Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Anyone made any creations or figured out how to create any players in the academy?? Literally they should have released the academy two weeks before release ‍♂️♂️
The lack of pre-release academy and free academy on steam sums up this game as a cheap money grab. Console users got to buy the game again just to import logos /play face. No chance.

Everything has been thrown into “accessibility” for the bash em thrash em nonces.

That IGN video where they talk about all cricket being 5-5 soon and wishing it were so was instructive. In the same way as The Hundred is a cricket tournament for people who hate cricket, this is a cricket game for people who hate cricket games.
Post automatically merged:

Your whining is doing my head in.. if you've got nothing constructive to say don't say anything.
Yeah I’ll say what I want.

This game is the worst of any they’ve released at day 1 since DBC14 (which was also poor at release).

The lack of pre-release academy and free academy on steam sums up this game as a cheap money grab. Console users got to buy the game again just to import logos /play face. No chance.

Everything has been thrown into “accessibility” for the bash em thrash em nonces.

That IGN video where they talk about all cricket being 5-5 soon and wishing it were so was instructive. In the same way as The Hundred is a cricket tournament for people who

This game is the worst of any they’ve released at day 1 since DBC14 (which was also poor at release).
Free to say what you want yeah. Could do with being something of substance though, rather than just throwing your toys out of the pram.

Just got on xbox series x , downloading now , let's see how it feels compared to cricket 19. I had cricket 19 on ps4 and switch. Never should buy cricket game on switch , it's the most inferior version..
Let see how cricket 22 pans out..

Hi guys

At the risk of writing things that you’ve already read…

It’s bad!

I’ll back Big Ant to patch and make it playable but this is disappointing. I’ve seen people write that they need to rebuild the engine. I thought that was what they’d done to some extent. I mean, they said “started from scratch”. Maybe they just mean the players and I guess engine is the actual feel/execution of the game. The feel of hitting the ball is fine and bowling’s okay. This certainly looks LO dominated and the colours don’t fill me with confidence for a Test match feeling real. I did at least get through a Five5 without a crash but the clouds were all over the place, my first throw went for overthrows (As did some others), run delay obviously and they dropped everything. I didn’t get a chance. In part because the fielders stopped well short.

The players look okay in replays but in real-time they look like something I’d expect from a 90s game or yeah, something on your phone. The kits look like some skintight… errr, clothing.

Yes the HUD looks nice! It’s very clear.

I know people have asked about Tour but where is CUSTOM COMPETITION? Not create new, I mean actually custom one. If that’s gone!!!

I disabled stats but they still recorded. Bit worried about what I’ve read re: changing players names/faces etc and only names saving. I want to create loads but will it even be worth it for this game.

It’s just a Five5 (At night) and yes I’ve read/watched a lot (Influenced?) but am I going to play some of the thrilling Tests and even ODIs of past games? I don’t know!

Clean white menu screens are much better.

Apologies, a bit of an all over the place ramble. I have hope but can’t say that I’m convinced this is/will be an improvement.

Kind of regretting giving Cricket19 to my mate’s kid!

Okay, so I’ve played a second match in daylight and it’s better. Funny how opposition can’t catch but throw down the stumps with incredible regularity.

As people have mentioned, struggling to forward defence against pace but fine against spin. Really enjoyed executing pull shot in nets but in game I just keep ending up playing that sort of ramp shot.

I really don’t like the grey colour of the fielding bar. I’m struggling to decide bowling controls too. On Arcade the marker is like what I’m used to but small (Hurts eyes) and difficult to hold steady. Standard Legacy I can’t quite define the line but I stopped playing C19 a couple of months back so will figure it out.

I should probably point out that I’m exclusively playing the Big Ant derby (On Hard) and not proper teams. Bowlers all very slow. Might account for some elements of fielding etc.

I’m also struggling to tell whether or not I’m choosing to review. The first one threw my mind and now I don’t know which colour means selected... but that’s me being thick!

I like the 4 and 6 cut screen. The colours and lines are easy on the eye and active if you know what I mean.

Anyway, enough of the running commentary from me. Like I said, I have hope!

That IGN video where they talk about all cricket being 5-5 soon and wishing it were so was instructive. In the same way as The Hundred is a cricket tournament for people who hate cricket, this is a cricket game for people who hate cricket games.

Thankfully Ross has committed (in some way) to make it right Re. Academy on PC.

But I completely agree with the ill feeling as we were promised innovation, overhauls and the world and what we have is Cricket 19 in a piss poor beta stage and it's not good enough for a 5th bite of the cherry.

If i am playing in hard or hardest mode i cannot play big shots using Arcade control but i can play big shots in same difficulty using Pro control. Is it what anyone else is also facing or me only?

Hey everyone I've found a way to give licensed players their correct bats. Instead of editing it through the player creator, go into bat manager, click on the bat you want to assign and then click apply to player or whatever the command is. Tested this before on some West Indian players and it works.

I am facing a strange issue when timing the release of the ball using pacers (using standard legacy controls). On hard difficulty, with some bowlers I am just unable to get an Ideal release. I have only played test matches till now, and the ball release timing window just behaves a bit weird when I'm bowling as James Anderson or Stuart Broad. But Stokes/ Chris Woakes / Robinson are okay.

Could someone please comment if they have observed something similar or is it just me :/

Playing on Steam btw

Hey everyone I've found a way to give licensed players their correct bats. Instead of editing it through the player creator, go into bat manager, click on the bat you want to assign and then click apply to player or whatever the command is. Tested this before on some West Indian players and it works.
You can also assign multiple players the same bat without having to back out each time. Very quick

Thought of putting a good score after winning the toss, instead was trying my best to survive. Hard Difficulty is definitely hard.
Interested by this one. It's the red footwork that appears to be generating the edge, but you were getting forward, correctly, every time.

What was it about the footwork that was wrong?

Sorry, could be a bit of a noob question as I didn't have C19.

Interested by this one. It's the red footwork that appears to be generating the edge, but you were getting forward, correctly, every time.

What was it about the footwork that was wrong?

Sorry, could be a bit of a noob question as I didn't have C19.
On pro controls, footwork is a bit more difficult to get right I think, compared to arcade controls. I play on arcade so not 100% sure but I think, on pro controls, if the ball is far away from the batter's body, the left stick needs to be moved in the direction of the ball and not simply 12 o clock

Not 100% confident about this though....

first impressions of this game and it's so poor. the AI constantly hitting weird uppercut shots for 4 and 6 or straight to the wicket keeper who watches it bounce next to him. the fielders are worse than a ps1 cricket game and are constantly not reacting or running the ball over the boundary or overthrowing and the worst part for me, pressing the run button and watching the batsman finish his animaton for 5 seconds before setting off and getting run out from a shot that almost made the boundary.

the original DBC games were better than this, how have they made it so bad?

Users who are viewing this thread