Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

caprikaps

Club Captain
Anybody else having issues with playing the back foot square cut to pacers after the patch?

Somehow the batter always ends to playing a late cut even though I'm trying to square cut towards point region.
This and batting style 5 (Steven smith) shot animations are also messed up. Have raised both the tickets.

While the lofted shots and cover drives have become OP, the extra cover drives and straight drives have lost all the power and hence don’t travel much. Such a sad state to see this going backwards.

This patch has taken us 3 steps back.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Sadly, I don't think BA fully understand the maths and mechanics behind their own game after 8 long years. They fix one part of the gameplay only for that change to wreck other aspects of the game.

papalazarou

Club Captain
Sadly, I don't think BA fully understand the maths and mechanics behind their own game after 8 long years. They fix one part of the gameplay only for that change to wreck other aspects of the game.
Yeah, this is what I meant in my earlier post. I dont think it's just a case of they don't understand cricket, it's more they moved to a new engine this year and are struggling to get to grips with it. It's not an excuse but does explain the state of play. Rushed release - Yes.

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I saw another new pace bowling style was added to the game recently. Anyone have a clue who bowling style 14 is supposed to be?
I remember reading something about Tim Southee being mo-capped? Could be for an earlier patch though, I havn't bothered to check the game in the last fortnight or so.

tfish555

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Has anyone sorted out how to get the AI to stop bowling down leg to left handers? I'm sick of scoring at 10 per over in the Ashes...

andrew56

Club Captain
Is there reverse swing in the game and also what's the pros and cons of the new patch.
Hopefully they add adjustable slips cause they all over each other.

ExposedCashew40

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Is anyone else stuck on 66 overall on career mode. I do nets training and gym work. I also don’t simulate but my player has stayed on 66 overall after 25 games. Can anyone help?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is anyone else stuck on 66 overall on career mode. I do nets training and gym work. I also don’t simulate but my player has stayed on 66 overall after 25 games. Can anyone help?
Ross: restart your career and see if it happens again or not. If yes then do report at BA support.

Someone said before last patch what else they can break …

So here is the answer in form of patch.
- overthrows are back with 5 runs very frequently
- deep fielder don’t bother to stop ball even thats simple field or forget to take simple catch resulting 4 or 6
- straight shots are too much OP i.e way unrealistic
- game crash is back in bw over finished when batsman score 50
- headless players
- at hardest difficulty, bowling sliders has no impact on computer AI batting as played 3 games with different bowling settings (hardest with factor 20,40 & 50) and every time AI scored bw 195 to 205.

The best part is, After all above minor tweaks they are more concerned for introducing more bowling animations. Seriously I want to meet personally and say thanks to that guy who is directing this iteration.

Last edited:

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He makes a valid point though! With the speed at which they are releasing patches, there just isn’t much window left to test all functions of the game! Not sure what the solution for it is to be honest…quick patches are required to fix the game in its current state while releasing those quick patches means that something or the other will break down due to it since it’s impossible to test the entire game with every patch.

The base game engine seems to be flawed in the sense that they are constantly unable to identify the areas that would get impacted by the code change they are making which is why when they make a change, it seems to be breaking something else that they are not able to identify
Looks like they need to change game engine but can they do it given that it's not a company with really big amount of capital,profit,etc....
Post automatically merged:

Looks like they need to change game engine but can they do it given that it's not a company with really big amount of capital,profit,etc....
Or they should go for free unreal engine 4 or 5...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Post automatically merged:

Or they should go for free unreal engine 4 or 5...
Problem with Unreal engine 5, or unreal in general, is that steam takes a 30% cut of a sale. After a certain amount of sales, Unreal takes a %10 cut of sales. All up that's 40% lost to third parties so I can see why they want their own engine but atm it just isn't cutting the mustard.

Users who are viewing this thread