Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i think we need to buy xbox series x for cricket 22 as no complaint so far on it :)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys I am playing on grassy/hard pitch and have set the pitch bounce all the way down to 10. Still a good length delivery bounces almost chest high when it reaches the bat. Made settings and relaunched the game But still the same

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I’ll post some vids in a bit but I’ve hit 4s through point, cover point, cover and extra cover. Not getting much joy in the V
Post automatically merged:

I don’t think it does look good though. I bet @wasteyouryouth could play face a better Anderson
I've had to have a crack at Jof.

jof.png

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cricket_19 Had beautiful models / likeness . really loved the game engine from c19 , BA could have moved with C19 game engine to advance level so that we could get C22 in a more polished one , but they Did went through DBC17 models as a base for c22 thats disheartening :(

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone got any sliders?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Loved the cricket 19 one. This looks different to that one. I think it's the eyes
I'd like to make a few changes (chin, lower lip) but I think it looks more realistic than the Cricket 19 one.

The player creator is easily the best they've done yet and hopefully they'll be some more additions.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have only played career mode so far and although I think they've added some nice touches to this, it feels a little unfinished. For instance, if I ask the coach to recommend training...he has only ever sent me to the nets...even as a bowling all-rounder, I've only been sent for batting practice in the nets. Maybe after a few more hours and games this will change...but has anyone seen the coach do anything else yet? The design concept of career mode is also flawed. Why would Atherton and Gower be commentating on a club match in the North of England? How is club cricket providing ball tracking and replays? Theses elements should be added as your career progresses and be appropriate to the context of the game. And whilst I'm OK with seeing the Big Ant staff umpiring at club level...if they still turn up at County level and beyond (and all over the world)...I will be very disappointed.

In game play has the same issues that previous iterations have had, which is disappointing. I suspect 99% of the code is unchanged. So we still have the bowler being paralysed after delivering the ball, allowing the batter to take a leisurely single as the ball rolls past you. When you are batting, however, the bowler is diving to stop the ball. Fielders and wicket keeper are still happy to let the ball bounce in front of them rather than taking a catch...and, as a spinner, I know there is no chance of a stumping because the batter never leaves the crease and the wicket keeper is far too slow to react anyway. Also why is red ball cricket played at night? Where have the scoreboards gone that told you information like time of day, RRR etc.?

Graphics seem to have errors that were previously in the game engine. For instance, the sun renders in front of clouds (I've seen it render infront of stands in previous iterations, like it has tickets for a seat in the top tier stand...but haven't progressed career mode yet to see if this is still the case) and it also doesn't look like the sun with its weird starburst effect:
66uqSOA.png

Also the lighting always seems too bright. The player models are also very strange. The physique is odd to start with and the defaults seem to have strange, flat elongated heads that are seem like they should be turning out for Easter Island.

QUyzbET.png

I will continue with the game and hope that BA can patch some things but fear that, again, there will be so many design and implementation flaws that it won't hold my attention for long. I hope I'm wrong on this.

He is playing on which console, seriously very luck guy.
Ideal for showing on stores to attract public from graphics point of view where as reality is opposite and game plays like continuously flickering etc
It's working fine on PS5. But bugs ruining the game

Harigoks

County Cricketer
So @Harigoks @cricket_online as you can see I’m able to hit drives and 4s through the off side from point to extra cover off pacers.

Also, if you had “Ned Larkins” in the sweepstake for with whom I’d hit my first C22 50 - congrats. Help yourself to a cigar or coconut, as the choice strikes you.
Seems like I cannot play anything at all on off side, lol. Must think it's something to do with batting style 6 or IDK. I'll keep trying though.

gleebo41

School Cricketer
Unfortunately it’s seems a lot of the fielding issues have carried over from cricket 19 to Cricket 22 I made a 5 min video going over these issues ( not including wicketkeepers issues just the fielders. I will do a seperate video on keeper issues )
here is the link if you guys what to have a look

HRH H

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone elses Academy crashing the game when attempting to search for stuff? On the PS5 atm
Exactly the same issue. Very frustrating
Post automatically merged:

Has anyone else encountered the match simply not starting sometimes, just sitting on this loading screen for ages?

Only way out of is to CTL ALT DEL and kill the game process?

Just yet another bug...sigh.

View attachment 258870
Experiencing the same on PS5. Have to go go to title screen and relaunch

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Seems like I cannot play anything at all on off side, lol. Must think it's something to do with batting style 6 or IDK. I'll keep trying though.
I own PS4 pro. I tried batting style 6 in career mode I couldn't play on offside at all also timing was not good and felt very springy and not controlled. I feel that style is for tailenders? I deleted my career and started a new one with other batting style.

Users who are viewing this thread