Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

I'm slightly confused, since nothing got downloaded recently on PS5, how the game started crashing locally? Like my saved matches won't work or even new ones won't work.

Now, I get that everyone plays the game differently, but this one just annoyed me too much to let it go. I like to think I have quite a high tolerance for such things as well.

When batting, using the pro camera, I like to have a look around the field fairly frequently to see who is fielding where. Pick your man, as it were. Especially early in an innings when I want to get a guy settled and knock it into the gaps, or when a batter has passed 50 and the AI has settled into it's ring field mentality.

Where are the gaps, where are the singles?

Well, in this instance there was a single to the left of midwicket (his left, my right, looking at him). Why there? Because Nkrumah Bonner was there. He is right handed, so he'd have to run around the ball to field it and throw, or he'd have to transfer the ball once he picked up with his left hand to throw with his right.

1646241765212.png

Or he can just pick it up with his left, and throw a direct hit at the stumps from midwicket no bother.

Unless I'm missing something (he bats right handed, and bowls right handed), that seems like quite some effort.

Not like the batter was closing in on a first career century or anything.... :facepalm

Now, I get that everyone plays the game differently, but this one just annoyed me too much to let it go. I like to think I have quite a high tolerance for such things as well.

When batting, using the pro camera, I like to have a look around the field fairly frequently to see who is fielding where. Pick your man, as it were. Especially early in an innings when I want to get a guy settled and knock it into the gaps, or when a batter has passed 50 and the AI has settled into it's ring field mentality.

Well, in this instance there was a single to the left of midwicket (his left, my right, looking at him). Why there? Because Nkrumah Bonner was there. He is right handed, so he'd have to run around the ball to field it and throw, or he'd have to transfer the ball once he picked up with his left hand to throw with his right.

View attachment 264534

Or he can just pick it up with his left, and throw a direct at the stumps from midwicket no bother.

Unless I'm missing something (he bats right handed, and bowls right handed), that seems like quite some effort.

Not like the batter was closing in on a first career century or anything.... :facepalm
Indeed, the propensity that the AI has to be able to throw exocet missiles with their non-useful hand at the stumps is rather...off.

I'm slightly confused, since nothing got downloaded recently on PS5, how the game started crashing locally? Like my saved matches won't work or even new ones won't work.
Same here. Unable to load anything at all. It just crashes. What is goin on? I am on ps5 and i dont think todayz update has been installed

View attachment 264534

Or he can just pick it up with his left, and throw a direct hit at the stumps from midwicket no bother.

I specifically remember Matt touching upon fielders throwing with the correct hand around release time. I think it was in regards to the Mike interview and how he was talking about new things. Matt explained that they wouldn’t scream from the rooftops “This was broken. We fixed it”. Not pre release anyway! It was something to that effect. I’ll admit that I haven’t really taken it in what with everything else in this game (Nor do I know what Nkrumah Bonner’s correct throwing arm is) but fielders only ever throwing with the correct arm should be an absolute basic in this game that should be correct five games in!

Judging by Ross's latest tweet it looks like the servers being offline wasn't planned maintenance.

View attachment 264534

I feel your pain . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread