Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Suggests it was more a bug rather than intentional.

As in, a certain state of a pitch deg caused the game to hang for whatever reason, or become "non-responsive", once you reloaded or resumed a saved game. That's how it reads to me, anyway.

What I would say, not that it particularly matters, is the description above and the wording in the patch notes, to me, point to quite different things. Without this additional clarification, I 100% wouldn't have thought this is what they meant.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m getting better AI play with the difficulty on default Veteran or legendary and only changing the run rate to 80. T20 that is

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Suggests it was more a bug rather than intentional.

As in, a certain state of a pitch deg caused the game to hang for whatever reason, or become "non-responsive", once you reloaded or resumed a saved game. That's how it reads to me, anyway.

What I would say, not that it particularly matters, is the description above and the wording in the patch notes, to me, point to quite different things. Without this additional clarification, I 100% wouldn't have thought this is what they meant.
Surprised it wasn't just labeled as good old stability enhancements!

But seriously I had no idea this was an issue and did not know simulating fixed it. I assumed there was no pitch degrading at all.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
2022, and we don't even get visual pitch degredation, let alone actual pitch degredation.

Wasn't visual at least in Brian Lara 99?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
2022, and we don't even get visual pitch degredation, let alone actual pitch degredation.

Wasn't visual at least in Brian Lara 99?
Visual Pitch Deg is there:

1652788494901.png

The only deg effect I've seen on physics is "cracks", though they're not visual. They do produce more lateral movement for pace bowlers. I've seen zero variable bounce that I'm aware of.

I've also seen no difference for spinners in turn or bounce.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've noticed the AI hardly plays a sweep shot against the spin at the moment.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
WK still standing back to spinners after latest patch but assume that is because I'm in a saved career mode game and will right itself in a new match ...

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After the latest hotfix, slips stand too far back while spinners are bowling. I think I have seen everything in my life. Seriously don't these people notice these kind of things during testing. We asked for the keeper to be put in the original position, so they put it. Now they want us to ask them to put the slips in the right place. What a joke this game and developers have turned to be

Hester

County Cricketer
After the latest hotfix, slips stand too far back while spinners are bowling. I think I have seen everything in my life. Seriously don't these people notice these kind of things during testing. We asked for the keeper to be put in the original position, so they put it. Now they want us to ask them to put the slips in the right place. What a joke this game and developers have turned to be
The game is being sabotaged, I'm convinced now. There's no way people can be this incompetent. It's being done on purpose.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Oh please no. So you have to bring your slips up now ? Not been on since hotfix so can’t comment

Users who are viewing this thread