Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

same here. barely any overthrows issues if at all (PS5 1.000.009). also figured out some work around for academy downloads also so that they don't crash. big issue for me currently on academy is the custom kits don't show up correctly (they look layered with random colors) and search function is still broken unless you are searching for specific player/teams with usernames.

fielding still needs improvements. these are the things that bothers me the most:

1. sliding on boundary ropes
2. still some missed catches that should be super simple
3. fielders inside the ring do dive to stop balls but so far i haven't seen a dive where they actually miss stopping the ball lol.
4. fielders running alongside the ball or let the ball pass through 2 ft away from them.
Can you please let us know the work around for academy? for any team I'm getting game crash. I want to download teams from wasteyouryouth

One question - I noticed unlike C19, we don't have hotspot (thermal) available in C22. Is it just me or that's the case for all?

The new update has meant I'm getting terrible frame rate after a fall of a wicket. Only way to fix it is to restart my PlayStation. This is on ps4 1.09 - anyone else got this problem? It's very frustrating
Yes you are right. I also felt the same. Also has anyone else noticed that the slider effects on pitch marker display duration is also gone. It was fixed in the last patch but now it is ruined again. Can anyone confirm it so that I can raise a ticket? I wonder how BA manages to break things which were already fixed by themselves.
Post automatically merged:

One question - I noticed unlike C19, we don't have hotspot (thermal) available in C22. Is it just me or that's the case for all?
No we don't have it ATM. But Ross said they are bringing it back

I know this will end up the best cricket game of the lot graphically and gameplay wise but man it is frustrating waiting for any sign of a patch on the Xbox. I can not recall any game other than Cyberpunk and WWE2k20 that arrived in as bad a condition as this game was released.

Well I've been hyper critical of this game, but credit where credit is due, I've completed 2 full FC games over the last week, and both have been challenging and fun.

Beat the Springboks as the England Rebels from 81/82, thanks to 50's in each inns from Ned Larkins and a sublime hundred from Bob Woolmer. No sign of 4th inns chase anything here @WealeyH @Langeveldt @Ken Tremendous

(This was a custom 4 day FC match, 100 overs a day).

View attachment 259383

Then just completed a hard fought draw against the West Indies Rebels in a custom 3 day FC match (102 overs a day, each side limited to 90 overs first inns, new ball after 70 overs).

Larkins keeping up his good form with an aggressive first inns century.
View attachment 259384

Underwood's second inns 4 came in a rush, on the final day as Windies pushed on, so maybe not an case of spin being overpowered although all 4 were bat-pads, Ned Larkins showing cat-like reflexes at short leg.

A couple of other things to point out - so I played every ball of the match, and started with a day 2 pitch. This is how the pitch looked late on day 3 (so a day 4 state). Pretty nice I think. This started as grassy/dry.
View attachment 259385
View attachment 259386

Also not sure how it happened, but I observed something really interesting which I simply have NEVER seen before in any cricket game, BA or otherwise. Namely genuine variation in AI opponents.

Have a look at these pitch maps from the West Indies Seamers:
View attachment 259387
View attachment 259388

Not a huge difference between Clarke and Moseley, though Moseley probably bowled fuller in general, but have a look at Stephenson...

View attachment 259389

In both inns he bowled almost exclusively wide on the crease, well wide of off stump but here's the thing - they were mostly big booming in-swingers and off cutters, difficult to play and hard to judge which to leave and which not. He got me bowled a few times where I left ones that cut in more and didn't bounce as much. I don't know it was a total glitch, or something to do with his stats/perks and trying to exploit the grassy pitch, but it was genuinely brilliant to know when he came on I was going to face something markedly different to the other bowlers, and still challenging.

I still hate that bloody crowd noise though.

56/3 the last 30 overs! (Sad to say it was great fun! :lol)
Why are the creases untouched? Why are there no run in marks. DBC 14 had this!!

Yes you are right. I also felt the same. Also has anyone else noticed that the slider effects on pitch marker display duration is also gone. It was fixed in the last patch but now it is ruined again. Can anyone confirm it so that I can raise a ticket? I wonder how BA manages to break things which were already fixed by themselves.

No we don't have it ATM. But Ross said they are bringing it back
You are correct, the pitch marker is messed up again and I don't know if it was ever fixed but it's defo the same as it was on release even on 100....PC player here

You are correct, the pitch marker is messed up again and I don't know if it was ever fixed but it's defo the same as it was on release even on 100....PC player here
It was definitely working until yesterday's patch. But I should say that it was not even close to the Cricket 19 or Ashes 17. They were very user friendly. I raised a ticket and I beg you to do the same. I am not playing until they fix it as it is ruining the whole experience. Basically they didn't fix anything with yesterday's patch. They just broke what they already fixed.

I know this will end up the best cricket game of the lot graphically and gameplay wise but man it is frustrating waiting for any sign of a patch on the Xbox. I can not recall any game other than Cyberpunk and WWE2k20 that arrived in as bad a condition as this game was released.
Cyberpunk, wwe2k20 and the latest PES game. This cricshit game ranks with them.

Can you please let us know the work around for academy? for any team I'm getting game crash. I want to download teams from wasteyouryouth
For me if I search for a team by wasteryouryouth and specify the team name I can download them. So just search individually. But also having the uniform issues. Also find bats are missing logos that they come with, they download but don't show up on the bat.

For me if I search for a team by wasteryouryouth and specify the team name I can download them. So just search individually. But also having the uniform issues. Also find bats are missing logos that they come with, they download but don't show up on the bat.
Try without quick download(for the bats)

Was playing an online test match yesterday, noticed something similar
The new update has meant I'm getting terrible frame rate after a fall of a wicket. Only way to fix it is to restart my PlayStation. This is on ps4 1.09 - anyone else got this problem? It's very frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread