Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I had my testing hat on but had a genuinely good time. Wasn't expecting perfection. It feels like test cricket for 80-90% of the time and then the AI will belt you for four. Once I said: 'ok that's a pain in the arse' I was able to enjoy the good stuff. Now, if it's still the same in six months I'd probably just not play.

I know you shouldn’t really have to, but it is obvious to me from the ratings and default settings BA don’t have a clue about their own engine.

Tweak those, and a few bugs aside there’s a really good game hiding underneath.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I know you shouldn’t really have to, but it is obvious to me from the ratings and default settings BA don’t have a clue about their own engine.

Tweak those, and a few bugs aside there’s a really good game hiding underneath.
Personally think the ratings are fine. I got Joe Root, one of the top rated male batsmen, out in six balls with three false shots. What needs to be tweaked there?

As far as I'm concerned it is the construction and development of an innings in AI batting that is the core issue. Has been for several games to be honest. From playing the BA cricket games over the years, that is more to do with mentalities - skills are to do with execution. That's not to say some balancing between skills and impact couldn't be done. I think I could've bowled Jason Holder for 45 overs in a row and his stamina wouldn't have gone below halfway.

If people want to spend their time 'remaking' the game, go for it. But, I've seen nothing, in my admittedly very short experience, to suggest that is needed.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
New patch are coming today to fix BBL competition crash and other stability fixes... Steam patch is already up...

max2002

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I've been playing career using pro camera. To me, that makes the game a lot more enjoyable and adds more difficulty. I would recommend it for anyone who is finding the game boring.
Since the latest patch, its been harder to smash boundaries behind square which was becoming all to common so I do believe improvements are slowly being made to make this game much better.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I wish they explain what stability improvements mean
It's a general catch all for things that are resolved that generally only impacted a small number of users, so not worth calling out individually - we don't want to be padding out patch notes with minor changes. One example I can see from this latest patch was related to resolving a support ticket someone had about doing get best multiple times in a row, that kind of stuff.

s0074845

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's a general catch all for things that are resolved that generally only impacted a small number of users, so not worth calling out individually - we don't want to be padding out patch notes with minor changes. One example I can see from this latest patch was related to resolving a support ticket someone had about doing get best multiple times in a row, that kind of stuff.
Thank you

NRLHalfback02

School Cricketer
Hey mate, submitted a ticket over a month ago regarding some issues any chance you could have a look?

Career - leg spinner but nets training it changes me to a pace bowler.

Keeps crashing since I made it to ODI WC final, apparently I’ll get a request from PlayStation for my save data?

Academy - squad sizes limited to 35… impossible to fit each player in when you want Test, ODI, T20 line ups all accurate. 50 should be the max imo.

Can’t edit licensed players personality’s/ some proficiencies. These revert as soon as you restart game, meaning overalls and stats are all over the place.

Makes the career mode teams unrealistic eg Uzzie Khawaja and Marnus Labuschagne both weren’t being selected for QLD as they’re both set as top orders so until I moved to opener I had to deal with watching them and Michael Neser cry in 12th man duties haha.

Can’t change jersey numbers, it’d be sweet if they were all correct but Joe Burns, Quinton de Kock etc to name a few are all wrong.

Can’t set a players fielding position to mid on/mid off.

cheers mate, hoping you guys can save my career.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Having said that don't be afraid to pad it out sometimes. "General Stability" gives me gamer ptsd of nba 2k lol.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey mate, submitted a ticket over a month ago regarding some issues any chance you could have a look?
Can you let me know the ticket number, I can ask the support staff about it. A save request should have come up when you launch into the game, but I can find out if it needs to be re-sent.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Can you let me know the ticket number, I can ask the support staff about it. A save request should have come up when you launch into the game, but I can find out if it needs to be re-sent.
Can you tell them to look in to #7460 it is about HUNDRED match score card hud...

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Really thankful if you ask someone from staff to check below tickets at convenience. Thanks

1641880649269.png

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Really thankful if you ask someone from staff to check below tickets at convenience. Thanks
I think it would be generally more helpful to be more specific in a smaller number of tickets - I'm sure many people feel like you're getting an automated response, but I can assure you it's not, but that equally means if you're putting in multiple separate tickets a day - giving you an answer on each one adds a lot of time compared to reading it and passing on the message if it's the first report of something.

As a general answer on those from a skim I did - fielding absolutely is an area needing a lot of work - most of that is now well documented, and it just is a matter of working through the individual aspects leading to the poor outcomes. I personally spent quite a chunk of today on working through with a programmer on the running between wickets issues that have popped up, it shouldn't be too long before an update that improves those significantly is available.

The majority of the rest seem to fall into requests, which it's very hard to give any more of an answer than to tell you they are noted.

Users who are viewing this thread