Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Can anyone confirm on Steam with the latest patch, have they fixed the issue of inability to play defensive shots on offside?

It becomes impossible to save yourself from getting bowled / LBW against incoming deliveries and causes frustration...

The smoothness and precision of footwork direction (LS) and Shot direction (RS) is quite good and realistic in Cricket 19 and responds quite accurately to how LS and RS are moved...

After Patch 1.07 on PS4. The major bugs I have been facing

1. Ball suddenly disappears from the bowler's hand and play continues
2. When batsmen advancing down the tracks they suddenly stop on footwork and thus clean bowled
3. When batsmen advancing down the pitch, 90% of the times the sound of batting hitting the ball has disappeared.
4 On direct hits, fielding side has stopped appealing.
5. When you are bowling, not a single lbw appeal happens even in plumb cases.
This all continuing after 1.08 update on PS4...

Playface storage full error after the latest steam update.

Guess what not even downloaded a Single thing from academy yet but still giving the error.

fielders are running very slow after the latest update on ps4. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?
Yes I have noticed it. See if holding sprint button works for fielders as well... im going to try it now.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone know what the "STANDALONE ACADEMY" is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211210-172409_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211210-172409_Twitter.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 49
Yes I have noticed it. See if holding sprint button works for fielders as well... im going to try it now.
I am having the automatic fielding turned on. Same problem with the AI fielders too. When the AI is batting they are going for the third run because the fielders are slow and getting run out. I think I am done with this game.

I am having the automatic fielding turned on. Same problem with the AI fielders two. When the AI is batting they are going for the third run because the fielders are slow and getting run out. I think I am done with this game.
Ooh no!!! For every bug they fix a new one appears... hopefully it get fixed with the new one. As well as the West Indies white hats in test matches and the grass through the coin toss

On point #2, I don't see this as an issue. In any competitive game, you can't decide what line up your opponent picks. I'm pretty sure in Play Now you can edit both teams, but if you're going for a competition specific mode like Ashes then no, you play the line up your opponent decides.

I am pretty sure you can jump into the team manager and change the default test line up if it's an issue tho, that's one way around it. That way once you start an Ashes test, your opponent will use the default test line up, which you've set up.

I did this to fiddle with the Australian line up to resemble the one from the first test. I want to say by default it has Josh Inglis in it so I took him out.
This would work if there was a smart AI to vary its own team. But it’s just picking a default lineup. You may want to add a spinner on a dusty wicket or replicate a particular real-life line up. You could always do this before.

Post automatically merged:

Does anyone know what the "STANDALONE ACADEMY" is?
It’s a steam version of the academy only. Allows eg a console user to import play face or logo svg without buying the game on PC too

This would work if there was a smart AI to vary its own team. But it’s just picking a default lineup. You may want to add a spinner on a dusty wicket or replicate a particular real-life line up. You could always do this before.
I did think about adding this to my original message, something along the lines of "this approach makes sense if the AI doesn't just select the same team every time.", but didn't.

Mainly because I 99% knew that it'd always pick the same team, cos, yeah, of course it would. But I hadn't seen it to check.

Still, should have trusted my 99% instinct lol

Ooh no!!! For every bug they fix a new one appears... hopefully it get fixed with the new one. As well as the West Indies white hats in test matches and the grass through the coin toss
Please report it to get it fixed. I reported it, more numbers it get reported, faster the fix I guess

Only have the Steam version, latest patch has very slow moving fielders who let the ball trickle to the boundary. That bug wasn't there in previous patches so that's new.

Also have had to save and exit at least 3 times in this Test I'm playing due to the invisible ball bug.

Users who are viewing this thread