Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

I hope all the criticism they're getting pushes them to make sweeping changes, i'm looking forward to playing the game (so long as my pre-order isn't cancelled like I've had this week with Soulstorm, perks of key resellers) and i'm sure i'll get days worth of entertainment from it. But things need to be improved.

I'll get it, but I really can't say I'm excited this time around after seeing the comments here. I've read that other annual games that released versions during, or soon after, lockdowns, were also big disappointments. I know BA's cricket is not an annual release, but their lockdown lasted a long, long time. It's understandable that they couldn't make as many improvements as in normal times. I'll reserve judgement till I play the game.

On the positive side, the game is reasonably priced here in the USA at $44.99 on Steam.

The commentary is soooo egregious and a massive step back from even the last iteration.

Atherton sounds like a ****en zombie; there is no nuance between test and ODI/T20 commentary and it is limited overs biased so sounds ****en stupid in test matches. OH NO 3 DOT BALLS!!!! Calm the fearsome tweak down mate, I am 20-0 after 6 overs. This is good batting. Peeps chime in at different times with no rhyme nor reason. C19s commentary wasn't great but it sounds like TMS compared to this stilted nonsense. I never really got annoyed by C19 but this stuff has got me annoyed after 90 minutes. Contextless dreck led by a guy who clearly couldn't be tweaked.

Addendum. The commentary is clearly LO focussed. Just played a nicely timed shot to mid-on in a test match calmly and I'm being told 'COULDN'T pierce the in-field.'. Wasn't trying to bruv. Calm doon.

I genuinely think Cricket 19’s gameplay is currently better.

I’m getting regular run outs.. overthrows where no one reacts. The AI constantly playing the upper cut shot thing. And no 6’s in a T20
Post automatically merged:

The commentary is soooo egregious and a massive step back from even the last iteration.

Atherton sounds like a ****en zombie; there is no nuance between test and ODI/T20 commentary and it is limited overs biased so sounds ****en stupid in test matches. OH NO 3 DOT BALLS!!!! Calm the fearsome tweak down mate, I am 20-0 after 6 overs. This is good batting. Peeps chime in at different times with no rhyme nor reason. C19s commentary wasn't great but it sounds like TMS compared to this stilted nonsense. I never really got annoyed by C19 but this stuff has got me annoyed after 90 minutes. Contextless dreck led by a guy who clearly couldn't be tweaked.

He keep saying the fielder won’t cut this off and four runs as my dude calmly scoops it up after a slow long barrier!

looks like we may be getting another patch
Thank you cam you tell us where to find the cricket 22 1 03 patch notes

I am watching gameplay livestream from sherry the gamer, looks like all the AI fielding bugs are carried over from C19. Common did BA never noticed those bugs???

There is another patch coming today , hopefully it fixes some issues

Users who are viewing this thread