Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Looks like I've saved £40/50 then. Very disappointed.

I'd save your money mate. If only to send the message that they can't just reskin a few things and charge £40 for a title. Jury is still out of course, but the more I play the more like C19 it feels.

I’m just struggling to see
I'd save your money mate. If only to send the message that they can't just reskin a few things and charge £40 for a title. Jury is still out of course, but the more I play the more like C19 it feels.

And I’m going to take a wild guess and assume the AI won’t adjust their approach depending on match situation .

I’m just struggling to see

And I’m going to take a wild guess and assume the AI won’t adjust their approach depending on match situation .
I'm also willing to take a punt that by the time I get to day 5 of this match, the pitch will look no different, and the gameplay will be no different either.

I pre ordered via the online store , it downloaded ready to go and received this message. Uninstalled tried again same message.
I am Victoria based and the Xbox settings are set to Sydney time zone.

Has this issue ever happened to anyone before?

What a cluster f**k after the delayed launch.

Attachments

• 697FC8DC-3F48-4078-AFCA-55445C42EA63.jpeg
    697FC8DC-3F48-4078-AFCA-55445C42EA63.jpeg
    998.3 KB · Views: 53
Quick initial view is that almost nothing that was an issue in 19 has been addressed.

Visually it looks better due to better hardware but that’s undone by the poor player physique.

Some things (like seamers can’t pull out of delivery) have regressed. The run out slow mo triggers fairly randomly. The commentary is probably the worst I’ve seen - you just get annoyed by 5 voices instead of 3. I can’t see any foot marks and I’d have seen some at this stage in c19.

I played Ashes Cricket and C19 on day one and both were way better at release in terms of taking things forward. (Ashes was great at release but regressed by poor patches, C19 was fantastic.)

I'm also willing to take a punt that by the time I get to day 5 of this match, the pitch will look no different, and the gameplay will be no different either.

Hopefully it won’t rain on a sunny day!?
Post automatically merged:

I could handle same gameplay but better looking (just)

but even the physiques are a downgrade.

so apart from animations.. why swap from 19!

19 gameplay was very solid. This will be similar.

My irritation with it. As even during testing of 19 so many things were identified.. some big some small but haven’t been looked at or changed.

like the ridiculous shots. Or lack of ability to get catches in tests in the ring. Just key things you need in a cricket game

If you took 19 and just tweaked little things we would have a beast on our hands.

it’s all that we needed.

instead we have a reticle back but a cricket game with no close fielder catches…
If BA had beta testing then might be lesser issues at day1, i 100% agree if they fix few things of c19 or add on stuff in that then seriously we might have best cricket game ever but now they again started from scratch and it will take time to c22 to be mature product (lets hope so)

It's annoying that they used my voice in the game but not the fact that I've worked in cricket nearly all my life and have been gaming since Brian Lara Cricket 96 on the Mega Drive. It could be MLB show standard with a few tweaks.. if they'd bothered to actually move things forward.

hey guys, is there an option to get best updated teams for unlicensed teams?

However, regardless of the disappointment.

Times have been tough. We have no idea how it has affected development. Many games released have been in a poor state.

Even having no beta was different and strange. So there must of been constraints.

The guys at BA from what I have seen have always been passionate so there’s still hope for adjustments post release.

My first cricket "sim" was on the Amstrad back in 1980-something, which was on a 2 tone green monochrome monitor, where graphics consisted of pong-like stick figures.

I played that thing for hundreds if not thousands of hours. Loved every minute of it, and graphics mattered very little back then.

As per the screen capture I posted earlier, I am blown away by the graphics in Cricket 22, player models be damned, I've seen worse as previously stated.

I played the first session of a test before having to go to work this morning, no crashes (Steam), no glaring issues that made me want to rage-throw the controller, there are a couple of great new shots, especially the square drive.

We're on day one of release, no doubt there are patches and hotfixes etc. to come, I'm confident this will become a great title, surpassing Cricket 19.

Glass half full people! :cheers:D

Played one match in career mode

Positives

1. Batting shots
2. Fielder reactions comparing c19
3. Bowling animations

Big negatives
1. Player models
2. Game speed
3. Recurring bugs from c19

It's annoying that they used my voice in the game but not the fact that I've worked in cricket nearly all my life and have been gaming since Brian Lara Cricket 96 on the Mega Drive. It could be MLB show standard with a few tweaks.. if they'd bothered to actually move things forward.
Is this another joke that's gone over my head? :p

I still can't wait to try it out despite some of the views of reputable members, I hope overall its a game I can enjoy.

Just for a side note, with cricket games I've always had to do weird stuff to make the games competitive even with the best patches.

In 05/07 I had to adjust shot power and bounce after being hit to insane level and reduce outfield speed so AI & Human could get the ball through the gaps and score all around the field

DBC14/AC17 - I would set fields with large gaps sometimes if scoring was slow or always keep a slip or two in just so AI score.

What if this annoying upper cut shot off the spinners has been played in some obscure cricket league that not none of is are aware of? :lol

Users who are viewing this thread