Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

I hope Ross wasn't watching SA vs BAN. Probably thought afterwards spinners were nerfed and need a buff next patch.
Maharaj and Harmer took 29 of the 40 wickets over two matches, including all ten in both innings for less than 100. Taijul and Mehidy took 19 and Taijul only played one match.

Buff those spinners.

Maharaj and Harmer took 29 of the 40 wickets over two matches, including all ten in both innings for less than 100. Taijul and Mehidy took 19 and Taijul only played one match.

Buff those spinners.

giphy (1).gif

Anyone tried reducing the fielding skills, Perks and proficiencies for Wicket keepers to avoid ridiculous catching?

I have reduced Diving and reflex catching to just 2 notches, and kept all wicket keeper improvement perks to level 1 (i.e. all fielding perks which boosts wicket keeper's stats are active but all are set to level-1).

Also on profiencies, i have made sure to keep the wicket keeper position no.1 at 5 stars for all wicket keepers.

My thinking was that by reducing the absolute skill level in diving and reflex catching, we would stop seeing super human and weird catching behavior. Meanwhile, WK related perks and profiencies would ensure that I don't get dumb/clueless Wicket keeping A.I, so as to achieve a balance.

Currently started playing NZ vs WI. Will keep you guys posted

My thinking would be to have the game developer fix it at the source personally as they've known about it for long enough now, but if you must ;).

You're basically fully retarding the abilities of all available keepers for your teams for fundamental bugs/issues that remain with BA themselves to fix, NOT US!! No end user should have to go to such lengths to get a decent experience, especially from a console.

What's more, the AI wicket keepers sometimes remain absolute dumbasses or outright spectators in certain scenarios & they frequently may not react to certain shots. While on the flip side, they're simply superhuman in certain other quadrants around them or off other very specific shots. (I.e. a front foot fine/late cut off a spinner or approximately 50% of any back foot fine/late cuts off spinners played.)

Is dumbing them all right down really a solution when considering the whole picture of current WK behaviour? (C19 used to have the exact same superhuman keeper issue off of certain shots at one point & that also took far too long for them to fix despite regular & repeated complaints at the time as apparently they just couldn't see it back then either. It also used to have the same issue of the WK's being outright spectators at other times too, albeit both issues weren't presenting simultaneously with C19 as they are with C22 at least.)

Here we are with the same problems all over again & it's just dragging on & on, & on.

Eventually they will stumble upon a fix (by the time most have just given up & walked), & then your next problem will be you have an entire academy full of utterly useless wicket keepers instead that will all need readjusting back to their defaults as well. (Or, you'll have to wipe & start over again as it may actually end up being quicker for you despite the total loss of everything else that you'll have to endure.)

Whether it be some end users forced to locally nerf player abilities, perks or proficiencies in an attempt to fix hardcoded bugs, or others endlessly tinkering with sliders in a never ending cycle to workaround basic issues that should have been fixed long ago by default at the source, you (and they) are still essentially wailing into the wind & the sweeping gusts ain't stopping anytime soon, they're now just further apart!!

My thinking would be to have the game developer fix it at the source personally as they've known about it for long enough now, but if you must ;).

You're basically fully retarding the abilities of all available keepers for your teams for fundamental bugs/issues that remain with BA themselves to fix, NOT US!! No end user should have to go to such lengths to get a decent experience, especially from a console.

What's more, the AI wicket keepers sometimes remain absolute dumbasses or outright spectators in certain scenarios & they frequently may not react to certain shots. While on the flip side, they're simply superhuman in certain other quadrants around them or off other very specific shots. (I.e. a front foot fine/late cut off a spinner or approximately 50% of any back foot fine/late cuts off spinners played.)

