Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

My community is still just on ‘downloading teams’ loading page for Xbox is everyone still having this issue? It’s getting worse lol

My community is still just on ‘downloading teams’ loading page for Xbox is everyone still having this issue? It’s getting worse lol
To be honest this game is a real disappointment. I bought it pre-release in Oct. Still I don’t get a feeling that it is anywhere near fit for purpose to play good cricket. For Now I’m switching back to C19. Broken patches shows how good BA team is at testing job.

You need remedies like either you go for team then options then download best or you download logos update kit urself in parallel download players via searching with gamertag llewelynf

Are people batting with pro or arcade controls? I have always used pro but maybe arcade are better in the latest iteration, particularly with that offside issue?

Yup, just tried to download Waste's Bangladesh, filled out as many of the search criteria as I could. I exited after 15 minutes of searching. No crash though, which I guess is a plus?

Edit:
Just tried searching for Trending players, worked fine... I guess one of those things where turn it off then on again works huh? Good on BA for bringing the 90's back.

Edit#2: Nope. Teams don't load. But individual playfaced players do..

Last edited:
Hi can anyone explane what visual means for pace and spin ,

it goes from 0 to 100 please . its in the settings . Happy New year to all.

Can you actually get stumped/ stumpings with/against spin?

That's something that has been broken since cricket 19. They almost nailed it in past iterations just needed to add in a reach back in with the back foot animation if u weren't completely beaten/still balanced at the crease as a variant to the u turn and reach back in with the bat. Now the back foot stays planted regardless of how hard u go at the ball playing front foot shots, which defys physics. The back foot doesn't drag at all.

Now there's no consequence to using the aggressive shot modifiers and missing the ball against spin. Pre cricket 19 iterations u had to keep an eye on the back foot when u missed playing aggressive shots hit cancel run to get back in the crease or risk getting stumped. Also bowling with spin u could drag batsmen out the crease and get batsmen stumped.

Seems this issue hasn't been addressed at all in cricket 22

Also commentary could be toned down u don't need commentary every ball. Something like every 1st, 3rd and 6th ball of every over would be better with the only overide for the other balls being if it's a wicket, batsmen scores a 50/100, hattrick ball, winning run/wicket. Also have one commentator commenentating a delivery instead of the two saying the same thing twice. Reduce occurance of feed back lines as they occur far too often for example for mistimed and play and misses and increase occurance of lines that purely call the play.

That's something that has been broken since cricket 19. They almost nailed it in past iterations just needed to add in a reach back in with the back foot animation if u weren't completely beaten/still balanced at the crease as a variant to the u turn and reach back in with the bat. Now the back foot stays planted regardless of how hard u go at the ball playing front foot shots, which defys physics. The back foot doesn't drag at all.

Now there's no consequence to using the aggressive shot modifiers and missing the ball against spin. Pre cricket 19 iterations u had to keep an eye on the back foot when u missed playing aggressive shots hit cancel run to get back in the crease or risk getting stumped. Also bowling with spin u could drag batsmen out the crease and get batsmen stumped.

Also commentary could be toned down u don't need commentary every ball. Something like every 1st, 3rd and 6th ball of every over would be better with the only overide for the other balls being if it's a wicket, batsmen scores a 50/100, hattrick ball, winning run/wicket. Also have one commentator commenentating a delivery instead of the two saying the same thing twice. Reduce occurance of feed back lines as they occur far too often for example for mistimed and play and misses and increase occurance of lines that purely call the play.
I have played approx 150 hours of Cricket 22 and not seen a single stumping. Other games prior to C19 had this - this is unforgivable and immersion breaking.

With the day one patch I got couple of nice realistic looking stumpings. Unfortunately the patches after that broke it. At this stage it is fielding, off side batting, wicket keeper, deadeye run-out and academy that is broken. Will just have to pray and wait patiently for the next patches to fix all of this. Game is still playable.

Yes i did have a couple of stumpings against me though came down crease pressed returned button but batsman just didn't move at all so lucky AI . I never had one of my own bowling however i had batsman play a backfoot shot foot in the air although in crease bails taken off not out his foots in the air he should be out NOT GIVEN by umpire happened several times. even though he is in the crease when the bails are taken off foots in the air as i said , oh well would be nice to have them back like before as you say. Also the commentary i agree with you hopefully as David Gower is was in Melbourne commentating For BT sport Alison Mitchell commentating For channel 7 and Michael Atherton out In Australia you have 3 of the 5 commentator's out there hopefully they met up with Big ant and done some more lines that they have improved them and it actually makes sense when playing I heard Atherton a beautiful straight drive when I've flicked the ball of my legs for a leg glance. or such a tight game when i won by 100 runs

Users who are viewing this thread