Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

I have played approx 150 hours of Cricket 22 and not seen a single stumping. Other games prior to C19 had this - this is unforgivable and immersion breaking.
I agree, ruins the feel of spin bowling /batting against spin.

The biggest difference between pace and spin is that the keeper is up to the stumps which made footwork/shot selection more critical against spin. Past iterations nailed that distinction. Now there's zero consequence when using aggressive shot modifiers and missing the ball and there's no need to monitor the back foot.

Also spin bowling there's no reward for dragging the batsmen out of the crease, beating batsmen off the pitch or through the air.

Really Neutralises the different feel of batting against spin vs pace

Last edited:
I agree, ruins the feel of spin bowling /batting against spin.

Biggest difference between pace and spin is the keeper up to the stumps which made footwork/shot selection more critical against spin. Past iterations nailed that distinction. Now there's zero consequences to using aggressive shot modifiers and missing ball and no need to monitor the back foot.

Also spin bowling there's no reward for Dragging the batsmen out of the crease, beating batsmen off the pitch, through the air.

Really Neutralises the different feel of batting against spin vs pace
I got stumped about 2 hours ago in a test match. I didn’t advance either. Was a yorker length so thought I’d go over the top, miss timed it and my back foot dragged out the crease, couldn’t get back in time, gone

I think I got the SA, India fully downloaded with correct play faces and jerseys. Was wondering if anybody got Pakistan team play faced yet? I see a few but are very limited.

I have played approx 150 hours of Cricket 22 and not seen a single stumping. Other games prior to C19 had this - this is unforgivable and immersion breaking.
As per new rules by BAS there is no stumping, no hit wicket, human can score only leg side, deep fielders will watch and see boundaries instead fielding and AI in games are now scripted

happy new year
Post automatically merged:

Thats bug which i faced as well and i dont think its stumping
I got stumped about 2 hours ago in a test match. I didn’t advance either. Was a yorker length so thought I’d go over the top, miss timed it and my back foot dragged out the crease, couldn’t get back in time, gone

Is it a coincidence that the AI bowl 95% of their deliveries on the off side now that it is broken? Poor scripting in my opinion. BA will have to release another 20 patches if they are aiming to get it on par. Another 3 months maybe.

It's of no use in posting here, please raise a ticket and then another ticket in support forums. They will notice
Already raised more than 10 tickets but none has addressed so far.

As per new rules by BAS there is no stumping, no hit wicket, human can score only leg side, deep fielders will watch and see boundaries instead fielding and AI in games are now scripted

happy new year
Post automatically merged:

Thats bug which i faced as well and i dont think its stumping
Why would that be a bug? I was stumped fairly and if you play cricket you know that your back foot would likely move when playing a big shot. Had I have been deeper in my crease to start off, I think I would have been safe. If anything this is a positive, we know the AI doesn’t advance so this could be the only way we can get stumpings as well……maybe

Is it a coincidence that the AI bowl 95% of their deliveries on the off side now that it is broken? Poor scripting in my opinion. BA will have to release another 20 patches if they are aiming to get it on par. Another 3 months maybe.

I can tell you with confidence, nothing has changed in terms of AI bowling lines.

Why would that be a bug? I was stumped fairly and if you play cricket you know that your back foot would likely move when playing a big shot. Had I have been deeper in my crease to start off, I think I would have been safe. If anything this is a positive, we know the AI doesn’t advance so this could be the only way we can get stumpings as well……maybe
Good that it is possible to get stumpings from back foot movement but the AI should do advance shots - either this is a bug or it is not working as intended. I don't really understand how this feature could be implemented pretty well in previous features of the game and now is broken.

I've raised a ticket with BA so hopefully they can look at it when they review the batting in a future patch - but hopefully others can raise too as this in my view is a fundamental part of the game and it's omission is immersion breaking.

Good that it is possible to get stumpings from back foot movement but the AI should do advance shots - either this is a bug or it is not working as intended. I don't really understand how this feature could be implemented pretty well in previous features of the game and now is broken.

I've raised a ticket with BA so hopefully they can look at it when they review the batting in a future patch - but hopefully others can raise too as this in my view is a fundamental part of the game and it's omission is immersion breaking.
I've raised a ticket too, hopefully it gets addressed this time. I did it back for cricket 19 too but it was never addressed.

The feature is broken, crease awareness against spin used to be a feature. If u wondered out of the crease u had hit cancel run to get back in time before the keeper stumped you. It is the same animation for when u cancel a run u turn and reach in with bat.

Haven't had to cancel to get back in the crease against spin since cricket 19 nor have I seen the Ai do it since.

In my case i even pressed back crease key but nothing happened and batsman keep staying out of crease so before keeper hitting ball to wicket if ur back crease key unfunctional even on pressing i think thats a bug.

Has anyone played 100 tournament so far, i started today and what i noticed attack bowler bowled 20 balls in one go …. Has rules changed bcoz I remember bowler can max bowl 10 balls in one go and then other bowler will must come …

Users who are viewing this thread