Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Haych14

Club Captain
If anyone is from the UK and has preordered from GAME, Please reply to this. I've preordered like yesterday and got an email stating that the code is coming soon. When do they send the code to us for the net challenge??

hadz2567

Club Captain
If anyone is from the UK and has preordered from GAME, Please reply to this. I've preordered like yesterday and got an email stating that the code is coming soon. When do they send the code to us for the net challenge??
I’m in the same boat as you mate, I’m hoping that they either will send us the code via email or it will be available on the ‘my downloads’ section on the GAME website

Haych14

Club Captain
disc or digital?
Did you get the code straight away? Ive ordered it too I'm from the UK. And they send an email..a the section said code: coming soon ....like do they send the code on a seperate email

Haych14

Club Captain
I’m in the same boat as you mate, I’m hoping that they either will send us the code via email or it will be available on the ‘my downloads’ section on the GAME website
Yeh hopefully when are supposed to be allowed to play the net challenge is it the 12th October??

hadz2567

Club Captain
Yeh hopefully when are supposed to be allowed to play the net challenge is it the 12th October??
Yes mate it is supposed to go live on the 12th however the game isn’t even on the PS Store yet so not sure how that is going to pan out.

Haych14

Club Captain
As soon as it turns the 12th that is
Yeh it was just weird. Like they sent the email and where it said code it said coming soon. Like I was Soo confused. Let's see when it hits 12AM in 2 hours if we get an email with the code hopefully!

Haych14

Club Captain
Yes mate it is supposed to go live on the 12th however the game isn’t even on the PS Store yet so not sure how that is going to pan out.
Exactly but I think it'll be on there as soon as it hits 12AM or we just have to go on redeem codes on the playstation store, put the code in and download it like that? ‍♂️

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How can you tell?

I have been working with Unreal Engine almost everyday for the past 3 years. Although, it was just a guess. Using Unreal Engine future proofs the franchise and brings in a ton of features but you might lose a bit of freedom and end up paying royalties, so it could very well be similar features built into their own engine.

hadz2567

Club Captain
Exactly but I think it'll be on there as soon as it hits 12AM or we just have to go on redeem codes on the playstation store, put the code in and download it like that? ‍♂️
Yes I am thinking the same mate so let’s see, fingers crossed!

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
animation transitions are near impossible in something like this, except for the AI character, because you don't know what the user is going to do. we've been asking for a later input window to avoid pre-meditation, so this is a trade off. if we want fluid transitions, the timing window will have to be earlier.

i'd much rather the later window than the smooth transition.

It is possible to add an animation state for the batsman's trigger around the release of the ball and the user input. The issue that was pointed out has been the distracting stillness of the batter. But looking at the recent videos, it seems as though there is a natural waving of the bat until user input which gives it a smoother look.

That said, adding a bat lift animation state prior to user input is what will blend the animation naturally. Whether this could be done efficiently on a custom BA engine is probably the question.

Users who are viewing this thread