Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After todays patch on xbox play faces and eyebrows of downloaded player has been gone….

Abcd9994

Club Captain
It would be good to know which fielding/running cameras you are using - as sometimes these things at the exact combo. But it'll be something that gets looked in to.
Thanks for the response!

Batting (bowling)/ running (fielding) cam:
Broadcast 1/ Broadcast 3
Broadcast 2/Broadcast 3
Fixed far/ Broadcast 3

I can definitely say that these combos have the jerk at the point the batter hits the ball, but that was not the case in cricket 19- it feels very smooth in that game. I think all broadcast cams have this issue. The only combo I could find that was okay was when I put running camera as "Fielding 3" but that's not a broadcast angle, and so I usually don't play with it.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You mean selecting team in competition?
I think he or myself is more looking for play tournament “As a Team” where we dont need to simulate other teams matches by own.

that was one of good feature of C19

Last edited:

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@MattW This is regarding powerplays issue in match type designer. I know that we can make a copy of existing match types and edit powerplays. But this doesnt work if we create match types with 30 overs or 25 overs. Can you look into the powerplays issue and prioritize it if possible. I hope its a minor issue and doesnt need lot of time to work on.
Plz use below remedy to play ListA game less than 50 overs

- Fix for power play bug is as below
If you want to edit listA type match. E.g: i want 35 over intl game
1. Adjust power play overs like fixed are 2, 1st from 1 to 7 with 2 outfielders, 2nd from 29 to 35 with 5 outfielders
2. Adjust closure A inns to 35 then B inns to 35
3. Adjust no of overs to 70 from 100
In this way power play count stays there along with you can play odi of less than 50 overs

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I think he or myself is more looking for play tournament “As a Team” where we dont need to simulate other teams matches by own.

that was one of good feature of C19
I would love to have play as a team and play as a player in a custom tournament. I wish Big Ant took feedback from the creators for new game modes.

Right now, I'd be happy to get back all the modes that were in Cricket 19.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Hi @MattW ,

Majority of the players have been supporting big ant despite this terrible release. But game brining in new patches and new issues has been a recurring thing. We are not beta testers to sit and report hundreds of bugs with every patch. Even after a month game still has many issues and tons of stuff to be implemented which was promised.

How do you expect us to play game when has issues like below?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Today's patch is out...

Stupid question but do all these gameplay changes in new patch affect current , saved career mode ?

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks for the response!

Batting (bowling)/ running (fielding) cam:
Broadcast 1/ Broadcast 3
Broadcast 2/Broadcast 3
Fixed far/ Broadcast 3

I can definitely say that these combos have the jerk at the point the batter hits the ball, but that was not the case in cricket 19- it feels very smooth in that game. I think all broadcast cams have this issue. The only combo I could find that was okay was when I put running camera as "Fielding 3" but that's not a broadcast angle, and so I usually don't play with it.
I usually use
1. Broadcast 1 / Fixed Far / Fixed Close for batting. The Broadcast 1 shows the bowler's whole body, the whole runup, the Fixed Far/Close is by name, Fixed- only shows the bowler when they get close to the crease i.e. the jump part.
2. Broadcast 3 for running.

I feel these are the camera settings that produce broadcast style of viewing that I guess most people would like. But the point is actually not about the view, it's more about how the camera transitions when batter hits the ball. The broadcast style cameras (or any other camera really) basically follows the ball. However, currently if you play a shot (in Cricket 22), there is a jerk in the camera (this happens I guess because the camera is programmed to follow the ball all the time, so when the batter hits it, the ball's trajectory changes abruptly and hence there's a jerk movement in the camera which is trying to track the ball).

If I may suggest, please look at this video from Cricket 19:

You'll see in the above video animation/transition is so smooth, makes batting look beautiful.

This one from Cricket 22:

Here, the transition is not smooth.

I hope I'm making sense! It's transition after playing a shot- that's what I'm talking about. Was smooth in C19, not smooth in C22
Post automatically merged:

Fielder forgets to throw the ball- that's happened with me day before yesterday although I play on Steam.
I think the video you posted earlier should be helpful for mattw to understand the problem.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi @MattW ,

Majority of the players have been supporting big ant despite this terrible release. But game brining in new patches and new issues has been a recurring thing. We are not beta testers to sit and report hundreds of bugs with every patch. Even after a month game still has many issues and tons of stuff to be implemented which was promised.

How do you expect us to play game when has issues like below?

Someone should take a look at these kind of issues. These are real deal breakers atleast for some of us. I am really annoyed with the way they broke the playfaces. People need to wait for a patch to come out and then need to test it as if they are paying us. We are forgetting to enjoy a game which we paid for. Absolutely ridiculous Big Ant. You guys have to get your priorities straight. Ross is gonna come out and say about the weekend thing and most likely we will have to wait until next week to play with playfaces.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would love to have play as a team and play as a player in a custom tournament. I wish Big Ant took feedback from the creators for new game modes.

Right now, I'd be happy to get back all the modes that were in Cricket 19.
Strange thing is BA releasing new title at-least they have this gaming knowledge to include all previous game features and from that point, you offer something new like stadium creator of C22. I was great supporter of BA in critics point of view but looks like they dont want to keep any sort of supporters with them.

Like in this title they removed all good features of C19 and till date we are keep requesting to plz bring 3 years old features back to so called next gen cricket game. How sad and disappointing it is.

Users who are viewing this thread