Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Is PS4 facing frame rate issue? I feel I have that issue..game is good but without decent frame rate it is not that enjoyable. Any PS4 owners facing this issue?

donchadman

School Cricketer
Can someone here really get them to get the Day Zero ball physics back? Ross says that they weren't changed but they obviously were. So much crashing on the PS5 too, when you're using the Academy.

hadz2567

Club Captain
Can someone here really get them to get the Day Zero ball physics back? Ross says that they weren't changed but they obviously were. So much crashing on the PS5 too, when you're using the Academy.
I hope they can refer back to the day 1 version and figure out what has gone wrong or changed in regard to the bowling physics and revert back to that.

The bowling was just far superior to what it is now and it was just an overall better experience.

I would delete and install the game again without the updates just to play on the day 1 version for this very reason.

donchadman

School Cricketer

I hope they can refer back to the day 1 version and figure out what has gone wrong or changed in regard to the bowling physics and revert back to that.

The bowling was just far superior to what it is now and it was just an overall better experience.

I would delete and install the game again without the updates just to play on the day 1 version for this very reason.
Agreed.

Also, the commentary is laughable. So wrong. "I thought that was there to be hit, shouldn't have been a wide call" when it was clearly wide. And what's with the opponent appealing everytime they target the stumps? So annoying when you haven't even taken a run.

Cutscenes are whack too. No "head shake" of the umpire due to a wrong appeal. Glitched out cutscenes. Same ambient noises in the stadia as DBC17/Ashes/C19.

Man, so bad.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
41/0 after 20 overs in a trial test, im WI batting v NZ in Port of Spain, Legend AI, Hard/Hard.

Fielding is improved, overthrows cut right down, but still too many leg side balls from the AI to left handers over the wicket etc.

More thoughts to come.
Do the West Indies still have them stupid white caps?

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Despite all the negativity, I think I'm going to purchase the game. The questions is: PC or PS4? Any suggestions?

Laptop spec:

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
GTX 1660Ti Max-Q 6GB
16GB RAM

Cheers.-
I have similar specs, been running it on high settings with a solid 80-90 fps, so go for the steam version. There are a lot of performance-related complaints from old gen users.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I've been playing through some test matches and finding each innings all a bit the same, almost like each wicket is pre-determined. I feel like I can play each ball with ease, with timing not meaning much, never under any real pressure and then occasionally I will have a ball that I edge to the keeper. I think it would be a lot more interesting if there was a bit more variation.

I think that timing could be made much more important with early and late timing having a larger range of outcomes that at the same time would provide feedback on the timing of each shot even with the shot feedback on the HUD turned off. I was thinking something like this could work well and make each innings feel a bit more alive.

Early timing
-play and miss, opportunity for lbw or bowled
-hit in air, chance to be caught on circle
-hit in air, hit through gap in field
-hit in air, falls short of fielder on circle
-bat pad playing defensive against spinners

Late timing
-play and miss, opportunity for lbw or bowled
-inside edge to square leg/onto pads
-edge to keeper
-edge to slips
-edge drops short of slips
-edge through gap in slips to third man

There are many other outcomes you could add but the aim of this would simply be to make batting more variable, which at the moment I don't feel is. It could also be applied to the ai batting so bowling feels more involved rather than just bowling ball after ball waiting for a wicket to come.
Yet to keep an eye on this whilst batting however whilst bowling I'm noticing a pattern although I maybe wrong but since the mass patching begun the AI clobber me for about 20 overs and then I get a spell of 2/3 wickets, then more clobbering and then a final collapse of wickets. I need to test more but feels like there could be some pattern like AC17. In the four ODIs I've bowled I'm yet to get a team out and they've posted 338, 350, 250, 296..so the scores do seemed varied

@blockerdave @WealeyH was there any obvious scripting in C19? I vividly remember Ashes 17 having script when bowling in ODI (you'd get nicks etc a lot for first 10-15 then nothing until end)

Users who are viewing this thread