Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW I usually don't tag anyone and bother them, but I would really really like to know when are we gonna get a solution to the aggressive ground shots not working at all. 9/10 times aggressive ground shots are played like normal aggresive shots and results in getting out caught like trying to hit 6.
So, basically, the option is unusable
I tried to look into this - every aggressive ground shot I played with good/ideal timing went along the ground, while mistimed ones resulted in lofts - which to me sounds fair enough that if you don't time it well, that's the risk with the 'aggressive' grounded shot. If you are timing correctly and getting normal shots? If so, would like a video to give me an example.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I tried to look into this - every aggressive ground shot I played with good/ideal timing went along the ground, while mistimed ones resulted in lofts - which to me sounds fair enough that if you don't time it well, that's the risk with the 'aggressive' grounded shot. If you are timing correctly and getting normal shots? If so, would like a video to give me an example.
Mistiming part is accurate, I also like when you mistime any shot, it should create a catching chance... But mistiming of aggressive grounded shot height is questionable, it need to be lower in height...

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Try the same shot with less skilled batsmen and it will trigger correctly and you will either miss the ball or edge it , the better the batsmen the AI adjust his shot according to the delivery
How much should be the overall skill of the batter? 70 or 60 or < 50?

Ragz

Club Cricketer
But should every mistimed aggressive shot go up in the air?

In reality, the only aggressive shot that goes up in the air when played late is the pull shot I guess. Otherwise, most other shots which go up in the air are due to batsman being deceived by the pace of the ball and playing it 'early'.

On playing 'late', the batsman generally ends up edging it or missing it completely.

But in cricket 22, for example when the batsman plays a flick late, the ball lobs up in the air towards mid on in spite of him having closed the bat face late which should have resulted in an inside edge or lbw instead. Same applies to other shots as well.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned

In reality, the only aggressive shot that goes up in the air when played late is the pull shot I guess. Otherwise, most other shots which go up in the air are due to batsman being deceived by the pace of the ball and playing it 'early'.

On playing 'late', the batsman generally ends up edging it or missing it completely.

But in cricket 22, for example when the batsman plays a flick late, the ball lobs up in the air towards mid on in spite of him having closed the bat face late which should have resulted in an inside edge or lbw instead. Same applies to other shots as well.

BigAnt cricket games have always had this the other way around and it carried over to this game too unfortunately.

Late timed shots go up in the air which is incorrect as that outcome is normally against ‘early’ timed shots in real life. But it’s the other way around in big ant cricket and has been so with multiple iterations.

Hopefully it’s resolved in this game via some patch

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I only play T20 as I just don't have the time.
Bowling maidens in T20. That's rare even in real life. Even the best bowlers gives couple of runs in their overs atleast.
Post automatically merged:

Just tried the Run rate at 18 in a test match and have to say it’s the first time I’ve felt like a playing a proper test. Can’t remember who mentioned it but cheers
Good to know you are enjoying it buddy.

Fc - 18
Odi - 36
T20 - 45 to 54 based on your experience.. I would say this as the most real life simulation like based on my experience.

Rahul Rants

School Cricketer
I understand, however even mistimed shots going miles up in the air is not realistic at all. I can understand ball going slightly up and getting caught but here the balls go up high in the air till boundary rope , which is not possible even when u mistime an aggressive ground shot.

Tx for the reply:)
@MattW

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
My last test match I reduced Striker timing to 1 and wicket chance to 60. Still the AI smashed me all over the park. I bowled about 60-65 overs with not a single edge, not even a chance of a wicket. AI lost one wicket due to a silly runout.
Whats your AI run rate?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW
This is the shot I was talking about. I tried to play front foot squarecut here thinking that the ball was going away. But the ball came back in and an automatic drive shot is triggered regardless of my input.

One more example where i tried to play shot between cover and point.

Same happened with me several times with top order or lower order batsman.

I think its a feature not bug ….

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Same happened with me several times with top order or lower order batsman.

I think its a feature not bug ….
Exactly otherwise it will be impossible to play the game and it will become a guessing game whether the ball is coming in or moving away , Tailenders normally don't play replacement shot more often and it's because of their lack of skills which i think is great , surely you can't have Babar or Virat playing n missing or edging every 3rd delivery because you guess the swing wrong.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Bowling maidens in T20. That's rare even in real life. Even the best bowlers gives couple of runs in their overs atleast.
Post automatically merged:

Good to know you are enjoying it buddy.

Fc - 18
Odi - 36
T20 - 45 to 54 based on your experience.. I would say this as the most real life simulation like based on my experience.

T20s and T10s I have set at 40 and 45 which is breeding fair scores. Tests is a little inconsistent with patches but 20 generally has AI moving at 2.5 to 3.0 rpo.

Do you find 35 okay for ODIs? What totals are AI getting?

I’m finding they plod along a bit then explode in last ten. This is a bit like C19 I think. Even if the batsmen are classed as aggressive, they seem to start the innings in quite an old fashioned manner. I’m playing against weaker teams but my own created team isn’t rated much higher and like I say, AI are posting decent totals in shortest formats.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

What should be the result, if we played lately on poor feedback?

Users who are viewing this thread