Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

One of the options could be for Big Ant to add an option for "AI to prioritize human fields". Thus if AI finds a human field which meets the requirements (e.g., PP), it will pick human fields first and only if none of the human fields meet the constraints (e.g., no human field available for PP) the AI should pick the Ai fields.

It will allow us to create 15-20 basic fields and get a much better gaming experience.
Very good idea if it can be implemented

Ok - so I've played a bit on the latest patch and I have to say the game has improved immeasurably since my rant on Tuesday (it was such a low bar to begin with).

However, I'm finding batting is a bit of a chore. It's hard to time shots, I can't hit the ball where I select on my controller (off side drives), and the power on some of the shots feels like I'm batting with a paper bat.

One thing I've realised is C19 was actually the anomaly of recent cricket games, as in it was crisp. In terms of frame rates it was smooth (even under lights), I could hit it where I wanted it to go, and the graphics were fine. I worry that we'll never get to that with C22 as the problems with the base game are too big to begin with. We know BA can't keep patching every couple of days and I'm a bit concerned for their staffs wellbeing with all the crunching going on. I hope I'm proved wrong!

[Steam- Latest Patch]

I just played an ODI innings (as Australia vs England), the innings was reduced to 41 overs (don't know if there was any rain or not but the match was reduced :/)- and wow!
I feel there's some significant improvement made in the AI fielding department. I managed to hit 269 and was all out in 39 overs, the AI fielding took 9 catches, and didn't drop a single one :) They just looked real sharp, the fielders- also, they weren't getting direct hits all the time but occasionally- which felt realistic. Ground fielding in the ring, on the boundary, just amazing! The 1 wicket that I didn't lose to any catch was actually a run out! And that looked super realistic as well- I felt like I had time and could get a couple, but the fielder at mid wicket chased the ball, turned back and hit the stumps with his throw- was super sharp!
There was one incident though... I played an aerial shot towards third man and the ball must have passed like a feet/ a metre away from the fielder, but he just stood there for like a second and let the ball go.
But barring that incident, I was mighty impressed by the fielding! Good going BA! :)

Batting felt good, but that there's still the issue with the cover-point region, while facing any pacer. And yeah, sometimes when I try to play between straight off and long on, it just feels like the shot got no power (talking abt simple standard shots, not aggressive/special). Played loads of lofted shots at the end, and a lot of shots between cover and point felt like they just didn't have elevation. Forward defensive seemed fine.
But batting was still fun. Of course all the other shots work well, off side mid off works fine, anything through square and behind square works well, leg side is brilliant for stroke play- and the sweeps :yes:yes reverse, conventional, fine, the paddle sweep.

I gotta say though, just because of the fielding improvements, it was a terrific experience.

Played a bit more of my trial Test and a couple of batting animations caught my eye. Another thing that hugely impressed me and is quite bizarre that it’s seemingly been fixed so easily (Famous last words) having been present in past games, was a really good and real looking catch by a fielder running backwards in the outfield.

If random bowling of no balls (By user/Don’t believe it’s just me!) and spinner bowling around the wicket leg side wides 4/6 deliveries per over were fixed then I’d be extremely happy with this game… then would really nit pick about further enhancements!

Version - 1.04 PS4
Updated today
I don't know if this is bug im playing on hard batting difficulty.. (all setting on hard and legend)
Now it feels like easy to me hit 320 in t20. And scored 100 in 40 balls ashes carrer.
When i was on 1.02 it was hard to score 150 in t20 on hard batting difficulty.
Playing on hardest now not much difference
1.02 was better
Now shot sounds like hitting rubber/tenis ball
game feels like garbage now jst like cricket19

Last edited:
What’s up with the running camera in the bottom right being flipped, with the keepers end at the bottom. Any one know if I can change it???

Edit: actually some times it is flipped and sometimes it isn’t, which makes it even more annoying!!
My impression is that the running camera is set in some broadcast settings for the batsman from behind views and some for broadcast views. I play in broadcast view and had to find the right one to use. From memory it was broadcast 3, but I could be wrong. Have a check through for the right one for your view.

So I'm in a middle of a bug where an infielder fielded the ball and is now just standing around with the ball in hand and game just stuck there....it hasn't crashed or frozen, players are still moving but it's "frozen" :)

That BA still can’t animate a dive?
That's the thing though, they can, just at really stupid moments. After a ball being bowled, the keeper throws it to slip and slip dives forward lol. Or my bowler dives forward off a block, so they are there, just not the right time.

Users who are viewing this thread