Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Finally bought the game on ps4. Overall an improvement on 19. Still trying to get the sliders right for Batting in tests. It's either too easy and I never nick off else it's too difficult and I nick everything.. Especially to the spinners. Could anyone provide some sliders which provide a good balance please?
Overall the commentary is not as bad as it was in earlier patches I reckon.. But Atherton does sound very scripted.
I think already been discussed but framerate on night matches is unplayable.. Is this just with custom stadiums?
And why does it sound like a tennis ball being smashed in T20 games .
I played a T20 as me, SA vs Netherlands and they smashed me for 195! I did chase it down but yoh.. And this was on medium

@MattW , thanks for the extra visibility once again after another patch & helping to provide some additional clarification :)!!

Like others I can certainly appreciate some of the new updates (such as the return of the quick hide for the score HUD as an example). I can certainly understand why they were a lower priority especially with certain other issues outstanding so things like that can definitely wait.

Otherwise, can you please give some transparency on this infuriating broken shot issue that so many continue to find unacceptable? (Back foot square drive to the back foot late cut animation glitch off fast bowlers, & the plain broken lofted back foot late cut (through or over the backward point region & around to the third man region) off spin bowlers that won't ever get above head height.)

Inexplicably, they've been left unresolved for yet another week at a minimum, so that'll now be at least 5 weeks with another group of shots broken as with the broken cover drive issues dragging on for a painful 5 weeks too.

Batting & shot making is obviously a fundamental part of cricket that undoubtedly ranks as one of the most important aspects, especially in a cricket sim/game. (Not that I need to tell you that personally but someone at BA seems to have significant trouble understanding this & that any broken shot needs fixing with the absolute highest priority as it is ultimately game breaking. (It doesn't matter that it's not actually causing the game to crash etc.)

A cricket game with broken shots is akin to a golf game where the devs put in all the other clubs but couldn't be bothered to code in a tee driver, or a flight sim where you can aviate in every direction except to make any right turns, or a Formula One sim where they simply left the rear wing off the cars entirely so driving at high speed is impossible.

It all completely defeats the purpose as long as the end user is left to simply make do with broken or missing fundamentals. I'm not alone in issues like this making the game unplayable & just not bothering with it as it just robs any enjoyment back out again. (Especially for extended periods with complete radio silence.)

Still no response & complete radio silence regarding the broken back foot square drive/back foot late cut glitch.

Not a good sign. If they knew how they broke it & had a fix it would have either been fixed by now or they'd at least comment on it as they have to questions regarding other problems & issues that are actively being worked on.

It's destroying the point of batting entirely.

Finally bought the game on ps4. Overall an improvement on 19. Still trying to get the sliders right for Batting in tests. It's either too easy and I never nick off else it's too difficult and I nick everything.. Especially to the spinners. Could anyone provide some sliders which provide a good balance please?
Overall the commentary is not as bad as it was in earlier patches I reckon.. But Atherton does sound very scripted.
I think already been discussed but framerate on night matches is unplayable.. Is this just with custom stadiums?
And why does it sound like a tennis ball being smashed in T20 games .
I played a T20 as me, SA vs Netherlands and they smashed me for 195! I did chase it down but yoh.. And this was on medium

And I turned the commentary off before I played my first game, knew it wouldn't be for me.

Have to say the game has really improved with the last patch.

Currently having a cracking test match Aus v Eng Dry/Hard pitch with Rumple43 version 3 sliders

Aus won toss and made 439 in 146.5 overs with me bowling as England with some varied dismissals

England made 368 in 95. 3 overs ( Lyon got a hatrick and reduced me to 166/6)

Now on a 4th day the pitch which is clearly wearing as when I hit certain areas the ball misbehaves and I've reduced the Aussies to 110/4 in 35 overs

Only negative is I haven't had any lbws but still really enjoying it

My last Test between custom made England (71) and Malaysia in Dhaka (Dry/Standard). Hard difficulty with RR 20, WC 70, BQ 70, Bounce may have been 45.

Made 298 (67.1) By far best batting experience. Challenging, good fields by AI, no get out clause. Scoring well on offside. Two/three good partnerships. One brilliant edge pushing at ball caught at slip. Felt extremely real.

Malaysia 344 (151.5) Usual toil in field. Fifties for both openers. 60, 30, 40 odd in middle. Seemed to send in nightwatchman about three overs into final session. Lower order didn’t score bucket load but boy they hung around. Usual wickets for leg-spinner (5) and three for RFM. Lots of maidens.

Should point out that was pre last patch.

New patch

Made 365 (60.2) Much easier. I know I didn’t make 1000-2dec but I scored at run a ball. More a case of me getting myself out. Nearly all caught. Slight disappointment compared to first innings but maybe I quickly got used to harder difficulty. Allowed me to hit spinner around my legs (Behind wicket) too easy having set good fields in first dig.

Malaysia 170 (71.5) 4 for leg spinner. 3 run outs including first after reasonable start. It was the tightest run out ever! They had two more late on though which was a shame but semi-believable. In an ODI before my keeper took seven catches but he only took one this match (No drops). Quite a few wickets to both spin/pace were dragged/deflected onto stumps. Fielders diving went some way to ruining the game. Good idea but needs polishing.

Pleased to see AI not chase down 320. Don’t mind it happening but know there were concerns early on that they successfully chased higher totals regularly. Game went into fifth day… just!

Will play second Test with more deteriorated pitch.

