Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Okay, just returned to ma England - NZ test match that I am batting in and played out two overs with Root and Pope against Santner and Boult. I could play off-side defensive shots with no problems against Santner with Root but had the exact issue that @blockerdave has mentioned when I tried to be defensive with Pope outside off vs Boult with him playing the wrong line despite my inputs *except* for a short ball outside off where I played a good back-foot defensive... so...

Some Big Bash League Gameplay. No there isn't any bat flip.

Okay, just returned to ma England - NZ test match that I am batting in and played out two overs with Root and Pope against Santner and Boult. I could play off-side defensive shots with no problems against Santner with Root but had the exact issue that @blockerdave has mentioned when I tried to be defensive with Pope outside off vs Boult with him playing the wrong line despite my inputs *except* for a short ball outside off where I played a good back-foot defensive... so...
yeah you can play backfoot defensive on off, just not front foot

why wouldn't you use the ps5 controller speaker etc. to deliver some in game sounds... would make it so more immersive.
I agree. The microphone on the ps5 controller could have been used for nicks and also on field chatter between players and wicket keepers. Could have made it feel far more immersive. Also I don't seem to have any issue playing forward defensive shot like u did against pacers.

Just played the game for a bit. I can't criticize it much because I can't seem to bat at all lol. Got all out for 27 in an ashes test in legend difficulty. Can't seem to time anything. My intuition tells me to play at a certain moment but it always says very early or early. Only seem to get good timing only after the ball bounces on the pitch which to me seems very late but seems to get the okay to good timing.

Question :
1. Is timing difficult for you lot also? Is my assumption correct that I have to play late specially after the ball bounces?
2.i m based in USA and playing on ps5 but not too excited about the graphics specially grass, player models and faces. Don't think it's the tv as it's an oled and well calibrated. Anyone know what patch version this game supposed to have on ps5? I saw the version to be. 1.00.0003 or something. Ps5 unfortunately not giving me any update history for the game.

Issues I have noticed
1.too many bye over the keeper and slip fielders in hard pitch. Some of them seem very close for them not to catch. It almost seems code decides it will be a bye and the fielders make no attempts to stop it or just run alongside it.
2. After a misfield, dropped catch or a flip back from boundary the fielder freezes for quite a few seconds.

These have been my biggest grirvences so far.

Last edited:
As someone who plays mostly career as a spin bowler it's pretty gutting that BA haven't addressed the AI playing everything off the back foot. It kills any realism for me.

I have a few questions before I buy this game. Anyone who is playing, please see if you can answer these:

1) Does the keeper still pretend to catch the ball even if the batsman has played it? More importantly, does the keeper dive and fall down for short balls that the batsman has played somewhere else?

2) Do the fielders still circle around the ball, let is pass them and THEN start to run after it? Do the fielders at the boundary try to stop the ball but still accidentally touch the boundary rope?

3) Do we have any direct control over hitting the stumps vs throwing the ball at the keeper? Instead of just 'quick throwing' which is useless vs hard throwing which takes so much time the batsmen are home anyway?

4) Does the AI have any sort of match awareness now? In 19 they'd be 58/7 in a test match but the batsmen would still try to drive every ball for four, succeeding a couple of times but edging the next and getting out cheaply instead of rebuilding their innings.

5) Does the ball still go through the bat sometimes and hit the wickets/legs?

6) Do we now have any control over playing a leg glance vs pull/hook or does the batsman still make that decision on its own?

7) For D/N games, after the light turns on, do the highlights package have proper replays of daytime play? Or does the entire highlight package is still shown in floodlights, even though that part of the game was played in daylight.

I agree. The microphone on the ps5 controller could have been used for nicks and also on field chatter between players and wicket keepers. Could have made it feel far more immersive. Also I don't seem to have any issue playing forward defensive shot like u did against pacers.

Just played the game for a bit. I can't criticize it much because I can't seem to bat at all lol. Got all out for 27 in an ashes test in legend difficulty. Can't seem to time anything. My intuition tells me to play at a certain moment but it always says very early or early. Only seem to get good timing only after the ball bounces on the pitch which to me seems very late but seems to get the okay to good timing.

Question :
1. Is timing difficult for you lot also? Is my assumption correct that I have to play late specially after the ball bounces?
2.i m based in USA and playing on ps5 but not too excited about the graphics specially grass, player models and faces. Don't think it's the tv as it's an oled and well calibrated. Anyone know what patch version this game supposed to have on ps5? I saw the version to be. 1.00.0003 or something. Ps5 unfortunately not giving me any update history for the game.

Issues I have noticed
1.too many bye over the keeper and slip fielders in hard pitch. Some of them seem very close for them not to catch. It almost seems code decides it will be a bye and the fielders make no attempts to stop it or just run alongside it.
2. After a midfield, dropped catch or a flip back from boundary the fielder freezes for quite a few seconds.

These have been my biggest grirvences so far.
I have 1.(lots of zeros) 4 on s5.

yeah it seems you can play quite late, which I like I just need to get used to it!

Users who are viewing this thread