Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
:D:D anyone, please clear this one for me

I play only batting and most of the time in career mode (used to bowl in DBC14, in later games I personally didn't get that attachment to bowl an innings as I've got in 14)
considering this aspect, can I buy it or wait a few more days?
It depends on what platform. Xbox needs some updates. PS and PC are generally pretty good. From a batting perspective, things may get tweaked a little but the experience now (on PS and PC) is probably what we will end up with...particularly if you are primarily interested in Career Mode.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I’m playing an absolute humdinger of a match in my first Test (Against Uganda!) but the game just crashed for the first time in a while as Chris Woakes went for an involuntary wander after I aborted a run! Thanks Big Ant… saved me there!

Another 40 to get, chasing 240 at Headingley with debutante John Simpson alongside Woakes and only Matt Parkinson to come!

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Lack of edges is most worrying, because the one thing we’ve seen throughout all iterations of BA games is they ALWAYS script out certain dismissal types.

DBC14 had no edges. Bowleds were removed from DBC17. Ashes and C19 had no outfield catches. C22 seems to be little to no edges (again they’ve patched them out, because they were there before).

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
The AI also racked up 550/9 against me with the spinner grabbing 3/102 so it’s not an issue..

I'm genuinely glad it isn't an issue for you, but evidently, there is something odd going on if multiple people are reporting it. :) We've also seen people not getting any bat/pad catches at all or even the dreaded bat/boot catch. I've seen such a massive increase in both the bat/boot and flick/glance onto pads catch, so there's something in there that is going from one extreme to other. I can just not place close catchers, but having just come from Cricket 19 where I had to do the exact same thing, it's just a bit frustrating.

I figured I may as well throw a ticket in there for it. Hopefully, it'll get looked at.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Lack of edges is most worrying, because the one thing we’ve seen throughout all iterations of BA games is they ALWAYS script out certain dismissal types.

DBC14 had no edges. Bowleds were removed from DBC17. Ashes and C19 had no outfield catches. C22 seems to be little to no edges (again they’ve patched them out, because they were there before).
Yep - as i said in my seperate edges thread, im basically seeing none whatsoever - one once in 100 overs, if im lucky.

Theyve done something.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

I have had them.. but certainly rarer.. prob to compensate for outfield catches.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Seen less edges since the latest patch but still there. I do play with reduced ball friction (35) though.

Think we are getting there with the patches on Steam at least.

For me the two major immersion breaking issues are still 1. too many direct hits from the outfield and 2. off side AI choice of shots.

Looking forward to the Stadium Creator when that is available.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
As someone who invested a lot of time into FIFA over the years with a small community of dedicated guys trying to make the game more realistic through sliders and trying to influence EA to make a more realistic game I just wanted to add my two cents. C22 has been frustrating, I understand, but I will say this...do not take for granted the access they give with Bruce etc. He might give frustrating answers etc, but I do not believe he is acting in bad faith and abuse will just shut down a good pipeline to get info back to the developers and game designers. We lost that with FIFA when the social media managers got so much abuse they had to deactivate social media and what they replaced it with is a one way pipeline of info to us with no discussion back. And it is worse for trying to influence the game.

C22 has flaws and clearly was rushed out for the Ashes series which I really do believe was not in BAs control. Getting a small dev to pump out 15-18 patches or whatever it is over a month is unheard of, getting them to put features back that were called for, unheard of. Trust me you do not want a monolith like EA making a niche game like Cricket. I also think that unfortunately as the last year of Game Dev has shown making games for two next gen, two last gen and PC all at the same time comes at a cost even for huge companies. Give Bruce constructive feedback but spamming him with abuse will just lead to a worse game for all of us.
Well said sir

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
abuse will just shut down a good pipeline to get info back to the developers and game designers. We lost that with FIFA when the social media managers got so much abuse they had to deactivate social media and what they replaced it with is a one way pipeline of info to us with no discussion back.
That already happens in here... Ross and few BA members are super active during DBC 14 & 17, after you can guess what happened...

dancdarocker

School Cricketer
Does anyone know how to unequip long sleeves ? I’ve tried to play India vs England test match series at Lords in Summer but all players wear long sleeves ?

Users who are viewing this thread