Apologies if this bores you to tears but hopefully provides insight to some.

Have to say the game has really improved with the last patch.

Currently having a cracking test match Aus v Eng Dry/Hard pitch with Rumple43 version 3 sliders

Aus won toss and made 439 in 146.5 overs with me bowling as England with some varied dismissals

England made 368 in 95. 3 overs ( Lyon got a hatrick and reduced me to 166/6)

Now on a 4th day the pitch which is clearly wearing as when I hit certain areas the ball misbehaves and I've reduced the Aussies to 110/4 in 35 overs

Only negative is I haven't had any lbws but still really enjoying it
Seems like pace bowling is broken. Two test matches played after latest patch, both on England grassy pitches and spin bowlers took 9 of the 10 wickets in both matches. Using Rumple43 slider spreadsheet.

Seems like pace bowling is broken. Two test matches played after latest patch, both on England grassy pitches and spin bowlers took 9 of the 10 wickets in both matches. Using Rumple43 slider spreadsheet.
I've taken 10 out of the 15 wickets so far with pace bowlers

Update : Now taken 15 out of 20 with the pacers

And need 406 to win on the last day

Last edited:
Hardest difficulty should be made as still harder. At present it's way easy to play shots

Still no response & complete radio silence regarding the broken back foot square drive/back foot late cut glitch.

Not a good sign. If they knew how they broke it & had a fix it would have either been fixed by now or they'd at least comment on it as they have to questions regarding other problems & issues that are actively being worked on.
I've checked in to find out where this landed, as your post was passed on, and the note about those shots given to the team working on that aspect of the game. The feedback I got back was that there wasn't enough to go on to work out what was being referenced, so other items where we had clearer information got focus instead.

Possibly took too long to go back to you to try and seek more detail, but a post that says "x is broken" is often really hard to make right. Even if you might think a problem stares at you in the face, people play the game differently, different control schemes, different sliders, different approaches to batting, etc. That's one reason the bug report thread template asks for an example, rather than "any", as even if you might not think it's a factor, it's a starting point.

That's not saying there's no problem - just that from the posts I have, it wasn't enough info for the people working on the batting aspects to work out what you're referring to. Maybe you might think that's a gotcha - "ah, they don't even know what they broke" - sure - but it's just as likely that if we had a video demonstrating it - knowing your inputs to what sort of delivery - then we might go "oh, that's this" and be able to sort it.

We know a lot of people have issues with batting, and we're in general working to find improvements, but as we couldn't work out what you were referring to in your post, that fell down the list. I believe there's a few batting shot improvements that will go into tomorrow's patch as a result of that, and while people keep bringing it up, it'll be something that continues to get further work.

@MattW
Hi, This is regarding human batting. Its almost very very rare to get out as lbw to pacers while human batting. Even the hardest mode gets only edges for poor user input.
We can almost hit every ball with bat that is coming on the pads unless we play wrong line.
For pacers its almost rare to play wrong line as balls come straight without much deviation.

Like how we are currently getting edges for poor user input, It will be good if ball beats the bat for some of the poor user inputs so that we can get some close lbw calls. I mean i am talking about the balls that are coming on wickets or on legs.

I've checked in to find out where this landed, as your post was passed on, and the note about those shots given to the team working on that aspect of the game. The feedback I got back was that there wasn't enough to go on to work out what was being referenced, so other items where we had clearer information got focus instead.

Possibly took too long to go back to you to try and seek more detail, but a post that says "x is broken" is often really hard to make right. Even if you might think a problem stares at you in the face, people play the game differently, different control schemes, different sliders, different approaches to batting, etc. That's one reason the bug report thread template asks for an example, rather than "any", as even if you might not think it's a factor, it's a starting point.

That's not saying there's no problem - just that from the posts I have, it wasn't enough info for the people working on the batting aspects to work out what you're referring to. Maybe you might think that's a gotcha - "ah, they don't even know what they broke" - sure - but it's just as likely that if we had a video demonstrating it - knowing your inputs to what sort of delivery - then we might go "oh, that's this" and be able to sort it.

We know a lot of people have issues with batting, and we're in general working to find improvements, but as we couldn't work out what you were referring to in your post, that fell down the list. I believe there's a few batting shot improvements that will go into tomorrow's patch as a result of that, and while people keep bringing it up, it'll be something that continues to get further work.
Would be nice if you can get us a Time frame regarding career mode enhancement and world view tab if possible

Hey guys Have been playing from start Still can't get Best of the sliders Can anyone Suggest me Best sliders For competitive Results For me even if I score 200 AI easily chases it down in t20 I play lot of T20 would love to know best Sliders and difficulty (With screen shot)
Striker Timing:
AI :
Bowl Quality:
Run Rate:
Wicket Chance:

Batting Difficulty
Bowling difficulty
Bowl Speed Min &Max:
Bowling speed visual:
Shot Force:
Bowl swing:
Spin revolution:
Post automatically merged:

@Rumple43 @MattW @GuyIncognito @AnmolJ anyone Please sugget Best sliders/Difficulty Specially for t20

Balls 1-5 are good balls. Ball 6 is a bad ball. ;)
What i observed if you set run rate at 25 or 30 with Pro difficulty then ball 6 is also good one. Even in my last t20 game i was able to defend 10 runs in last over with 4 on 1st ball then 1s & 2s and on last delivery, AI was beaten resulting my victory with 2 runs.

Scripting is less visible on above settings.

Users who are viewing this thread