Is dumbing them all right down really a solution when considering the whole picture of current WK behaviour? (C19 used to have the exact same superhuman keeper issue off of certain shots at one point & that also took far too long for them to fix despite regular & repeated complaints at the time as apparently they just couldn't see it back then either. It also used to have the same issue of the WK's being outright spectators at other times too, albeit both issues weren't presenting simultaneously with C19 as they are with C22 at least.)

Here we are with the same problems all over again & it's just dragging on & on, & on.

Eventually they will stumble upon a fix (by the time most have just given up & walked), & then your next problem will be you have an entire academy full of utterly useless wicket keepers instead that will all need readjusting back to their defaults as well. (Or, you'll have to wipe & start over again as it may actually end up being quicker for you despite the total loss of everything else that you'll have to endure.)

Whether it be some end users forced to locally nerf player abilities, perks or proficiencies in an attempt to fix hardcoded bugs, or others endlessly tinkering with sliders in a never ending cycle to workaround basic issues that should have been fixed long ago by default at the source, you (and they) are still essentially wailing into the wind & the sweeping gusts ain't stopping anytime soon, they're now just further apart!!

Not to mention all these weekly and bi-weekly patches changing the rules each time.

Anyway, I put spin difficulty onto 90 and have Maharaj on 2-46, which is nice.

at the very least, in tomorrow's patch, they had better have added the option to pick the weather! Whether the weather makes any difference to playing conditions is another story, but let me choose to play in overcast conditions at least - please BA

Just after a bit of advice/help please;

BA have asked me to send them my save file - my issue is that I can’t access the academy/share creations via the Academy Tool creator on steam.

Any ideas what it is I would send them exactly, as it’s not like a career mode won’t load or something like that.

Thanks all.

Just after a bit of advice/help please;

BA have asked me to send them my save file - my issue is that I can’t access the academy/share creations via the Academy Tool creator on steam.

Any ideas what it is I would send them exactly, as it’s not like a career mode won’t load or something like that.

Thanks all.
No idea. Unless the save file has certain log files and entries embedded within related to the academy (might be code shared between downloaded players used in career mode and academy creator.)

No idea. Unless the save file has certain log files and entries embedded within related to the academy (might be code shared between downloaded players used in career mode and academy creator.)
Cheers mate, I can of course ask BA what it is they want/need, but the time difference means 1 email a day and I don’t want to waste it asking what could have been a simple answer haha

at the very least, in tomorrow's patch, they had better have added the option to pick the weather! Whether the weather makes any difference to playing conditions is another story, but let me choose to play in overcast conditions at least - please BA
Raising tickets is only option for us left about weather changes

Raising tickets is only option for us left about weather changes
I still have a ticket that is in process status from months ago about the weather. I would say it falls into the cosmetic category since I see no evidence weather makes difference to the gameplay, but ultimately Timmy's fireworks got preference it seems

I'm playing as an bowling all rounder in india domestic. After bowling 1730 balls in a season in 8 different matches, my team was at 5th in the table.

Was disappointed that I couldn't make it to the finals. But like the father who gives a candy to his crying kid, BA understood my emotion.

No team from pool A makes to quarter finals.
5 teams from pool B makes to quarter final.
2 teams from pool c makes to quarter final.
1 team from pool D makes to quarter final.

Thanks BA, thank you so much for ruining the experience of playing a hard fought league. Ask your boss to keep blocking more of us. It will solve the issue.

Attachments

• 20220412_210840.jpg
    20220412_210840.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 44
  • 20220412_210852.jpg
    20220412_210852.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20220412_210906.jpg
    20220412_210906.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 20220412_210915.jpg
    20220412_210915.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 20220412_210925.jpg
    20220412_210925.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 42
Yes even if we select Spring/Reduced or default , it's always Sunny. 4 to 5 patches before it was well implemented. These recent patches removed weather variations.
I still have a ticket that is in process status from months ago about the weather. I would say it falls into the cosmetic category since I see no evidence weather makes difference to the gameplay, but ultimately Timmy's fireworks got preference it seems

Users who are viewing this thread