Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Not necessarily Cricket 22, but thought it might be worth a read as it features Ross:

Personally, I think streaming can get in the bin (until they solve latency and input lag - I'd still avoid streaming anyway tbh). Having said that, if graphics cards continue to cost a small fortune then streaming might get a leg up by default. But the one thing that is guaranteed is subscriptions starting low then a few years later they're about 400% more than what someone was paying originally.

Exactly right. The AI has gone backwards not forwards. It used to be quite realistic. They'd leave good balls, score off bad balls. Not leave 5 balls then MUST score however possible off last ball. Shouldn't need to tinker with sliders to try and alleviate this a bit. They should just bat normal. It's a similar thing now with bowling. Doesn't matter if you get ideal input and a great ball or whether it's poor input and a rubbish ball. Both have equal chance of getting a wicket.
Post automatically merged:

AI realism is the most important thing for a cricket game and it's gone backwards.
I reduced the AI run rate to 30 and got a better and more realistic test match experience, but the AI is still robotic. In a whole session I failed to get a single maiden. In the first overs the AI were consistently getting two per over whatever I did, then three and then four. It's better if you tweak sliders but it still seems scripted with multiple runs still scored off the last ball if you've bowled five dots in a row.

I've also noticed if you've had a good over (only conceded 2 when the AI "expected" 3) the first ball of the next over will invariably go for at least two runs. The only exception is if you make a bowling change.

The basic maths behind the game seems poor - which again begs the question why was it better in earlier iterations?

This post is a bit over the top really. If you compare what this current cricket game has to achieve compared to cricket games from 20 years+ ago, there are obviously hundreds of factors and details more going on in this game. The attempt to bring more realistic physics is a very complex one for starters, the various camera angles, the variety of deliveries, the range of shots, the edges, the stadiums, custom stadiums, players, logos, customisable game physics and difficulties, downloadable creations from others, customisable match types and lengths. The list could seriously go on for a while.

All this within pretty close to the most complex sport to turn into a video game that there is, which has three different official versions (t20, odi, test) and nowadays women's versions of all three. The rules of cricket down to tiny details like the width or height of a wide or what constitutes a no ball are many and then you have to have all three key areas batting, bowling and fielding all working together properly. Does Fifa have as much to worry about detail wise? Does it have the same budget?

Have some perspective. Yes, given how many versions they've released the start has been poor and disappointing, but they are improving the game and to say they should be personally embarrassed to a level where their staff coming on here should be thought to feel that, is to me a step too far.

These are the only people on this planet making an in-depth version of the sport I assume you love.
Couldn't agree more Mr Snrub.

Not necessarily Cricket 22, but thought it might be worth a read as it features Ross:

Personally, I think streaming can get in the bin (until they solve latency and input lag - I'd still avoid streaming anyway tbh). Having said that, if graphics cards continue to cost a small fortune then streaming might get a leg up by default. But the one thing that is guaranteed is subscriptions starting low then a few years later they're about 400% more than what someone was paying originally.
I have a lot to say on this subject but I won't.

I can't seem to get any wickets in this game. In T20 and ODI, I find it hard. Will need to work on my sliders and the physics section, wicket chance slider doesn't seem to work much for me. Slightly annoying, but hoping things get better.

I can't seem to get any wickets in this game. In T20 and ODI, I find it hard. Will need to work on my sliders and the physics section, wicket chance slider doesn't seem to work much for me. Slightly annoying, but hoping things get better.

Yeah, does Wicket Chance actually do what it says? I mean, if it’s set to 95 then we should easily take wickets (Or them throw their wicket away) but if it was 10 then it should be difficult. I just spent 150 overs in the field against an evenly rated team with WC set at 70!

Combined with a slow/realistic run rate bowling becomes a chore, which is a shame because I’ve always preferred bowling in Big Ant games and found batting to sometimes become the chore. Now I’m enjoying batting more, though just played a match on Hard that straddled patches. First innings seemed much more challenging/real but after patch second innings was like Medium/Arcade cricket!

@MattW Could you guys please bring out a hotfix for the current fielding problems. Too many overthrows and the keeper not catching the ball. It is literally difficult to get a good game in the current state. A patch to fix this before Wednesday would be appreciated

@MattW Could you guys please bring out a hotfix for the current fielding problems. Too many overthrows and the keeper not catching the ball. It is literally difficult to get a good game in the current state. A patch to fix this before Wednesday would be appreciated
It's really weird how different the bugs are on each console,just goes to show what a difficult job BA have got.
Since the last patch on Wednesday i've played 60 overs,and it's the first time i've never had any overthrows.

and which platform are you on? Im having a fantastic time on PS5
It's really weird how different the bugs are on each console,just goes to show what a difficult job BA have got.
Since the last patch on Wednesday i've played 60 overs,and it's the first time i've never had any overthrows.

Yeah, does Wicket Chance actually do what it says? I mean, if it’s set to 95 then we should easily take wickets (Or them throw their wicket away) but if it was 10 then it should be difficult. I just spent 150 overs in the field against an evenly rated team with WC set at 70!

Combined with a slow/realistic run rate bowling becomes a chore, which is a shame because I’ve always preferred bowling in Big Ant games and found batting to sometimes become the chore. Now I’m enjoying batting more, though just played a match on Hard that straddled patches. First innings seemed much more challenging/real but after patch second innings was like Medium/Arcade cricket!
Just to check, which innings of the match were you in?

I think the slider does work, but I feel it's also tied to a number of other factors, such as the progress of a game, pitch wear, difficulty etc, it isn't just an isolated slider.

Just to check, which innings of the match were you in?

I think the slider does work, but I feel it's also tied to a number of other factors, such as the progress of a game, pitch wear, difficulty etc, it isn't just an isolated slider.

This was their first innings (Batting second). I’ve had more variables in limited overs including ODIs where for example, I’ve ripped through a team but not done so in the next game… which is absolutely fine but in Tests I’ve really struggled to rip through a side (Playing on Hard/Veteran with few adjustments now). Though I’ve played five/six Tests (On or about Medium/Pro) I’ve been tinkering all the time and managed to set pretty big totals. I’m interested to see how this one goes when they bat last chasing prob 300-350 with plenty of time. I know a lot of people feel the AI tend to chase comfortably. Think I’m playing on a dry standard pitch.

This was their first innings (Batting second). I’ve had more variables in limited overs including ODIs where for example, I’ve ripped through a team but not done so in the next game… which is absolutely fine but in Tests I’ve really struggled to rip through a side (Playing on Hard/Veteran with few adjustments now). Though I’ve played five/six Tests (On or about Medium/Pro) I’ve been tinkering all the time and managed to set pretty big totals. I’m interested to see how this one goes when they bat last chasing prob 300-350 with plenty of time. I know a lot of people feel the AI tend to chase comfortably. Think I’m playing on a dry standard pitch.
Dry Standard is, I think, intended as a pretty flat pitch.

I assume it’s an adjuster, not an absolute slider. If default is 50 I assume that means you’re not adjusting the “base” WC variable (determined by pitch, weather, ball condition etc.).

If you set the slider over 50 that will be increasing the base variable, under 50 you’ll be reducing it.

This is my assumption for all sliders. You’re setting the adjustment of the base +\- not setting an absolute value.

Users who are viewing this thread