Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's essentially a hot fix mainly to address the issues created yesterday with stumpings occuring when a batter was still within their crease. (I haven't read Twitter for specifics either, I can't be bothered with it for issues like this!!)

They've definitely adjusted the running timings again too & there's another slight delay for the striker setting off to run than the previous patch too.

There's some other subtle changes too.
I think it was for the playfaces issue. I am on ps4 and haven’t received any new patch yet. Still got the batsmen wandering off the crease.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dont discuss bugs, don't post YouTube videos, don't quote twitter, don't criticize the game, what next? Link Aadhaar before posting?
Well with the way world is heading right now, I'd speculate show your vax status :lol

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@MattW ,

Seriously, can someone please have a look at these ongoing broken bounce issues as they're definitely critical!! This was broken 7 or 8 patches ago now & absolutely nothing has been done about it since despite countless repeated complaints from a whole list of different users. I'm not certain BA will or have even acknowledged its an issue with all the recent deflecting.

If your devs still just can't see it, please ask them to simply create a bowling all-rounder career, leg spinner with an Xbox Series X, they can't possibly fail to see it then!!

Then, set the pitch type to standard medium, grassy/dry medium, grassy/dusty medium or grassy medium. (Or, use soft or extra soft if they wish as it makes no difference, all have the same level zero bounce.)

It also doesn't matter if I try to correct these errors by upping the custom pitch bounce or ball bounce sliders locally as they don't work either, whether changed on the fly or set before the beginning of a new match. There's just no bounce at all.

Playing on these pitches becomes intensely boring because both human & AI batters can only ever use a front foot shot. All back foot shots miss because the ball is obviously far too low. It's almost nigh on impossible to bowl anyone out because there is insufficient height on the ball for any batter to get under to loft it up & the low bounce somehow stops the AI batters making any mistakes, there's zero edges, etc.

The hard versions of the dry and standard pitches are bearable but they're still not right at all. The hard versions of the grassy/dry, grassy/dusty or grassy pitches are also producing far less bounce than would be expected making them ridiculous to bat or bowl on too.

Can someone please look at this ASAP as it is undeniably critical & it's now been broken for 2 - 3 weeks without any potential fix in sight.

We've been down to the hard versions of just 2 different pitch types for weeks because all the others remain completely broken & not even the sliders will help.

Thanks.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is there a way to switch off the colours around the ball that denote the length of delivery? I tried removing them from general settings and leaving just pitch marker but the colour is there for some reason when go back into the match . In C19 you could have just a black or white pitch marker to show where ball would pitch , more realistic in my view to playing game in real life …

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Is there a way to switch off the colours around the ball that denote the length of delivery? I tried removing them from general settings and leaving just pitch marker but the colour is there for some reason when go back into the match . In C19 you could have just a black or white pitch marker to show where ball would pitch , more realistic in my view to playing game in real life …

You need to turn off the pitch marker length display in the settings but they never fixed the issue you've just highlighted in C19 on the Xbox & C22 on the Xbox also has the same bug too that they still haven't fixed. (I posted this specific issue to the bug tracker thread for Xbox earlier.)

The generic black & white bowling & pitch markers seem to be working as intended with the PS5 too, however, can't say for sure if it's broken on the PS4 or PC as well??

I've always wanted it on the Xbox but they couldn't find the required code or settings to fix it in C19.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
So it appears we have to redownload all the players to get their eyebrows back. Incredible. I'm aghast at the utter incompetence.
Ross’ Tweet said we wouldn’t have to download them again and that was the case before, they all seemed fixed. Just about to go on again now though so things may have changed….

Hester

County Cricketer
Ross’ Tweet said we wouldn’t have to download them again and that was the case before, they all seemed fixed. Just about to go on again now though so things may have changed….
I'm on xbox and they're still missing.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's jus a start of 2022, why are we in a hurry for fixes?? BAS will fix a few and unfix many this year I guess!

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I feel the edges have significantly reduced after the latest patches. Has anyone else noticed it?

Users who are viewing this thread