off and keep bowling wide off will spoil the fun hope big ant team will take care of this.
Waiting for your legendary moan sir, 2weeks to go.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
This along with weather and bowling conditions changing depending on where you are in the world is THE biggest change needed for me. I'd even accept a game that is exactly the same as C19 if it had differing weather and pitch conditions around the world and ball/pitch deterioration affecting the match. That is literally all I would hope for.

Unfortunately from the videos and snippets we're getting it seems that BA are going down the FIFA route, as in make the game more aesthetically pleasing. Along with the idea that more modes and licenses equals a better game, when for me it's about nailing down the nuances and essentials that a typical game of cricket brings. Making it as realistic a cricket simulation as possible. Unfortunately for us more purists I don't think that's where the money lies for them.

I really hope I am wrong and we have both a realistic depiction of cricket AND a more polished product but I fear it was one or the other for BA
Couldn’t agree more. I think unfortunately there are more people and more people who just seem to care about getting an ultamate team, more licensed players/teams and creation tools etc, that Big Ant have no choice really but cater to those people more and more. That’s where the money is heading unfortunately with the causal gamer playing a key role in that by the sounds of it. I just hope us purists like us who love the idea of a cricket sim don’t get left behind. That was the main reason I loved Don Bradman 14, it was a pure cricket sim. Hopefully cricket 22 can still be a good representation of a good cricket sim “hopefully”

D

Deleted member 185125

Dynamic player form update as well? Similar to fifa and pes.
It seems to be based on matches won.
Article states “It's making sure that people go in and have a reward for playing those games because most the stuff we've done before has been just kind of almost grind leaderboards.
“This is going to be benefitting people that actually win the matches.
"So, as you improve, so will your team. You will need those top players in your side the higher up the leagues you go."

sashu_91

County Cricketer
It seems to be based on matches won.
Article states “It's making sure that people go in and have a reward for playing those games because most the stuff we've done before has been just kind of almost grind leaderboards.
“This is going to be benefitting people that actually win the matches.
"So, as you improve, so will your team. You will need those top players in your side the higher up the leagues you go."
Also this time online I think we can compete with people of similar level bais where you are at your online ranking, similar to fifa divisions, so kids have to grow up to play with legendary uncles

D

Deleted member 185125

Also this time online I think we can compete with people of similar level bais where you are at your online ranking, similar to fifa divisions, so kids have to grow up to play with legendary uncles
They need to add crossplay, otherwise it will be difficult to find players online.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
It had some update yesterday as well.

Would be nice, right?
Well that's been a thing I have been asking for since the title reveal. Slog sweep is one of the best shot and the one we have has limitations. I don't think that would travel over the rope anyway. It's more of a copy from C19 but we have not seen any new shot animations other than what we have in nets.

Steam depot just got updated an hour ago probably creation tool in next few days , Probably on Wednesday or Thursday I reckon.
Thats nice. If creation tool is out, we might have some answers :)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just hoping this time we could download kits separately will be a good addition.

Ultimate team great addition but in this format you meet with random online players with movement restricted if some one keeps 9 on off and keep bowling wide off will spoil the fun hope big ant team will take care of this.
Don't ask for locks, nobody is interested in locking the features, We are seeking sliders with flexibility.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Don't ask for locks, nobody is interested in locking the features, We are seeking sliders with flexibility.
Ultimate team online without locks not justified then what's the point of limited points while selecting your team.
Please coment after reading the content clearly on what point the statement is made for the new feature added.
Online ultimate team with lock licensed
Online custom team non licensed.
Surely big ant must have planned something which suits the likes for both.
It's not anything related to offline I mentioned so just chill mate.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Ultimate team online without locks not justified then what's the point of limited points while selecting your team.
Please coment after reading the content clearly on what point the statement is made for the new feature added.
Online ultimate team with lock licensed
Online custom team non licensed.
Surely big ant must have planned something which suits the likes for both.
It's not anything related to offline I mentioned so just chill mate.
At present cricket 19, batter is locked from sideways movement. But not locked to move up to middle of the pitch even for offline. Ashes cricket and Don Bradman cricket 17 , this issue wasn't there.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
In Net game ranking system is not showing in steam

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Couldn’t agree more. I think unfortunately there are more people and more people who just seem to care about getting an ultamate team, more licensed players/teams and creation tools etc, that Big Ant have no choice really but cater to those people more and more. That’s where the money is heading unfortunately with the causal gamer playing a key role in that by the sounds of it. I just hope us purists like us who love the idea of a cricket sim don’t get left behind. That was the main reason I loved Don Bradman 14, it was a pure cricket sim. Hopefully cricket 22 can still be a good representation of a good cricket sim “hopefully”
Come join the movement. You're not the only one: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...rs-asking-the-question-for-cricket-22.117784/

It may be that once C22 goes live, the pitch stuff is top notch.

If not though, we can all work together to find a solution.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
general-view-during-the-womens-big-bash-league-match-between-the-picture-id1353025788

Would be cool to get sunsets like this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread