Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

The more I play this build the worst it seems to get. We have the silly caught and bowled bug from early versions of C19, warping fielders, batsmen constantly walking back through stumps without breaking them, bizarre leg side bowling, frequent AI wides... What is going on?

The more I play this build the worst it seems to get. We have the silly caught and bowled bug from early versions of C19, warping fielders, batsmen constantly walking back through stumps without breaking them, bizarre leg side bowling, frequent AI wides... What is going on?
Aside from wides when a legspinner goes round the wicket I’ve honestly had none of that

Plus, when you hit a lofted shot, it feels like it goes to the moon and back before it hits the ground.
Have a look at the post I just put the around the world thread which explains it a bit more.

the way I look at it 15-30 mins spent getting the teams right is nothing compared to the hours and hours I get playing once the set up is correct

My formula won’t be correct for everyone due to differing skills at the game, but I think it’s a decent guide. Obviously sucks for serious career players but I haven’t seen almost any of the issues being reported in terms of overthrows or last ball smashes etc.
I wish BA just took your settings on board and made them the standard!

Based on your and Wealy’s tweaks, seems like the game engine is really promising but BA screwed it up (or atleast didn’t take full advantage of it) by making the stats too OP for the default teams / players

Aside from wides when a legspinner goes round the wicket I’ve honestly had none of that
I wonder if it's the skilling of the players. I've done a couple of 1950s sides with very conservative settings to fit the historic style of play and they seem to have fewer problems in terms of weird AI.

after all patches and even one month passed, no doubt we have great AI and bug free game.

Looks like Ross or BAS dev play such type of cricket in real where they have

-headless players
-keeper will not field throws
-fielding and catching is not allowed at deep
-spinnes allowed to bowl way leg side and u have to play otherwise no wide given
-if u make 50 then after over up no more game, game and that days play ended
-u can do batting via bat or golf stick
- sometime u play cricket vdout ball
- anyone can pass through the body of others
- if batsman hit on leg and he took complete single but there is random appeal then same batsman will face again and single also count

Let me share some useful ideas so BA csn introduce in next patch (the way their current game director might think)
- while fielding sports sunglasses on top of cap seriously that would be awesome
- fawad alam standing animation
- new bowling animations
- seat color in stadium creator
- more white cloud on sky

as current issues are very minor and we can deal those …

after all patches and even one month passed, no doubt we have great AI and bug free game.

Looks like Ross or BAS dev play such type of cricket in real where they have

-headless players
-keeper will not field throws
-fielding and catching is not allowed at deep
-spinnes allowed to bowl way leg side and u have to play otherwise no wide given
-if u make 50 then after over up no more game, game and that days play ended
-u can do batting via bat or golf stick
- sometime u play cricket vdout ball
- anyone can pass through the body of others
- if batsman hit on leg and he took complete single but there is random appeal then same batsman will face again and single also count

Let me share some useful ideas so BA csn introduce in next patch
- while fielding sports sunglasses on top of cap seriously that would be awesome
- fawad alam standing animation
- new bowling animations
- seat color in stadium creator
- more white cloud on sky

as current issues are very minor and we can deal those …
Umm.. U forgot gold chain, bracelets, studs, pls add it in ur useful ideas, shall we?

Have a look at the post I just put the around the world thread which explains it a bit more.

the way I look at it 15-30 mins spent getting the teams right is nothing compared to the hours and hours I get playing once the set up is correct

My formula won’t be correct for everyone due to differing skills at the game, but I think it’s a decent guide. Obviously sucks for serious career players but I haven’t seen almost any of the issues being reported in terms of overthrows or last ball smashes etc.
Players running through each other and the stumps..ive recorded some quality videos of glitches. I find it unbelievable hai a developer keeps bringing out games that are obviously not fit for release and keeps getting away with it

“Getting nicely settled at the crease now”… 94 not out!

My main frustration with this game right now is the slowness of the non-striker setting off. As for spin bowlers bowling leg side wides, it’s almost like they think that they’re bowling to a left-handed (Or the other way) batsman!

It’s frustrating me when people talk about the last ball smash because just adjusting the run rate in Custom Difficulties seems to solve the problem but you do of course have to offset other things to retain the AI posting competitive totals.

The game is by no means perfect but I’m loving driving at the moment (To go with cuts and pulls that I’ve played more this time around) and bowling is back to the thrill of previous games with such a variety of dismissals. I just need to make batting harder, probably by upping speed. I thought that it was harder but my Big Ant v Big Ant games misled me. That said, I can’t claim to be playing on Legend/Hardest.

Just ran Joe Root out for 96 against USA at Lords but hoping that they won’t score 270 to make us bat again!

Edit: They’re about 200-2! I don’t necessarily mind but it feels like a different game to the first innings. I did win toss on green deck to roll them out for 92 but my first wicket in second dig was a fortunate one and second one came right before close.

Last edited:
Players running through each other and the stumps..ive recorded some quality videos of glitches. I find it unbelievable hai a developer keeps bringing out games that are obviously not fit for release and keeps getting away with it
I mean I don’t think I’ve seen that an awful lot but when I have it doesn’t bother me particularly since it doesn’t really have a gameplay impact?

Users who are viewing this thread