Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Nashefc

School Cricketer
Yes, go to My games & apps, see all, find cricket 22 and press more options. (Button with three lines) and select manage game and add-ons. It’ll tell you the version there. Currently 1.1.13.0.
If you have auto update on and the Xbox on standby when off, it’ll just do it when available.
Great info! So are we due an upgrade then? According to Ross on Twitter it’s was supposed to run yesterday?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can anyone tell me how to make AI set the fields created by me?

AmanT94

School Cricketer
That has been an issue since dawn of cricket games, AI has always had lack of situational/match awareness. Can only assume it’s a minefield to program?
I guess if having a reactive AI is difficult to program then have the AI chose from a certain number of fields and and for each field the AI bowls on a certain line with slight variances and keep the random lengths and have the odd one stray depending on skill/stamina, for example if its a 7/2 off side field then they bowl it outside off stump i guess and also make shot selection more unforgiving so that you can't whip a ball from outside of stump through backward square or you can't hit a ball through wide mid off from a really wide half volley like you have to hit squarer because of the line.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Completely agree. Very similar experience in my last match - run rate about 2.9 over 130-odd overs and tons of maidens.

Didn’t reduce skills as methodically as you so will go back and adjust.

Still had the number 9 morphs into Bradman issue though!!
But I also feel the top order resistance needs to get better.. They get out easily than tailenders.. Yes good deliveries are needed but even then the game could be made in a way that they wanna see off sessions when its doing something than going for the trigger shots everytime its in the region where the shot is made to be played for a boundary or something..

Its generally top 5 wickets I feel you get very easily..

Wealey

ICC Board Member
But I also feel the top order resistance needs to get better.. They get out easily than tailenders.. Yes good deliveries are needed but even then the game could be made in a way that they wanna see off sessions when its doing something than going for the trigger shots everytime its in the region where the shot is made to be played for a boundary or something..

Its generally top 5 wickets I feel you get very easily..

In fairness in my 3 Ashes tests:

Warner 1 x 100
Harris 1 x 100
Smith 3 x 100
Marnus 2 x 50

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
EDBA615A-53B0-4F0D-AD42-116722E6FF1D.jpeg
Finally my day 2 ended…. Eng managed to score 636 a.o and in reply Aus did 86 a.o and 3/82 ….

Observation:
- worst ever Test AI batting in all BAS iterations so far. You just need 4 fielders (leg slip, 2nd slip, silly point & shory leg) then any batting lineup will give u catches even bowler attacking by root
- aus gave 90+ extras in his own home ground … omg
- while fielding untill your batter scored 80 runs u r free to score anywhere

i wish if any one from BA can see this and comment what type of AI strategy they gave in this game. Seriously they just spoiled the game whose standard was set high by themselves in previous games. At moment AI test game is extremely pathetic or i would say rather broken even t20 & odi AI is far better.

difficulty is hardest/pro. Bat & bowl also hardest with factor of 10 & 30 respectively.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Is there a work around to adding fielding glasses to licensed players? Trying to get some of the aussies in shades.

Maximus

Club Captain
I'm pretty sure this was as issue in Cricket 19, but there doesn't appear to be 'Umpire's Call' on the pitch of the ball. As a result you get situations like this where a millimetre of the ball was in line so was counted as fully in line.

I'm no DRS expert but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like this in real life, although happy to be corrected if it is.

Here's an example - was a lefty by the way - I don't see how this is classed as pitching in line?

Attachments

• pitching in line.jpg
    pitching in line.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 17

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I'm pretty sure this was as issue in Cricket 19, but there doesn't appear to be 'Umpire's Call' on the pitch of the ball. As a result you get situations like this where a millimetre of the ball was in line so was counted as fully in line.

I'm no DRS expert but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like this in real life, although happy to be corrected if it is.

Here's an example - was a lefty by the way - I don't see how this is classed as pitching in line?
I’ve had to have a check online and umpires call is in play for the pitch of the ball. So in your example it looks like it looks outside leg. However, if the umpire gave it out and it’s umpires call because they can’t tell either the way, then it would be inline. That’s why I think it says inline because the umpire has given it out and it is an umpires call even though it doesn’t say that. Hmm does that make sense ?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Been meaning to post this for a while as I've seen a lot of people say the AI bowls legside a lot. I don't find this to be the case and they even bowl to their field. I usually get a lot of outside off and straight with the odd ball more leg side. Could it be mode dependent?

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
Been meaning to post this for a while as I've seen a lot of people say the AI bowls legside a lot. I don't find this to be the case and they even bowl to their field. I usually get a lot of outside off and straight with the odd ball more leg side. Could it be mode dependent?
In test matches, left arm bowler to RHB or right arm bowler to LHB is broken. They bowl down leg side and its too easy to hit 4s with the field they set up

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In test matches, left arm bowler to RHB or right arm bowler to LHB is broken. They bowl down leg side and its too easy to hit 4s with the field they set up
Test Match AI is completely broken atm, i wish if sponsors play the game vs AI in test match before release. i lost my interest to play test match game till shots improvement patch arrives. Lets hope that patch will bring game more balanced & challenging AI instead dumb AI & further damage this unfinished game.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I guess if having a reactive AI is difficult to program then have the AI chose from a certain number of fields and and for each field the AI bowls on a certain line with slight variances and keep the random lengths and have the odd one stray depending on skill/stamina, for example if its a 7/2 off side field then they bowl it outside off stump i guess and also make shot selection more unforgiving so that you can't whip a ball from outside of stump through backward square or you can't hit a ball through wide mid off from a really wide half volley like you have to hit squarer because of the line.

Even big name sports have shitty AI at times, even in what you'd think are pretty basic set plays.

E.g. in NHL games when you are on the penalty kill (down a player) you'll typically not attack much, and just play 100% (or 90%) defence. The game has that. But when you are down by a goal with 1 minute to go, you say fearsome tweak it and attack anyway... yet in the game they'll still pretty much defend.

Having said though, AI in cricket games is still poor :(

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys

On my fifth BA cricket game and Test matches in this one have finally made me play around with Custom Difficulties.

I’ve been reading the sliders thread and appreciate that this info is probably staring me in the face but…

I started a Test using my custom difficulty and have since tinkered with that difficulty mid-saved Test. Will the rest of the Test be played using my original amendments or the ones that I’ve since made? It’s just so that I know what numbers I’m judging the bounce/run rate etc against?

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread