Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

VijayGreat

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Uhmmm bet PS4 version of the game needs a lot of rendering. Lighting and graphics are pretty down. Nothing compared to what people streamed the game via PS5.

But love the way they have improved batting and bowling though.
check tennis world tour 2 ps5 and ps4..you will see similar thing though that game is pathetic.

VijayGreat

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Struggled with the slog sweep, helicopter shot was nice though, sweeps are awesome.
struggling to play reverse sweep and dil scoop ..looks same as Cricket 19..I thought they will improve..hope they fix in final game..Ashes 17 was good for these shots..
Post automatically merged:

Maybe I should get a ps5 then, lol
yes but again wait for final game..you have free upgrade option though..nothing wrong in preordering.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
struggling to play reverse sweep and dil scoop ..looks same as Cricket 19..I thought they will improve..hope they fix in final game..Ashes 17 was good for these shots..
Post automatically merged:

yes but again wait for final game..you have free upgrade option though..nothing wrong in preordering.
I'm not worried about it atm. I'm happy that I have the ordered the game. As you said, I can upgrade when I get my ps5 and that's been a struggle :P

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Thoughts on the nets session on PS4 so far.

Batting:
1. Shots are pretty much same from C19 but looks real and fluid.
2. Sweep shots are too good. Slog sweep is better.
3. Defence looks nice and so are the shots stepping down and trashing over all the regions.
4. Scoop looks noice!!
5. Late cut shots and good but the one with the upper cut on spinners still makes me giggle.

Bowling:
1. Arcade style is fun. But not my favorite
2. Spin looks to be same as of C19
3. Jimmy Anderson snap is missing but a great add for the game now.

Others:

Graphics looks decent on PS4 but I guess they really look into details on the old gen consoles before release. Bowler looks blurry when you with bat far or close angles. Things from a distance looks blurry and kind of makes the scene bad. Shades are okay but keeps floating. Amazing to see that even in nets, they have kicked in the day-evening-night transition.

I really really hope the final game works smooth and much better on old gen consoles as well but not expecting too much as well.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
wow i am surprised that aftertouch has no effect on the length of the delivery. It intuitively seemed to me that the aftertouch would affect both line and especially length and give a much finer control, that'd be really something, especially, as blockerdave also mentioned, the bowling control of pushing the stick away from 90 degrees already gave us that change in the line of attack.

Also, wasn't that the whole point? giving a finer control over the length rather than simple R2/L2? i don't understand this

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
A couple more take aways from the stream @passwordistaco did today.

1. Bowler didn't look thin when the camera angle was set at bowling far. (maybe it's just the camera angles that are making the players look thin)

2. It's weird to see the batsman without the thigh pad. Maybe that's why people are calling the batsman *thin*.

bilalmalik79

Club Cricketer
Difference of playing on ps4 vs ps5 ??? Is it worth to buy ps5 ? I m diehard cricket fan and thinking to switch to ps5 just as new game is coming up ??? Anyone can guide me on this ???

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Difference of playing on ps4 vs ps5 ??? Is it worth to buy ps5 ? I m diehard cricket fan and thinking to switch to ps5 just as new game is coming up ??? Anyone can guide me on this ???
PS4 is bit under developed I guess. This is next gen release so ps5 might be better to play this one. I did play for couple hours today on PS4 and I have mixed feelings when I compare it with videos streamed via ps5

Users who are viewing this thread