Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Having played out my four test series to a near conclusion I am of the opinion that this game is no fun and the scripting seems more egregious than ever in terms of what an AI can chase in the fourth innings, their ability to leave any ball that will not hit the stumps despite how close in line/length you are, the overpowered legside shots, the shots they can play and you can't, the ridiculous physics of the edges and the inability of a fielder to throw the ball from the deep even if you've pressed the button to throw until the batsman have completed the set number of runs the AI thinks the shot is worth.

Batting is fine if a little dull and boring because of the legside lines etc but the bowling and fielding is absolute dogshit and makes me not want to play the game.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Whilst it will no doubt get lost in the masses of posts in this thread, I wanted to stick my head up and say that version 1 of the slider project between myself and @WealeyH just went live.

If you want to take a gander, it is attached to the intro post HERE.

A bit more specific info about the sheet is available HERE.

Also, great news about an Xbox patch, that is class to hear for all those users!

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Whilst it will no doubt get lost in the masses of posts in this thread, I wanted to stick my head up and say that version 1 of the slider project between myself and @WealeyH just went live.

If you want to take a gander, it is attached to the intro post HERE.

A bit more specific info about the sheet is available HERE.

Also, great news about an Xbox patch, that is class to hear for all those users!
Can u elaborate what sort of great news for xbox as patch isnt released yet ?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Can u elaborate what sort of great news for xbox as patch isnt released yet ?
That you might actually get one, and that it will bring that version in line with other platforms asap rather than lagging behind.

Unless I misread the tweet from Ross that someone posted?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That you might actually get one, and that it will bring that version in line with other platforms asap rather than lagging behind.

Unless I misread the tweet from Ross that someone posted?
I thought he has shared final patch release date which keep changing and delay either due to testing or patch notes discussion or stuck bw xbox us & xbox uk,

imported_beatle

Club Captain
I want to change Tom Latham's batting against spin bowling proficiency to more than one star. Why can I not do this? @blockerdave @WealeyH @wasteyouryouth

Actually I cannot change any of his batting proficiencies...

I cannot change things like Neil Wagner's bowling proficiencies.. Is there something up with the academy?
Is this because he is a licensed player in the game?
Post automatically merged:

I want to change Tom Latham's batting against spin bowling proficiency to more than one star. Why can I not do this? @blockerdave @WealeyH @wasteyouryouth

Actually I cannot change any of his batting proficiencies...

I cannot change things like Neil Wagner's bowling proficiencies.. Is there something up with the academy?
Is this because he is a licensed player in the game?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Having played out my four test series to a near conclusion I am of the opinion that this game is no fun and the scripting seems more egregious than ever in terms of what an AI can chase in the fourth innings, their ability to leave any ball that will not hit the stumps despite how close in line/length you are, the overpowered legside shots, the shots they can play and you can't, the ridiculous physics of the edges and the inability of a fielder to throw the ball from the deep even if you've pressed the button to throw until the batsman have completed the set number of runs the AI thinks the shot is worth.

Batting is fine if a little dull and boring because of the legside lines etc but the bowling and fielding is absolute dogshit and makes me not want to play the game.

The more I play the more the games clear and obvious issues rear their head..

The fact that im on Day 4 of a heavily cracked pitch cant see no cracks nor is the ball doing anything different to Day 1 is enough to drive me mad!

Desktop Screenshot 2021.12.21 - 13.06.30.72.pngDesktop Screenshot 2021.12.21 - 13.06.48.36.png

First picture is Australia to Stokes whos currently 72* alot of that is around the wicket to him as well as over, Its far far too straight and easy to score off especially with no protection.

The second picture is their bowlers to Hameed... much more testing line with a field that protects the offside.

johanna

School Cricketer
Playing on PS4 after the latest patch

The Good
1. Player mentality really do exist. I am playing career mode as an Indian player who got selected for my state. Currently in List A match (Kerala vs Mumbai), we were bowling first. Pritvi Shaw and Y Jaiswal were the opening batsman at their. It was a flat wicket and Shaw was slamming my bowlers all around the park. While our bowlers were able to keep Jaiswal under the hook the other one slammed a 200 in 140 odd balls like in real life. The risks Shaw was taking comparing a Jaiswal was way more.

2. Fielding is massively improved. Fielders are coordinating well between them to save runs and pick up balls before the boundary.

3. Sliders are working really well. I have separate sliders for every format and game type. With my skills and my understand of cricket, I was able to get varied results for matches with the below
View attachment 259786

4. Bowling with after touch : Really adds a lot of difference and variety to bowling. Was able to get some really unplayable balls and get wickets.
5. Smart AI - AI was playing same balls into different regions based on my field placements

The BAD - (must be covered by now by many others)
1. Offside batting - not explaining further
2. AI Field placements

3. Easy runs scored on leg side
4. caught and bowled by fast bowlers and spinners basically not even flinching when ball comes back at them.
5. Random edges
6. No-balls for height even when the ball is not short enough to be called a no-ball

But all in all, game seems to be in a way better shape than it got released. I am really sorry for the Xbox users and hoping all of can enjoy the
game which is more improved atleast by jan 2022”

View attachment 259787 Haha Quote
by Jan 2022.

Happy Christmas in advance.
Sorry for this dumb questions, I play with Pro and Medium difficulty. Everything on the slider is Veteran and Hard.

My question is that are these sliders relative to the difficulty setting or universal? Meaning, if I put on Pro and Medium as base and then adjust the sliders like you have, will I have an easier gameplay relative to yours, which would be suited to my skill level? Or are these sliders universal, meaning if the sliders are copied like yours then my base difficulty wouldn't really matter and I'd be playing exactly at the same difficulty as you do now?

I changed my sliders to yours and I am unable to play a single shot to the boundary, unless we get the magically scripted edges. I assumed that if I put it on Pro and Medium, then adjust the sliders I'll have a relative change in difficulty, but while playing it feels like I am playing on Hard and Veteran, not on Medium and Pro.

Not even sure if I explained my problem properly, but I tried to.

Edit:
Attempt #2 at explaining because I couldn't understand what I have written above.

Is the difficulty exactly the same if I put everything on Easiest and Amateur with 100 on sliders and Hardest and Legend with 100 on sliders, or will they be different because I have Easiest/Amateur against Hardest/Legend. Basically do these difficulties matter if we move the sliders around?

I am getting hammered when I set up the sliders like you've set up. The only difference is that in place of Veteran I selected Pro and in place of Hard I selected Medium.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread