Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Since patch 1.28 on PS4 ( still no idea what was in it ) batting seems to have gone back to onside dominated gameplay , I cannot hit through covers without edging behind , particularly against spinners , I wonder if anyone else has similar issues to this ?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Since patch 1.28 on PS4 ( still no idea what was in it ) batting seems to have gone back to onside dominated gameplay , I cannot hit through covers without edging behind , particularly against spinners , I wonder if anyone else has similar issues to this ?
I could be wrong but in my experience I was able to play to off side against spinners. Edging happens when I play the wrong angle.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I could be wrong but in my experience I was able to play to off side against spinners. Edging happens when I play the wrong angle.
You are right but I also feel they are too overpowered, to the point its a guaranteed edge 8/10, if I get anything less than 'good' footwork (even on ideal timed shots).
Against pace this is not as punishing, as it is against spin I feel.

It has been this way since Cricket 19, so hoping they can strike a balance between Challenging and Unplayable..

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
You are right but I also feel they are too overpowered, to the point its a guaranteed edge 8/10, if I get anything less than 'good' footwork (even on ideal timed shots).
Against pace this is not as punishing, as it is against spin I feel.

It has been this way since Cricket 19, so hoping they can strike a balance between Challenging and Unplayable..
My difficulty levels could be lower than yours. Hence I like this spin challenge as I have always thought that spinners really isn't threatening as fast bowlers in the game.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks, I think with better footwork I’m not edging as much , I was getting out with ok footwork but ideal shot selection mostly

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Ahh the drama, absolute Stumps :lol

@MattW This kind of stumps uprooting makes the game look cartoonish!! Hope BA look into this at some point in time soon and tone down these animations based on the impact level of ball onto the stumps!!

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Mine is default. Yet I'm getting all variety dismissals. Since you are not getting variety I asked you to increase /reduce it. Try playing with it in few games.
I did the changes and i dont see any difference. I even increased shot timing and footwork as well. Now since there are no edges i did not even loose wickets.
And one more thing i observed is there is no difference between ball marker display time at 21 and at 2 or even 0.
In both scenarios the ball markers are displaying at the same time. Can you test once at 21 and then at 2? It should actually make things difficult at 2 but its not.
I will open a ticket incase if you also notice it.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
@MattW Hi,
I just watched some of my old videos of Ashes cricket 17. During batting there is a feature in Ashes cricket 17 where the ball generally pitches in and around the pitch marker unlike cricket 22 where always the ball lands in the center of the pitch marker. Is this feature intentionally removed?
It used to be good and cause some troubles to batting sometimes.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
We get that you're not happy, cause you post about it every day.
Well I will post whenever I want. I paid for the game and will complain until it gets fixed. I post my complaints here because I know some of Big Ants people see the posts. Seeing that Ross block everyone that post any complaints about the game. Block me or ban me, it doesn't make you a God if you are one of the popular creators. I'm not with my head up BA's ass just because they are the only Developer of Cricket games.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
If they fix the game properly I will applaud them for a job well done. Unfortunately they release crappy patches week after week and I will comment on that.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Anyone else seen this? Happened during a career 1st class match. Pace bowler hit the stumps at his end with his bowling hand in his delivery stride. Given, rightly, a no ball....but was surprised when this happened.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I did the changes and i dont see any difference. I even increased shot timing and footwork as well. Now since there are no edges i did not even loose wickets.
And one more thing i observed is there is no difference between ball marker display time at 21 and at 2 or even 0.
In both scenarios the ball markers are displaying at the same time. Can you test once at 21 and then at 2? It should actually make things difficult at 2 but its not.
I will open a ticket incase if you also notice it.
Can you change the ball visual speed to 90 and see how it works.

midhun333

International Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Played a T20 game with striker timing at 40 and wicket chance at 60. Also reduced the run rate to 35. I have been getting some good games now.

Users who are viewing this thread