Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
First three overs after patch and final ball boundary bug in every over. You couldn't make it up.

It's not a bug... I think it's a deliberate inclusion whereby the AI have to achieve a certain rate every single over, and if they dont get it, it will script a smash..

Great to see that in 2022 we are finally getting lofted off side shots..

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Academy is still terrible,spent 30 mins trying to download one of wasteyouryouths county teams,only for it too crash.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
It's not a bug... I think it's a deliberate inclusion whereby the AI have to achieve a certain rate every single over, and if they dont get it, it will script a smash..

Great to see that in 2022 we are finally getting lofted off side shots..

It’s actually good that the AI is trying to score runs when they haven’t scored anything in that over. Plus it’s an opportunity to get a wicket as well.

We all want the AI to get smarter but when it happens people call it scripted.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It’s actually good that the AI is trying to score runs when they haven’t scored anything in that over. Plus it’s an opportunity to get a wicket as well.

We all want the AI to get smarter but when it happens people call it scripted.

Nah, dot, dot, dot, dot, dot, four isn't cricket.. That's not pacing.

gleebo41

School Cricketer
is the game crashing for anyone else when you try and move the bowling maker down to a short ball? Eg a red ball ?
I am on PS4 on the new patch

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Pacing is spot on in t20's and ODI's,they just seem to struggle to implement 3 or 4 an over in tests.

The amount of runs the AI gets and the tempo with which they get them is fine. It's how they get them that is the problem. @Langeveldt is spot on, the 5 dots then last ball boundary to almost any type of delivery is tiresome in the extreme.

It's an immersion breaker for me knowing that I could bowl 4 or 5 ok balls and keep them quiet then bowl a ball where everything was perfect yet get tonked. Over after over.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
True. If that’s happening in a Test Match it isn’t good. But from limited overs perspective, it’s good to have that mindset.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
I do agree, it's as if they have missed five really good balls through lack of skill but all of a sudden turn into the greatest player on the earth to slap it for a boundary when they couldn't hit a cows arse with a barn door.

gleebo41

School Cricketer
After spending most of the last 2 days on various pitch types gathering data, plus playing the first session of a test match on a grassy deck, this pitch has at least a ball and a half width less bounce, maybe even two in fact.

I don't mind it, but this is a grassy deck, not "standard."

View attachment 260947

It's gone from pre-patch having a standard delivery clip the stumps with Jimmy to the same delivery clattering the stumps full.

As I say, I'm not against it as it's better to bring the stumps I to play, just reporting what I see.
What Ross meant was “medium “ pitches not the standard pitch. On all medium pitch hardness types ( apart from grassy ) the ball was bouncing too much like a tennis ball. That meant full green length balls and shorter yellow length bowls would bounce over the stumps limiting LBW & bowled opportunities. It’s better balanced on all the dry and dusty pitch variants but the issue now is that medium hardness and grassy pitches that already had the right amount of bounce is probably bouncing a touch too low now like a soft pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread