Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I have played batting in couple of matches. I enjoyed the batting so far even though i couldnt yet adjust to the timing.
- Game doesnt look as bad as people were saying under IGN video. I played on Xbox Series X. But its not a big upgrade over Cricket 19.
- Pitch is definitely playing a role as I struggled batting on green pitch.
- Some of the keeper edges look and sound nice.

Main Issues I observered so far are..
- Batter start running very slow if they hit pull shots. Seems to be slower than cricket 19.
- AI is playing lot of Steve smith smash shots for short pitch deleveries.
- Running HUD direction is showing opposite way every other over. I played on broadcast camera.
- Batter starts walking or showing disappointment even before umpire giving lbw.
- Drop catches by AI
- Not much improvement on the fielding.

There are still other minor issues which carried over from previous games.
I know the game I played is without Day 1 patch. But I hope they fix some of these issues in the patch.

Overall I liked the time I spend on batting.
Test match graphics on morning session look so good and realstic on Series X.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Big Ant needs to bring in more fielding presets. Most of their presets have two fielders in the same line which means there would be open areas entirely free to score. Which dilutes the experience. No matter how many human fields are added the AI still uses the in-built presets more. Atleast in C19.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Yeah more responsive for sure. Was going to say that earlier they seem a little snappier.

Hit and miss from what I've seen. On occasion, great fielding, other times just standing watching the ball sail past.

Then there is the overthrows...

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
just downloaded the game on xbox, but it says i need to wait until december 2. is there a way to bypass this

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Anyone played a BBL match yet? Keen to see the overlay
Mis-time early yes, mis-timed late should almost NEVER go aerial-- especially when playing a drive shot! (most irritating for me!)

Same as default for BBL mate.

and yes agree early.. it would just add another layer of immersion when batting. Whereas in a test for me it’s either I mistime and edge it or time it and survive.

Users who are viewing this thread