Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
This it would seem is pitch specific atm…

I can't say I've noticed the pitch being a factor with this at the moment. Played on a good variety of pitches in my career and have torn several teams apart because they keep on playing the leg flick/glance and get caught off the pad at leg slip or short leg. It's got to the point where I just won't put close catchers on the leg side because it's that bad. Then, funnily enough, they seem to stop glancing it into the pads. Flighted or normal deliveries can make it happen from what I've tested. I've not bowled many bounce deliveries to know if it happens with that as well.

EDIT - just to confirm that is with an off-spin bowler, but have had similar results with other spin bowlers.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@mikeyd204 I remember before DBC14 all the talk was about being different to the titles that came before especially in bowling and batting.. 14 felt promising but the progress in those departments has been scarce and to be frank not all that different to the EA games.

Bowling is identical to EA games, you press a button then press it again. I'm not a developer and can understand reinventing the wheel isn't easy but not necessary either... With the current system at least give us more options as a bowler instead of just out/in swing, cutter etc I feel there should be more control but I feel like for that to happen we will need a total physics overhaul (how ball interacts with AI and environment, feel extremely scripted atm)

Batting needs to be 360 simply put. Stuff like nudge shots etc would be great but hey-ho.

I think a lot of the stuff im saying is probably just due to how the engine works or some restrictions from that front as so many things feel buggy and out of place (wrong shots coming out when batting etc)
In terms of the bowling, are you playing with pro controls, because that’s completely different to EA and any other cricket game before the BA titles. Fair enough you press a button to choose your delivery type and the after touch doesn’t seem to be the best addition, but the use of the analog stick to determine foot landing and the line of the ball is pretty spot on

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I can't say I've noticed the pitch being a factor with this at the moment. Played on a good variety of pitches in my career and have torn several teams apart because they keep on playing the leg flick/glance and get caught off the pad at leg slip or short leg. It's got to the point where I just won't put close catchers on the leg side because it's that bad. Then, funnily enough, they seem to stop glancing it into the pads. Flighted or normal deliveries can make it happen from what I've tested. I've not bowled many bounce deliveries to know if it happens with that as well.

EDIT - just to confirm that is with an off-spin bowler, but have had similar results with other spin bowlers.
Flight is the culprit.. lower that and they become way less influential..

also the way pitches are .. they are made for spinners to be over powered.. no idea why

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Anyone else facing a bug where you can't edit your own line up when playing in tour mode??

I haven’t tried but this is the sort of thing that we expect now isn’t it?

This is why with anything in these games, I don’t rush in but experiment whilst allowing things to get fixed. That said, I started a Career knowing it would crash… and it did!

Hopefully they quickly address things like this if we raise support tickets and we can enjoy Tour/Competition Designer/Modes because they’re such fantastic features of the game.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Does anyone else feel like they get better value with offside shots when footwork is worse? I seem to score more when footwork is ok or poor.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Any one able to play the front footed straight aggressive shot (L2)... Whenever I try to play that shot, batsman leave the ball...

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Any one able to play the front footed straight aggressive shot (L2)... Whenever I try to play that shot, batsman leave the ball...

Are you accidentally pressing the leave button on the left stick at the same time as pushing it forward? I sometimes do that when playing an aggressive pull.

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I rasied a ticket for issue which Many of you would have noticed and few might have also reported it that is If we select bowler in career mode even medium fast bowlers always bowl over 145 and 150 which should only be the case with fast bowlers not medium fast I know this may not be important for many but it's kinda odd

Hanav Baxi

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Flight is the culprit.. lower that and they become way less influential..

also the way pitches are .. they are made for spinners to be over powered.. no idea why
I've set flight at 30 and still bat pads against an off spinner are common for me (even on grassy pitches with little or no crack). Should I try reducing the flight below 30?

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Off side shots works perfect in career mode but not in Competition or Play Now mode. Logged a ticket a week ago and even told Ross that I did. Now they are already saying that patches won’t be as frequent anymore. We are already moving in the direction of Cricket 19 that were incomplete. Such good foundations and they can’t execute or polish it off. We are heading to the third Ashes test and still the game is not up to par.

I still show my support but it’s getting frustrating when they do this over and over.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I've set flight at 30 and still bat pads against an off spinner are common for me (even on grassy pitches with little or no crack). Should I try reducing the flight below 30?
I've not had a single bat pad after bowling close to 100 overs with off spinner in career. I've not changed the bounce of pitch or ball at all. Flight is same. Spin revolution is increased.

Users who are viewing this thread